More Dale Vince nonsense on new FGR kit

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Si Robin
I have just one point regarding your "facts" OTC - whilst redundancies may not have been announced publicly until June 2018, my sister was made redundant in May 2017.

I suggest you check your facts before responding in red bold writing.
The Old TomCat
Si Robin wrote:I have just one point regarding your "facts" OTC - whilst redundancies may not have been announced publicly until June 2018, my sister was made redundant in May 2017.

My good mate and FGR season ticket holder was made redundant at about same time as your sister. He was happy with his generous redundancy payment and found work in next to no time.
I suspect your sister also had a generous redundancy payment.
My daughter-in-law was twice made redundant but immediately found a new job and is now a very well paid office manager.
I was made redundant on a Friday and started my new job on Monday.
Your sister is not only one in world to be made redundant but with full employment within Gloucestershire I expect she quickly found a new job and had that large lump sum in her back pocket.
Si Robin your post is nothing more than Crocodile Tears.

And I am content leaving my post in bold red because RCS wrote a load of old poppycock and has been found out.
The fact that he has sent me an unpleasant PM shows he is losing the plot BIG TIME and that he is fully on back foot.
The Old TomCat
Sprout Picker wrote:
Blimey, not sure you're the person to be pontificating about anything that concerns attendance figures.

And 'food for concern'?! :lol:[/quote]

Yes I can also see the irony of me quoting attendances.
And did you notice that RCS admitted thru gritted teeth that I was not wrong.
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:OTC, my businesses have nothing to do with Hummel - read what I said.
Obviously you did not read or understand what I wrote. I said your business has CONNECTIONS with Hummel.

And well done for deciphering Lord Help Us - we would never have figured that one out for ourselves.
I'm pretty sure not everybody on Robin's Nest had worked it out. Ever helpful I am :D

Who did you get to help you with the attendance figures, or did our constant correction of your errors last season finally get through that strange brain of yours?
I'm pleased to note that you accept that I learn from my errors unlike yourself with your continual mischief-making falsehoods [like this thread]
Nesty
MODS - can we create a separate section for the Vegan Munchers ?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:OTC, my businesses have nothing to do with Hummel - read what I said.
Obviously you did not read or understand what I wrote. I said your business has CONNECTIONS with Hummel.

And well done for deciphering Lord Help Us - we would never have figured that one out for ourselves.
I'm pretty sure not everybody on Robin's Nest had worked it out. Ever helpful I am :D

Who did you get to help you with the attendance figures, or did our constant correction of your errors last season finally get through that strange brain of yours?
I'm pleased to note that you accept that I learn from my errors unlike yourself with your continual mischief-making falsehoods [like this thread]
My businesses have no connections with Hummel. I do not work in that sector at all. It is a personal friend I was talking about, not a business connection. Now learn from this and stop the falsehood.

Also, I see you ignored Si’s post.
Si Robin
He didn't, how he can speculate on what my sister got in redundancy is beyond me though.

I'm also not crying over it, merely pointing out that she was treated extremely shabbily by the company and that she felt that Dale Vince has taken his eye off the ball with the company because he's all about his vanity project at FGR. She also told me how she was often "obliged" to attend FGR home games - but I'm sure OTC will be along in time to tell me that this wasn't the case, despite him not knowing my sister, and me knowing that she wouldn't be seen dead in football ground unless she absolutely had to be there.

She has also moved onto better things following her redundancy - so it was very much win-win for her. The immediacy of the redundancy did give her cause for concern at the time though.
Sprout Picker
The Old TomCat wrote:
Sprout Picker wrote: Blimey, not sure you're the person to be pontificating about anything that concerns attendance figures.

And 'food for concern'?! :lol:

Yes I can also see the irony of me quoting attendances.
And did you notice that RCS admitted thru gritted teeth that I was not wrong.
Just need to carry on practising using that quote function and there will have been real progress.

Still not sure what 'food for concern' means though. Is it a charity?
Lord Elpuz
Old TomCat, you are a pedantic and tiresome buffoon. And they are the most polite descriptions one can award in your favour. You come on this Forum to deliberately wind-up the Cheltenham Town fans - and I cite as an example your pathetic attack on me as you wished to ‘rub my nose in it’. I would not like my nose near any of the ‘it’ you speak about (shhh - you know it makes sense ;)). I am more than confident you are fully capable of mustering said ‘it’, because quite simply, you must be an enema-in-waiting as you are such a brown-nose to your hero, you are never ever going to smell of roses.

On the subject of the statement I made which drew your rather over-the-top and somewhat clumsy response, I take it you refer to ‘polishing a turd’. If you look at the definition of said statement, it reads “To fix, repair, repaint, shine or do other things to something that isn't worthy”. I stand by that statement, because as far as most, if not all, Cheltenham fans are concerned, we have absolutely no desire to give Winchester a shiny welcome back to Cheltenham’s ground, because he really is not worthy of that.

It is rather pitiful that you feel the need to be ‘defender of the FGR faith’ as it shows what a sad and lonely individual you are.
The Old TomCat
Nesty wrote:MODS - can we create a separate section for the Vegan Munchers ?
Nesty,
check this thread out.
It was started by a Cheltenham forum member and most of the posts on it are from Cheltenham posters.
The title thread started as a falsehood and everything snowballed from that piece of malicious mischief.
I had no wish or desire to get involved in any discussion and posted a link that revealed the truth. But was subsequently encouraged to participate and which I have done so.
The fact that I have WON every subsequent debate is I guess the reason you want to close it down.
Too late I've already requested it be done.
Lord Elpuz
The Old TomCat wrote:
The fact that I have WON every subsequent debate is I guess the reason you want to close it down.
I think your paranoia is starting to get the better of you OTC. This is getting silly now. You might actually be in need of some help.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
Si Robin wrote:I have just one point regarding your "facts" OTC - whilst redundancies may not have been announced publicly until June 2018, my sister was made redundant in May 2017.

My good mate and FGR season ticket holder was made redundant at about same time as your sister. He was happy with his generous redundancy payment and found work in next to no time.
My daughter-in-law was twice made redundant but immediately found a new job and is now a very well paid office manager.
Your sister is not only one in world to be made redundant but with full employment within Gloucestershire I expect she quickly found a new job and had that large lump sum in her back pocket.

And I am content leaving my post in bold red because RCS wrote a load of old poppycock and has been found out.
The fact that he has sent me an unpleasant PM shows he is losing the plot BIG TIME and that he is fully on back foot.
Lol. Back foot. Had a good chuckle when I read that. If you are just playing along with the joke then fair play. If you are being serious, then as Lord E suggests, your health is grave cause for concern.
The Old TomCat
Lord Elpuz wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:
I think your paranoia is starting to get the better of you OTC. This is getting silly now. You might actually be in need of some help.
Not paranoia at all but actual facts:
Check out page 2 of this thread and then my posts dated 17th at 8.51 & 19th at 20.33.

LE, you should really stop shooting from the hip - it is so easy to scoring against you. :lol:
Last edited by The Old TomCat on 21 Aug 2018, 06:03, edited 1 time in total.
The Old TomCat
Si Robin wrote:He didn't, how he can speculate on what my sister got in redundancy is beyond me though. [Already answered. Re-read my post especially bit about my FGR mate getting made redundant with large redundancy package]

I'm also not crying over it, merely pointing out that she was treated extremely shabbily by the company and that she felt that Dale Vince has taken his eye off the ball with the company because he's all about his vanity project at FGR. She also told me how she was often "obliged" to attend FGR home games - but I'm sure OTC will be along in time to tell me that this wasn't the case, despite him not knowing my sister, and me knowing that she wouldn't be seen dead in football ground unless she absolutely had to be there.

She has also moved onto better things following her redundancy - so it was very much win-win for her. The immediacy of the redundancy did give her cause for concern at the time though.
Firstly I'd like to say that it is good news concerning your sister but of course it now exposes you as nothing more than a fraudulent sob story teller. Hopefully now that you have admitted full story it means that you will cease dragging your sister's name into Ecotricity debate.
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:

Lol. Back foot. Had a good chuckle when I read that. If you are just playing along with the joke then fair play. If you are being serious, then as Lord E suggests, your health is grave cause for concern.
Oh dear RCS, I suggest you read my reply to Si Robin and LE. It will rip that smirk off your face.
You need to stop digging. I've aced everything thrown at me and still have the sweet smell of success.
vickeryc
For heaven's sake, please stop giving this Tomcat buffoon reason to respond. It's all got so boring and not directly relevant to this club. I understand fans' frustrations with goings-on down the road, but this thread has gone increasingly off-topic and was arguably never CTFC Chat in the first place
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
vickeryc wrote:For heaven's sake, please stop giving this Tomcat buffoon reason to respond. It's all got so boring and not directly relevant to this club. I understand fans' frustrations with goings-on down the road, but this thread has gone increasingly off-topic and was arguably never CTFC Chat in the first place
But is funny to read his deluded ramblings. OTC is like a lower league football equivalent of Donald Trump’s twitter feed, albeit far less dangerous and influential, thankfully.
asl
Yep, locking this now: let's just stick to football-related matters when discussing FGR from now on. I will try to lock any threads I see that seek to do nothing other than look for bites from those down the road.