Cambridge United v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Robin
Thanks Shevates and Kev. I was pleased with the win but still feel we need to get the new manager in asap so he can potentially add 1-2 players before the loan deadline.

Also as an aside is Baldwin still in the squad or has he been recalled by Bristol City?
solihullkev
I can only presume you were not at the game Alf or you watched it with your eyes shut.

Even if you weren't at the game, the match stats says it all.

If you think our problems are solved, think again. We will not be as lucky as yesterday in the future on a continuous basis.
Alf
You are putting words in my mouth. I watched the game live on EFL so saw the whole 90mins.
I watched it with my mind open.
I have not said that Russ is the Messiah and that all our problems have been solved, I just said it was a decent performance with most players looking more comfortable based on what I saw, not statistics!
Feel free to slag off whoever you wish and get it out of your system.
I’m not touting for Russ to be next manager, just saying give him a chance if he deserves it.
solihullkev
Remarkable to suggest it was a decent performance when the caretaker manager himself said he was not happy with first half !

Let's see where we get to....
Robin
Out of interest Alf, are all games now available over a live stream as I thought it was just mid-week matches?
nitram82
I was at the game yesterday. Whilst Cambridge had more possession and more shots, not a single one of their efforts really troubled us, the shot Skimming the roof of the net was the closest they came to scoring. Really, it was a comfortable defensive display, but we weren’t nearly as comfortable in possession. But, whilst Cambridge never ever looked like scoring we were always in with a chance of nicking it which fortunately happened. Encouraging to see a much more organised display backed up with effort, just need the quality to improve but the platform it seems is there.
Alf
Robin wrote:Out of interest Alf, are all games now available over a live stream as I thought it was just mid-week matches?
EFL live package is only available outside the UK but all our Div2 matches are shown live. Hope this helps Robin.
Ralph
I get all the L2 games live here. Not sure about Cup but i'll check on that tomorrow
Shade
Ralph wrote:I get all the L2 games live here. Not sure about Cup but i'll check on that tomorrow
It's the EFL cup so no reason why you shouldn't get it.