end of days

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

longmover
I see this washed up clown is another mouth piece for end of the lower leagues

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... e-big-boys" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(I presume he's angling for a job somewhere?)

With this (which will happen) and the new stream for EFL games the future isn't looking good.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Money at the top killing the lower levels. Like the U.K. business/economy in general.

The obvious solution is for the top clubs to stop buying up all the kids and let them come through the lower league teams naturally. But that requires planning for the long-term greater good, which is not how decisions are made in Britain.
Robin
Mid-season breaks and feeder clubs cannot be allowed at any cost.
Cheltenhamshire10
Over the years we’ve pretty much become a Bristol City feeder club as a way of getting cheap loans
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Cheltenhamshire10 wrote:Over the years we’ve pretty much become a Bristol City feeder club as a way of getting cheap loans
Plus loans from Everton, Birmingham, Fulham, Chelsea and numerous others.
Cheltenhamshire10
Just the way it works. Over the years we’d be happy for us to subsidize loans going somewhere like Gloucester to get game time.
Not going to make up numbers but I’ve always asssumed loans coming from Bristol City have been on the cheaper side, plus we have the advantage of geography so they don’t have to relocate.
Robin
The main issue with the Bristol City loans is they've largely been utter rubbish.
Cheltenhamshire10
We just need some good Bristol City players coming back from injury like Brooker & Russell.
Ihearye
To be fair, the tvvat made the diagnosis in the first few words. Top teams stockpiling good kids. He just didn't have sufficient intelligence to come up with the obvious treatment