Very disturbed ... of Nailsworth

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Lord Elpuz
“Old TomCat” the serial unofficial mouthpiece of FGR on this Forum, has surpassed himself on the FGR Forum with his extremely poor taste attempt at a joke at our expense:

Re: FGR v Cheltenham Town in CT Trophy: forecasts
Postby The Old TomCat » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:26 pm

A man desperate at Cheltenham's current situation decides to top himself.
In his living room, alone, he prepares to hang himself.
At the very last moment, he decides upon wearing his full Red Army kit as his last statement.
A neighbour, catching sight of the impending incident, informs the police.
On arrival, the police quickly remove the Cheltenham kit and dress the man in stockings and suspenders.
The man, totally confused asks why.
The policeman simply replies, "It's to avoid embarrassing your family."

Does anyone else think it’s about time he was given a ban from posting on our Forum? He’s been fortunate in the past to be allowed to continue, when the matter has been previously raised, but I think his post above shows the workings of a very disturbed mind.

How can anyone think that suicide is in any way humorous? Why would anyone think it is okay for someone dressed in stockings and suspenders to be any more acceptable than a football kit when such a scene would be a tragedy, whatever the person was wearing? It is not at all funny, in fact it is quite disgusting.

It doesn’t matter a jot that this is a sideswipe at Cheltenham Town FC, it is more the point that such sick narrative is totally unacceptable wherever it is written.

Moderators, please ban this individual. He should not be given a platform, or encouraged to post any longer, on any Forum.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Making fun of suicide. Shows the man’s true colours.
Ralph
He's on a final warning and he knows it. And yes that is in really bad taste
SHANDY VOR
Come on Tommy, rein it in a bit.

As a footballing non-conformist and social inadequate, I can emphasise with you, and understand how you might instinctively punch out against the wolf pack, but don't let yourself be bullied into submission.

Like a mini haystack with a needle inside, covered by a big haystack with no other needles, there are a reasonable number of words you quote that make sense. You just need to join them up into sentences. I'd rather you were around so we could chew the Gloucestershire footballing cyber fat as you rock around on your both metaphorical and real redneck rocking chair.

I do recognise and respect you as a long time fan who watched the Rovers when they played in the Hellenic League, and these now are the golden years for you. But enjoy them and be gracious, and don't dilute your achievements by going six to seven toes with bandwagonners who have never known anything but football league and have no perspective.

Stay strong and we will educate
Lord Elpuz
A most apt piece of prose with wonderful imagery, SHANDY. Particularly poignant in the week of Burt Reynolds’ untimely passing. Let’s all hope that Old TomCat obtains some Deliverance from your well constructed metaphors.
The Old TomCat
Ralph wrote:He's on a final warning and he knows it. And yes that is in really bad taste

Interesting post Ralph, very interesting.
You will have noted of course that it was Lord ‘E who opened this thread and it was the same Lord ‘E who posted the anecdote that has brought mock horror to those on Robin’s Nest with a sensitive disposition.
I am merely an innocent bystander and as such expect a full withdrawal of your bullying comments. They should be solely addressed to Lord ‘E.
The Old TomCat
SHANDY VOR wrote: Good evening gentlemen.

I see nothing changes, Robin still doesn't know his cardinal arse from his ordinal elbow. OTC is of course numerically on the button, and I would also disagree with Robin's thoughts on fan base. There is so much latent support in the City if we could only get our act together, certainly more than half of your floaters and bobbers.

And I entirely agree with those of you who wouldn't swap their allegiance between Gloucestershire's big 3. How could you?
Thomas - It seems to me that Rovers have enough quality, and some decent points already, to suggest they should easily avoid a relegation battle. My guessing is that this will relax the team, and fans, and take the pressure off. And what with this being the first time at this level in that situation it will be seen as an achievement rather than seeing mid table mediocrity as failure or unrealistically demanding promotion or play offs. This might give you that extra bit that comes with playing with freedom.

Do you think you've got an outside (or inside) chance of promotion this season?

Good day Shandy,

Thanks for your post of support on other thread. Much appreciated.

I must admit having a Vegan and a Tiger discussing The Green Army on the Cheltenham forum is different but there is much interest in FGR on this site, as the numerous threads indicate, that they cannot possibly object.

Second year in Football League so really enjoying [up till now] unique experience of having team in top half of table.
FGR have a far stronger team than last season. In fact I can confidently say that it is possibly one of the best squad of players in league although I suspect ctfc-fan will disagree.
I base that strong claim on fact that having watched every EFL2 game last season I know the league standard and the current players in the FGR squad compare very well. Plus FGR had a PSF against a full Leeds United first team that was playing their first match for new LU manager. FGR lost match but for an hour were every bit as good as LU, a team currently top of the Championship. And then look at the league table: unbeaten FGR have been in top half of it all season.
Whether FGR can maintain good form to join the promotion mix is uncertain at this early stage of the season. FGR will not be amongst the relegation candidates. My own forecast is that FGR will finish season in top half of table but just outside the promotion play-offs places.
Having said that I know that everybody at TNL will be cheering on the team for a not unreasonable target of a second promotion in two years.

BTW good luck this season to your team. It will be good when they return home. Evesham is too far for me to make a casual trip to watch them although I have done so at Whaddon Road. I was impressed at the passionate support, albeit small, from those dedicated Tiger supporters.
I also think that within a couple of seasons back home, Gloucester will be in right in the middle of the promotion mix.
ctfc-fan
Yes but you’re basing it on other teams last years playing staff whereas do you really think you were the only team that changed players?!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
SHANDY VOR wrote: Good evening gentlemen.

I see nothing changes, Robin still doesn't know his cardinal arse from his ordinal elbow. OTC is of course numerically on the button, and I would also disagree with Robin's thoughts on fan base. There is so much latent support in the City if we could only get our act together, certainly more than half of your floaters and bobbers.

And I entirely agree with those of you who wouldn't swap their allegiance between Gloucestershire's big 3. How could you?
Thomas - It seems to me that Rovers have enough quality, and some decent points already, to suggest they should easily avoid a relegation battle. My guessing is that this will relax the team, and fans, and take the pressure off. And what with this being the first time at this level in that situation it will be seen as an achievement rather than seeing mid table mediocrity as failure or unrealistically demanding promotion or play offs. This might give you that extra bit that comes with playing with freedom.

Do you think you've got an outside (or inside) chance of promotion this season?

Good day Shandy,

Thanks for your post of support on other thread. Much appreciated.

I must admit having a Vegan and a Tiger discussing The Green Army on the Cheltenham forum is different but there is much interest in FGR on this site, as the numerous threads indicate, that they cannot possibly object.

Second year in Football League so really enjoying [up till now] unique experience of having team in top half of table.
FGR have a far stronger team than last season. In fact I can confidently say that it is possibly one of the best squad of players in league although I suspect ctfc-fan will disagree.
I base that strong claim on fact that having watched every EFL2 game last season I know the league standard and the current players in the FGR squad compare very well. Plus FGR had a PSF against a full Leeds United first team that was playing their first match for new LU manager. FGR lost match but for an hour were every bit as good as LU, a team currently top of the Championship. And then look at the league table: unbeaten FGR have been in top half of it all season.
Whether FGR can maintain good form to join the promotion mix is uncertain at this early stage of the season. FGR will not be amongst the relegation candidates. My own forecast is that FGR will finish season in top half of table but just outside the promotion play-offs places.
Having said that I know that everybody at TNL will be cheering on the team for a not unreasonable target of a second promotion in two years.

BTW good luck this season to your team. It will be good when they return home. Evesham is too far for me to make a casual trip to watch them although I have done so at Whaddon Road. I was impressed at the passionate support, albeit small, from those dedicated Tiger supporters.
I also think that within a couple of seasons back home, Gloucester will be in right in the middle of the promotion mix.
No comment or apology for your distasteful and disturbing mocking of suicide, the biggest killer of men in my age bracket in the U.K?
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: No comment or apology for your distasteful and disturbing mocking of suicide, the biggest killer of men in my age bracket in the U.K?
RCS,
I refer you to your post of 16 Nov 2013 @ 17.51 where you say:
"Hope someone shoots them in the face."
http://www.robinsnestforum.co.uk/viewto ... =8&t=15018" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kettle, pots & black spring to mind.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: No comment or apology for your distasteful and disturbing mocking of suicide, the biggest killer of men in my age bracket in the U.K?
RCS,
http://www.robinsnestforum.co.uk/viewto ... =8&t=15018" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Look at the context: that was me wishing retribution of a group of violent individuals who slaughtered an endangered animal.

Completely different from mocking and making fun of mental illness and suicide for no reason, especially when so many families are impacted by it.

So no black pots or kettles here mate.
kora
Just ignore him and he might go away, then he can't whinge forever about being banned, although he should be.
SHANDY VOR
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:
RCS,
Look at the context: that was me wishing retribution of a group of violent individuals who slaughtered an endangered animal.

Completely different from mocking and making fun of mental illness and suicide for no reason, especially when so many families are impacted by it.

So no black pots or kettles here mate.
Serious question Sam, were you bullied at school?

Returning to the thread, seven wrongs don't make six rights. Those who live in greenhouses shouldn't throw bones etc etc. Violence is always wrong, history will tell you that, but this thread has nothing to do with the subject matter. Its all about oneupmanship and having the final.
Lord Elpuz
The Old TomCat wrote:
Ralph wrote:He's on a final warning and he knows it. And yes that is in really bad taste

Interesting post Ralph, very interesting.
You will have noted of course that it was Lord ‘E who opened this thread and it was the same Lord ‘E who posted the anecdote that has brought mock horror to those on Robin’s Nest with a sensitive disposition.
I am merely an innocent bystander and as such expect a full withdrawal of your bullying comments. They should be solely addressed to Lord ‘E.
“Innocent bystander”? Come on Old TomCat, who are you trying to kid, apart from yourself? You bring retribution to your own doorstep with your constant trolling of our Forum, and posting of your glib, boastful, goading & gloating diatribes, only surpassed by your horrendously poor taste attempts at humour, reproduced at the header of this thread.

Bystanders by definition do not get involved, therefore if you see yourself as a bystander, do us all a favour and stop trolling us. If you persist in your puerile mocking of Robins Nest posters on your heavily armoured FGR Forum where you feel protected, safe and able to post such poor taste ‘jokes’ at our expense, we will find you out, as we have done.

You exercise your self appointed right to post on our Forum and even question your “final warning” because you perhaps believe in Freedom of Speech, but as the unofficial mouthpiece of FGR, perhaps you should recommend the same Freedoms for non-FGR visitors to your own Forum, so we can balance the petulant comments you publish on that Forum where you gleefully boast about how you “run rings” around us and that you are “chuffed to bits” about doing so, to your own readership. That’s evidence of deliberate and targeted trolling.

But you won’t see it that way, will you?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:
Serious question Sam, were you bullied at school?
Briefly for a spell, but not as bad as others - whom I was always happy to offer a hand of friendship to.

Why do you ask?
SHANDY VOR
Because I adore you Samuel, and want to know everything about you.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:Because I adore you Samuel, and want to know everything about you.
I will let you know if I ever write a book.
SHANDY VOR
Once you reach your 20,000th post then why not publish the lot of them as a compendium - it'd be a Christmas stocking filler.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:Once you reach your 20,000th post then why not publish the lot of them as a compendium - it'd be a Christmas stocking filler.
Sounds like a challenge to get another 1,200 words out in the next two months for a December launch.
The Old TomCat
ctfc-fan wrote:Yes but you’re basing it on other teams last years playing staff whereas do you really think you were the only team that changed players?!

Genuine reply:
Teams within leagues have peaks and troughs but the overall standard of the league remains consistent year in, year out.
I based my early opinion that FGR would have a good season having been to every FGR match last season plus a few Cheltenham games as comparison.
I previously said that the FGR squad is as good as any team in EFL2 and stand by that statement. But will accept that some other teams may have one or two better first teamers. Where FGR is fortunate is that those sitting on bench at start of games are up to standard as those starting game.
The current unbeaten run and team in top half of table supports what I say.

Please bear in mind that I have a decent track on subject. Last year I attended a PSF at Whaddon Road where newcomer Eisa had an outstanding game and I selected him from game one [b4 others had cottoned on to his magic] to eventually win the 2016/17 Robin’s Nest Prediction competition.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
ctfc-fan wrote:Yes but you’re basing it on other teams last years playing staff whereas do you really think you were the only team that changed players?!

Genuine reply:
Teams within leagues have peaks and troughs but the overall standard of the league remains consistent year in, year out.
I based my early opinion that FGR would have a good season having been to every FGR match last season plus a few Cheltenham games as comparison.
I previously said that the FGR squad is as good as any team in EFL2 and stand by that statement. But will accept that some other teams may have one or two better first teamers. Where FGR is fortunate is that those sitting on bench at start of games are up to standard as those starting game.
The current unbeaten run and team in top half of table supports what I say.

Please bear in mind that I have a decent track on subject. Last year I attended a PSF at Whaddon Road where newcomer Eisa had an outstanding game and I selected him from game one [b4 others had cottoned on to his magic] to eventually win the 2016/17 Robin’s Nest Prediction competition.
When you say as good as any other team, does that mean Lincoln or Macclesfield?
SHANDY VOR
OK.

So in the Battle of the Last Word (of nonsense), we have gone two days without a new post so currently the bid for the Last Word is with the pompously named 'gentleman' in the back of the room.

Do we have any more takers?

Going once, going twice (going more than 18,000 times).......