....still on a nostalgic note

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

milestones
I've been reading (and occasionally posting) on this message board since about 1994, probably around the time it was started by Nesty.
But maybe it goes back further than that. Perhaps Nesty could tell us when it actually started.
Robin
I've been a regular contributed since 1999 I think. I don't recall a single message board before that but there were a handful of websites and a mailing list.
Nesty
I cannot remember exactly must have been around the mid 90"s
asl
There's been several other message boards in the past, but they've all fallen by the wayside and only The Nest has continued, despite the number of people who I've heard complaining about it.

Ah...the old days...onlooker, paddock junior, StanRstairlift, cleeve villain, jimmywringpiece ...plus regular contributors from other clubs like tigermike, shredded wheat head, harriers9...
Shade
On the bright side, these days you get ramblings from the likes of Shade.
Nesty
StanR Stairliift was a chap who worked in the same office as me - he was a Cambridge Utd fan and a Rugby fanatic who helped me to stir things up.!
SHANDY VOR
As many of you will know I used to post a lot from the 2000s up to about 4 years ago and following a long spell inside I have recently rejoined the community of the deluded.

A lot of things changed during my time away, I never got to give you my wisdom the year you were relegated, and I was also saddened to hear about the passing of that cantankerous old sod TaxiDave, my old sparring partner on here. So much so I decided to pay my respects at his funeral, although my last minute decision not to turn up in City kit (including shorts, socks, shinpads, boots and Cliff Richard headband) was one of my better decisions that day.

I've not seen CV (Cleeve Villain) on here for some time. I used to enjoy his ranting and moaning and in 2008 he helped lift me out of a serious bout of depression when I realised that I could end up like him. It was like looking at the Moaning Ghost of Christmas Future. A sort of bipolar Scrooge if you like. I did try and thank him for it once but he told me to f#!$ off and it didn't matter as we're all going to die anyway.
Red Duke
The one I miss the most is Onlooker. He came across as ex football hooligan and had a strong bias towards Bournemouh as the example to follow. With hindsight, maybe he was right, we should have copied their route to success.
ctfc-fan
Red Duke wrote:The one I miss the most is Onlooker. He came across as ex football hooligan and had a strong bias towards Bournemouh as the example to follow. With hindsight, maybe he was right, we should have copied their route to success.
You can find him on the Swindon Facebook page, he’s very vocal on there.
Robin
Really Churchdown onlooker switched to Swindle or are you mixing him up with Superkoz?
ctfc-fan
Ah sorry, yes thinking of Koz.
theidlerich
...anyone know of Pitbull who started the "prediction threads" a few years ago? His quiet wit was entertaining.