October ?

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Nesty
How many points will we pick up in October ?

given our results against top 3rd/mid table/ bottom 3rd it would seem likely we will get 5 points from the 6 games.

We need to start Tuesday with a win over Morecambe, draws against MK Dons and Yeovil. Not expecting anything against FGR, Oldham and Stevenage

Anything extra would, I believe be a bonus.
Robin
I would we can beat Morecambe, Yeovil and take a point from FGR, I doubt we will get anything at the Franchise. Oldham and Stevenage are both winnable if we approach the game the right way but equally our record against Stevenage in recent years has been unacceptable so I wouldn't be confident there.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
If we do get 5 points from the 6 games that is poor.

9 points minimum for me.
paperboy
..... I didn't hear the boo boys at the final whistle,but I wonder how long that will last.

I hope for a moral boosting three points on Tuesday, but Morecambe are on a good little run at the moment.
Nesty
Yes we need a lift and a win at JR Stadium
Robin
I honestly don't feel we are too bad overall and are fairly good as a unit now under Duff. We simply have to find a way to create more chances though, we should be blowing teams like Morecambe away but I'd take a scrappy 1-0 now just to keep us away from those scrapping against relegation.
Si Robin
Why should we be blowing "teams like Morecambe" away?

We have scored 1 league goal at home all season and never remotely looked like scoring yesterday, despite how good Lincoln were defensively.

It's not little old Cheltenham to show some respect to our opponents, especially those who are above us in the League and have actually been in this division for more consecutive years than us.
CTFC03
We should be turning up and beating teams like Morecambe & Macclesfield, who are easily the worst teams currently despite their win on Saturday, tuesday is must win after yesterday's defeat, we created nothing but we stood up against a well organised side and I'm confident we will stay up because we look solid overall and there's definitely two clubs worse than us as it stands.
Nesty
i thought I would bump this back up.......
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nesty wrote:i thought I would bump this back up.......
Doesn’t look like we will reach the targets set. A win on the weekend is essential.

By hook or crook three points must be secured.
Shade
Stevenage's form in October hasn't been great:

Lost 1-0 with a man sent off at Exeter
Won 3-1 at home to Colchester
Lost 8-0 at home to Charlton in the noddy cup
Lost 2-1 at Newport
Lost 1-0 at home with a man sent off to Crewe
Drew 0-0 with Yeovil at home