Ref watch

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Shade
Absolute dog s#!t. I'm sure we've already had that overweight idiot once this season? Couldn't be quick enough to give Crewe free kicks for sod all, yet Broom has to be laid out on the ground and kicked 6 times before we get one. Unless we're on the break. Couldn't blow fast enough then. Then waves advantage when the same thing happens the other way and Flinders saves us a point. And giving a goal kick from Forster's shot that I think deflected off two Crewe players and ballooned over the bar...Jesus wept. So, so fed up with these refs, if you couldn't tell.
asl
He wasn't biased, though: he was equally as sh1t for both teams.
Shade
Although he did make a few bad decisions against Crewe, I'm sure we by far had the worse end of the stick. Barnett's yellow card was an absolute joke. If you can't challenge for the ball in those circumstances...
One of the most incosistent refs I've ever seen. Forster had his foot head height second half and nothing.
asl
Shade wrote:Barnett's yellow card was an absolute joke.
:shock: Boot studs-first studs at thigh level? I was almost level with that and thought it was the most nailed-on yellow, ever, and thoroughly deserved. I reckon me and you were at different matches...
Shade
Where was the Crewe players foot?
Alf
The number of times I think that I’ve seen the worst ref in league 2............then along comes another.
CTFC03
We've had that ref quite a few times here and he is absolutely awful, look at him he's not even fit enough.
vickeryc
He was pretty awful, but he got some decisions right so, on balance, far from the worst ref I've seen at WR!
tunnelvision
CTFC03 wrote:We've had that ref quite a few times here and he is absolutely awful, look at him he's not even fit enough.
Surely ref's should attain a minimum level of fitness to be able to do the job properly. As you said, looked unfit and barely kept up with the play. Only plus for me was that he didn't give Crewe any soft penalties, unlike the last one!
horlickfanclub
Some of the advantages he didn't play gave him a chance to have a breather. Really poor.
Alf
Prob because he couldn’t run with both his arms in the air at the same time!
SHANDY VOR
No ref, no game.

No woman no cry.

No wing me no wing you, aha!
Nesty
these refs are inconsistent, incompetent and in someones pocket
THECHOIRBOY
I think his assistants were as to blame. Earlier on he made some decent decisions. But in second half nicky hunt was throwing the ball away every time we won a free kick and absolutely nothing. I can't expect him to see everything.... But if he doesn't see the massive deflection for a corner then surely his assistant needs to be strong enough to tell him that he did!
Alf
Hope he could see alright when he drove their bus back to Crewe.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Absolute scenes at Moss Rose this weekend. Referee gives Macclesfield field a penalty in the last minutes, to beat FGR, before changing is mind and consigning Yates’ men to a draw.
Shade
What an absolute someone that will go blind if they keep that up... that ref is, whoever he is, no matter whether it should have been a penalty or not. We all know it was a penalty.

Wonder if Cooper still complained about refs being anti-FGR after the game?