Kevin Ellison

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Round Robin
What a great pro this guy is . Half time last night he was warming up in front of the Speedie skips and having a ' crack' with the young lads behind the goal . Taking the mickey out of his own baldness and saying how lucky they were with a full barnet. I remember he did the same last year when covering a post at corners

Over the years he's been a good footballer who obviously loves the game but it is refreshing in this day and age to see a bit of proper banter .

I read a while ago that he has had anxiety issues as well which he has struggled to cope with which makes life more difficult .

Good luck to him
Shade
Anxiety that being a cheat for so many years is going to catch up with him?
Red Duke
He showed that he is a "good footballer" and a "great pro" by conning the referee in awarding him a free kick for a foul by Maddox.
Round Robin
I agree he did go down pretty easily !!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Just amazed he didn’t elbow or nut anyone like he usually does.
I-Love-CTFC
Round Robin wrote:What a great pro this guy is . Half time last night he was warming up in front of the Speedie skips and having a ' crack' with the young lads behind the goal . Taking the mickey out of his own baldness and saying how lucky they were with a full barnet. I remember he did the same last year when covering a post at corners

Over the years he's been a good footballer who obviously loves the game but it is refreshing in this day and age to see a bit of proper banter .

I read a while ago that he has had anxiety issues as well which he has struggled to cope with which makes life more difficult .

Good luck to him
That was good to see. Sadly, his mother passed away just the the other day.
Si Robin
Ellison is one of those players who, if he's on your team you love him, but is hated by fans of all other clubs.

Always got the impression he was just an old pro, and it's good to hear that he was taking the time to have a bit of banter with the lads behind the goal.
alwaysarobin
I had a chat with him when he was warming up in the 2nd half and he was commenting on how close we are to getting some good results on the board. He was complimentary about us and saying that Morecombe's issues have been scoring goals lately. Sounds familiar.
Had a good laugh and yes dont like him in the opposite team but would have loved him in ours.
CTFC03
I always thought he was very underrated, a nightmare to play against and very consistent for this level, good to hear.
SHANDY VOR
Sounds like a good guy but is he a vegetarian?
Shade
He and Pell are one of a kind really. Love them with you, hate them against you, and they like banter and cheating.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:Sounds like a good guy but is he a vegetarian?
I heard he only eats Halal.
paperboy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
...unlike Kyle Storer.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
paperboy wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
...unlike Kyle Storer.
Even the French would be shocked at how ‘rare’ Stoz likes is Lincoln steak.
Artemis
Storer is more a steak tartare kinda guy...

And Ellison is one of those players that I was a CTFC player!