Olly Price

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Eight goals so far this season...one for the future? http://bit.ly/CTFCGiggsy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nesty
I hope we use these home grown lads better than we have in the past, players like Marley Watkins, Sam Foley etc slip through the net without really getting a run in the team............

we must not have George Lloyd added to that list
ctfc-fan
Nesty wrote:I hope we use these home grown lads better than we have in the past, players like Marley Watkins, Sam Foley etc slip through the net without really getting a run in the team............

No, people said they weren’t good enough, they got shipped out, and just came back bigger and stronger and better.
Artemis
Same with Ed Williams if he makes the move from Kiddy to the Championship as is rumoured. He wasn't good enough to hold down a first team place, so he was moved on. Same as Watkins and Foley. May also be the case with Lloyd. If he was good enough, he'd be in the team.
Alf
Let’s hope Duffo is a bit more tolerant than previous managers and has a bit more affinity with the young talent after the job he had at Burnley.
Nesty
ctfc-fan wrote:
Nesty wrote:I hope we use these home grown lads better than we have in the past, players like Marley Watkins, Sam Foley etc slip through the net without really getting a run in the team............

No, people said they weren’t good enough, they got shipped out, and just came back bigger and stronger and better.
I accept that - and it goes down to squad size etc
Malabus
Younger, exciting prospects will be sold to the Championship. When the board see the colour of money they will sell, that's been the case for years now.