Can we scrape a point or damage limitation on defeat

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Horteng
That’s how it feels before and after every game at the moment [TIRED FACE]
Robin
Bigger concern is last two games we've looked poor defensively. Confidence or lack of managerial nous by Duff?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Bigger concern is last two games we've looked poor defensively. Confidence or lack of managerial nous by Duff?
Done for pace as we have none.
Robin
We are not slow at the back but there were big gaping holes the last two games. Field especially was very poor today, we need Hussey to be starting against FGR.

I still feel midfield is our biggest mess within the side. I'd love Pell and Morrell back in there right now.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:We are not slow at the back but there were big gaping holes the last two games. Field especially was very poor today, we need Hussey to be starting against FGR.

I still feel midfield is our biggest mess within the side. I'd love Pell and Morrell back in there right now.
Not slow?? Lol

Boyle, Forster and Mullins are slow. Alcock and Hussey average and can’t make up for it. Don’t know about Baldwin.
I-Love-CTFC
I've seen milk turn quicker than some of our defence.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I-Love-CTFC wrote:I've seen milk turn quicker than some of our defence.
And that was unopened long-life.
Robin
Mullins, Boyle are not slow for centre backs. Think Boka Freeman or Steve Elliott that's slow. Mullins and Hussey are both quality at this level and Boyle is fine for a young central defender.

Our biggest problem is midfield, as I've said elsewhere we've wrongly sold Pell, we should have signed Morrell (rotting in Bristol City reserves) and let Winchester run off for a big signing on fee whilst signing lots of inferior players in there. Come January that is our first priority and we can then move on Clements, Thomas, probably Smith and maybe Tozer.
art vandalay
Sadly it seems that the lure of £100k was more important to the club than the presence of a very popular and influential player in the team.
Horteng
art vandalay wrote:Sadly it seems that the lure of £100k was more important to the club than the presence of a very popular and influential player in the team.
It did buy the chairman a Ferrari tho
Ihearye
Yet another totally out of order comment!!!
Back to football. Our defence is exposed by two poor? Average full backs. Whose lack of pace and spacial awareness, leave the CB exposed and on the back foot. Maddox should be slotted in to midfield with strict orders. No crabbing across the pitch or turning back, but have the confidence to take players on. Think with him and Broom backing up Varney and one other, we should pose some sort of threat. We need to reduce the pitch width and forget about trying to turn our FB's inro flying wingers. Make the pitch compact and us harder to beat while attacking up the middle
Robin
One thing I will say is I have been a big critic of Baldwin but yesterday he was OK, not great but wasn't exposed very much. Field on the other hand who I felt would be a great signing was caught out and targeted often. We need Hussey and Alcock back for the next game.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The worrying thing is that earlier in the season the problem was only scoring goals as we were only losing 1-0 most weeks, and weeks where we did score we drew or won. Whereas in the last few weeks we have started shipping goals as well, meaning when we do score one we are still soundly beaten by a few goals, and as achieved in the Morecambe horror show, we need at least two goals to get a point.
Robin
Yesterday we were cut open by hopeful long balls into the channels, it's been happening a lot the last two games.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Yesterday we were cut open by hopeful long balls into the channels, it's been happening a lot the last two games.
Showing up the lack of pace and mobility at the back.