Joshua Debayo

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Loaned to National League: http://bit.ly/5thLoanee" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
Good move for him although I'm not convinced Tom Field has done much better than Debayo did. Hussey is clearly first choice regardless.
Nesty
thats the third player GJ signed on a 2 year deal in the Summer who has gone out on loan.

and then there were 23
horlickfanclub
Look at the positives. He was never going to be first choice.It will be good for him. He need experience as has some talent. In a few years he will be a centre back.
Robin
He needs to toughen up and do the dirty side of the game, he's got pace and a decent left foot in my opinion.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:He needs to toughen up and do the dirty side of the game, he's got pace and a decent left foot in my opinion.
Yup, his two devishly whipped crosses into the zone of uncertainty vs Carlisle will probably not be bettered by anyone this season in our squad.

Just a shame Graham and Wright had gone and Barnett and Varney has yet to arrive as any of them would have burst the net with ease like the delivery deserved.
Si Robin
A good move for him, he's clearly got some talent but it's obvious he's never played men's football to a decent standard (Checkatrade and U23 games simply aren't competitive enough).

Hopefully this move will teach him some of the dirty aspects of the game and he'll come back a better player for it.
horlickfanclub
If Field goes back in January to be seen by the new Brentford Manager Debayo may come back as a decent back up to Hussey.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:If Field goes back in January to be seen by the new Brentford Manager Debayo may come back as a decent back up to Hussey.
Which he was always meant to be. Hussey was signed as first choice. People seem to forget that at times.
paperboy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
horlickfanclub wrote:If Field goes back in January to be seen by the new Brentford Manager Debayo may come back as a decent back up to Hussey.
Which he was always meant to be. Hussey was signed as first choice. People seem to forget that at times.
Yes agree with that.
He looks to be very short of confidence IMO
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
paperboy wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Yes agree with that.
He looks to be very short of confidence IMO
Bound to be when anything not perfect is met with boos and derision from supporters, whilst team mates are given much more slack.
Artemis
He may well turn out to be a better winger than defender, especially with his crossing ability.
Fuller
Artemis wrote:He may well turn out to be a better winger than defender, especially with his crossing ability.
That's what some said about Jordan Cranston too ... and then he plays left side midfield against us and scores a goal !

Ah the problematic left back position for CTFC. Mind you Jamie Victory was a good 'un.
paperboy
Fuller wrote:
Artemis wrote:He may well turn out to be a better winger than defender, especially with his crossing ability.
That's what some said about Jordan Cranston too ... and then he plays left side midfield against us and scores a goal !

Ah the problematic left back position for CTFC. Mind you Jamie Victory was a good 'un.
Saw Cranners play a half for us in midfield during a Checkatrade? match and he had a cracking game.
Artemis
Our left backs seem to be either brilliant or dire. Or played out of position in Craig Armstrong's case.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Artemis wrote:Our left backs seem to be either brilliant or dire. Or played out of position in Craig Armstrong's case.
It would be interesting to see how fans views vary depending where they are in the ground. I.e. do those stood or sat in right-back/left-forward position have different opinions and perspectives from those stood or sat in the left-back position. (I don’t include centrally behind the goal as the view is so bad it is impossible to accurately assess much outside of the box).
horlickfanclub
Standing or sitting. Poor grammar from such an expert. :shock:
theidlerich
.....seat cushions at dawn.............coming up!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:Standing or sitting. Poor grammar from such an expert. :shock:
Never claimed to be a grammar expert. Thanks for correction. Nowt wrong with a bit of Shire dialect even if incorrect!

Turns out from this study it is also common dialect in the North as well, so as a working class Shireboy in Tyneside what chance do I have! https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals ... EF0673B905" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe I should take some Eliza Doolittle style elocution classes, keeping on the Audrey Hepburn theme started in my non-footy post, if you think that will help me fit in more.