Register    Login    Search    FAQ



CTFC.com Official Site Cheltenham Town FC 500 Club

Other Useful Links:     Leo's Blog    Robins Trust    CTFC Chatter    Football Ground Guide    This is Gloucestershire    News Now    CTFC History Site

Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY




 Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 



Author Message
 Post subject: Why Michael Duff is safe
 Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018, 19:54 
Offline

Joined: 23 Mar 2017, 22:26
Posts: 40
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Hi all,

Luke Griffin has written a piece on why Michael Duff should have no concerns regarding his job security despite a difficult start:

http://d3d4football.com/why-michael-duff-is-safe-at-cheltenham-town/


Thanks,

James


Top  Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Why Michael Duff is safe
 Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018, 09:53 
Offline

Joined: 03 Dec 2009, 10:22
Posts: 1086
Location: Cotswolds
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
A realistic viewpoint of where we are. I certainly hope that some cash is available to 're-energise' the squad when the transfer window re-opens. Presumably dependant on us being able to offload some pretty average and under performing players. I trust the current 'scouts' make better choices than the last lot [a few exceptions obviously]!
To spend money on any building work would be a foolish decision; we need to crawl towards mid-table and be certain of staying there first!


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Why Michael Duff is safe
 Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018, 11:02 
Offline

Joined: 17 Apr 2011, 09:24
Posts: 1572
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
I totally agree. It wasn’t as though Duffo inherited a squad of competent players which just needed remotivating. He inherited players from a manager who signed them and apparently could not motivate them either. There is a lot of rebuilding required in the next two or three months and I will consider retaining our div 2 status as an achievement. Anything else will be a bonus.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Why Michael Duff is safe
 Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018, 11:04 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 19829
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Alf wrote:
I totally agree. It wasn’t as though Duffo inherited a squad of competent players which just needed remotivating. He inherited players from a manager who signed them and apparently could not motivate them either. There is a lot of rebuilding required in the next two or three months and I will consider retaining our div 2 status as an achievement. Anything else will be a bonus.


Kalala et al looked motivated to me and keen to get up to League fitness and pace. Only the injured players weren’t trying on the pitch!


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Why Michael Duff is safe
 Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018, 12:27 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2011, 10:17
Posts: 5339
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
I didnt see Kalala or Duku play but listening to the radio and reading comments on social media they seemed to bring pace and directness to the front line, same with Adaai -

I agree that although it will add up to yet another wasted season, retaining out FL status is a must


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Why Michael Duff is safe
 Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018, 13:25 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 05 Jan 2018, 09:08
Posts: 618
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
The shame is that, the support are usually, sorry are very patient with the team. If they could only produce a couple of results, they would soon learn that even draws are appluaded of the pitch !! The support is always there for them, just need to be given a few crumbs to lift them


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Why Michael Duff is safe
 Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018, 13:54 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 19829
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Ihearye wrote:
The shame is that, the support are usually, sorry are very patient with the team. If they could only produce a couple of results, they would soon learn that even draws are appluaded of the pitch !! The support is always there for them, just need to be given a few crumbs to lift them


Agreed. Even though the Morecambe result was as awful as Barnet last season and the Altrincham result in the Champions season, the fans were on their feet and applauded the team off after they fought back to snatch the draw.

(Can’t say the same for the Board, with the players rallying to score a late equaliser away from home only to see their manager sacked an hour later.)


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Why Michael Duff is safe
 Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018, 14:43 
Offline

Joined: 17 Apr 2011, 09:24
Posts: 1572
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Alf wrote:
I totally agree. It wasn’t as though Duffo inherited a squad of competent players which just needed remotivating. He inherited players from a manager who signed them and apparently could not motivate them either. There is a lot of rebuilding required in the next two or three months and I will consider retaining our div 2 status as an achievement. Anything else will be a bonus.


Kalala et al looked motivated to me and keen to get up to League fitness and pace. Only the injured players weren’t trying on the pitch!


I was referring to the squad as a whole and the overall atmosphere. Obviously some individuals responded better than others but I wasn’t going to go through the whole squad giving marks out of 10.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Why Michael Duff is safe
 Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018, 15:07 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 14:02
Posts: 10132
Location: Cheltenhamshire
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Ihearye wrote:
The shame is that, the support are usually, sorry are very patient with the team. If they could only produce a couple of results, they would soon learn that even draws are appluaded of the pitch !! The support is always there for them, just need to be given a few crumbs to lift them


Agreed. Even though the Morecambe result was as awful as Barnet last season and the Altrincham result in the Champions season, the fans were on their feet and applauded the team off after they fought back to snatch the draw.

(Can’t say the same for the Board, with the players rallying to score a late equaliser away from home only to see their manager sacked an hour later.)


Difference with Morecambe was we dominated and had many opportunities, but they kept hitting us on the break and we looked weak at the back. If we make chances the fans will always applaud the players.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Why Michael Duff is safe
 Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018, 15:13 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 19829
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Shade wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Ihearye wrote:
The shame is that, the support are usually, sorry are very patient with the team. If they could only produce a couple of results, they would soon learn that even draws are appluaded of the pitch !! The support is always there for them, just need to be given a few crumbs to lift them


Agreed. Even though the Morecambe result was as awful as Barnet last season and the Altrincham result in the Champions season, the fans were on their feet and applauded the team off after they fought back to snatch the draw.

(Can’t say the same for the Board, with the players rallying to score a late equaliser away from home only to see their manager sacked an hour later.)


Difference with Morecambe was we dominated and had many opportunities, but they kept hitting us on the break and we looked weak at the back. If we make chances the fans will always applaud the players.


I was purely talking results but yes agree with your sentiment completely.


Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 




Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 17 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: