Cheltenham Town v Mansfield Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Team news, live updates and video reaction all here this afternoon: http://bit.ly/CheltenhamMansfield" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
Just seen the line up. I'm hopefully, but far from convinced we're going to get anything. Looks like it could be 3-5-2 but Mullins is only on the bench, looks like Broom at RB, and Barnett's not starting. Nige is also only on the bench today.

Tozer starts, presumably at the back, and is captain! If he is playing in midfield then I guess it's 4-4-2, or he could be in midfield with Forster and Boyle CB's and Broom at RB.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I can only imagine Mullins is not 100%.

Interesting to see Tozer as captain. As I alluded to in a different thread, he took Yeovil and Newport by the scruff in the past so hopefully he does the same for us.
Nesty
a start for Thomas
Nesty
1-0 down already - come on guys !
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nesty wrote:1-0 down already - come on guys !
Fecking hell.

Edit: Yes Ben! Drag us out of it. Another of Gary’s signings reluctantly brought back into the side by Duff doing the business.
Nesty
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Ben makes it 1-1
Nesty
2-1 Boyle , get in there you beauty
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
And Tozer with the assist for William Sam Douglas Harry Boyle to do the business!

Two characters combining, just what we need!

People will be calling for Big Ben to start up front at this rate :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
And so it became 9 games.

Now we ship goals under Duff, Danny Kedwell must be looking forward to next weekend; he scored the winner for a Ebbsfleet today.
Ihearye
Ok points dropped but that was so much more like a team! Everyone put in a good shift. Have been his critic in past but for me Forster MotM. Won't be going down if that is maintained
Ihearye
Only slight doubt is Boyle. Still not convinced. Effort is there but lapses
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:Ok points dropped but that was so much more like a team! Everyone put in a good shift. Have been his critic in past but for me Forster MotM. Won't be going down if that is maintained
Assuming it translates into victories. Starting to enter ‘draw not enough’ territory now.

Good to hear positive review for Forster now he is back in proper position. That’s what we missed last season with his injury.
Ihearye
I hear what you are saying about draws, howevr, if it is a stepping stone, as you say, I will take today's performance
Alf
We played well today and deserved three points. The pass for their second goal was going straight on our defenders head and he was pushed in the back and missed the ball. It’s stuff like that that happens when things are not going for you. It was something to build on today, a much more organised and competent display.
Robin
We looked like a top half team team, in fact we just looked like a well organised and effective team. Yes we could do with a bit more quality but not one player did badly (even Clements, Mooney etc. who I had reservations on when I saw the line up). Very disappointed not to win against a decent Mansfield team who are probably second only to Lincoln of the teams we've played so far.

I'm gutted Duff has yet to get a win but today was easily the best we've played under him and if we replicate that we will soon pull away from a relegation scrap.
Alf
Robin wrote:We looked like a top half team team, in fact we just looked like a well organised and effective team. Yes we could do with a bit more quality but not one player did badly (even Clements, Mooney etc. who I had reservations on when I saw the line up). Very disappointed not to win against a decent Mansfield team who are probably second only to Lincoln of the teams we've played so far.

I'm gutted Duff has yet to get a win but today was easily the best we've played under him and if we replicate that we will soon pull away from a relegation scrap.
Agree absolutely.
Ihearye
Robin wrote:We looked like a top half team team, in fact we just looked like a well organised and effective team. Yes we could do with a bit more quality but not one player did badly (even Clements, Mooney etc. who I had reservations on when I saw the line up). Very disappointed not to win against a decent Mansfield team who are probably second only to Lincoln of the teams we've played so far.

can't argue with that apart from saying Boyle is far from the finished article. Think when all fit, he will be on bench if playing 3-5-2
Benctfc
Couldn't make it today but I probably would have taken a point pre match when you look at the two form of the sides going into the match. Obviously conceding late on puts a different slant on it. Glad we have gone to a 5-3-2 which imo suits our players better than a 4-4-2 as we don't have natural wingers.

Worth remembering we are only around a third of the way through the season still plenty of time to turn things around we just need to keep ticking away through to January where hopefully a few new faces will add some impetus. Yes we have been poor this season but talk of relegation this early just adds pressure around the club and negativity far too early to be going into meltdown I have faith Duff can turn this around.
horlickfanclub
Agree with Robin.
Gabriel
Having gone along as a neutral today, thought I'd share my write up...

6 Things: http://www.thefootballab.co.uk/2018/che ... ves-stags/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ratings: http://www.thefootballab.co.uk/2018/che ... ees-shine/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Keep playing like that and I'm sure you guys will stay up - although in a more general sense it looks like there's a big re-building job ahead.

Really enjoyed my visit, was great to chat to everyone in the bar beforehand so thanks for being so welcoming. Fingers crossed for the rest of the season.