People say our ticket office opening hours are bad...

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Well FGR have closed their office and reception at TNL full-stop!

Tickets now ordered via a hotline to Ecotricity offices.
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Well FGR have closed their office and reception at TNL full-stop!

The new system makes a lot of good sense.
Supporters can contact hotline for about 12 hours a day rather than a few hours a week at FGR reception.
They can collect tickets from a convenient location in Stroud rather than drive to top of hill above Nailsworth.
I'll agree that there are teething problems but I'm sure that will be sorted in near future.
It is a massive step in the right direction.
andgarod
/quote]

It is a massive step in the right direction.[/quote]

I assume you mean a step towards stroud and there was me thinking you were a nailsworth team!
Artemis
Further evidence, if it were needed, that FGR are no more than Egotricity sports club...
Buying their way to success whilst decent hard working Egotricity employees are laid off to fund the folly.
Lord Elpuz
The Old TomCat wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Well FGR have closed their office and reception at TNL full-stop!

Supporters can contact hotline for about 12 hours a day rather than a few hours a week at FGR reception.
They can collect tickets from a convenient location in Stroud rather than drive to top of hill above Nailsworth.
I'll agree that there are teething problems but I'm sure that will be sorted in near future.
Indications of the need to curb expenditure ahead of the publication of the next set of Ecotricity & FGR accounts? True picture on its way? FGR Forum subscribers believe they will make a marquee striker signing in January 2019 to replace Doidge. Let’s see, shall we? Has the gravy train sprung a jolly big leak?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:

If supporter convenience was the aim then Vince would have opened a small ticket shop in the town centre in the retail area, not make fans go into a random company office block which is quite frankly odd.
Lord Elpuz
Spot on. Makes frightening reading for any FGR supporter of modest intelligence.
King giraffe iii
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:

If supporter convenience was the aim then Vince would have opened a small ticket shop in the town centre in the retail area, not make fans go into a random company office block which is quite frankly odd.
I don't see the problem. The location, I was told, is the Ecotricity 'shop' in the centre of Stroud. Probably more convenient for the majority of those who do collect tickets. You're making it sound like you're shimmying up to some anonymous office on Portland Street.
King giraffe iii
Lord Elpuz wrote:
Spot on. Makes frightening reading for any FGR supporter of modest intelligence.
What interests me more is what level the debt is at.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Save the excuses for the next VitalLincolnCity Q@A.
Ben3
If I may...

I am quite enjoying Gloucester City making a fist of things. New ground, presence on social media, it’s completely the right way to go about things. I look forward to renewing our rivalry with them in whatever league that may be

The FGR thing is sad to watch, but we can only watch. Unless clubs come under democratic control (as some do in German leagues) the price is watching inevitable train wrecks. This is a huge question in the premier league where money is everything, but apart from 20 (guess!) clubs it is a sensible model. Even the likes of Ipswich and Norwich who are ‘big’ lower league teams would, it can be argued, be better off under fan ownership. The obvious weakness with this is that unless ALL clubs do it people like Vince will win leagues whilst the others try to do something ethical and sustainable.

I believe ctfc could change the game by going all in for fan ownership. We’re a small club in a fashionable and wealthy town and could lead the way in this. With community involvement the club could generate all sorts of income, real and in kind, by getting the town to literally and metaphorically BUY IN. The limits of democratic control have to be at the manager (we cannot pick team democratically, but even this would be an interesting model!)
King giraffe iii
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Save the excuses for the next VitalLincolnCity Q@A.
Excuses? I'm not seeing any. I think you need to find a new obsession.
Si Robin
I agree - why is this in the CTFC chat. Who cares about where FGR fans buy their tickets?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ben3 wrote:If I may...

I am quite enjoying Gloucester City making a fist of things. New ground, presence on social media, it’s completely the right way to go about things. I look forward to renewing our rivalry with them in whatever league that may be

The FGR thing is sad to watch, but we can only watch. Unless clubs come under democratic control (as some do in German leagues) the price is watching inevitable train wrecks. This is a huge question in the premier league where money is everything, but apart from 20 (guess!) clubs it is a sensible model. Even the likes of Ipswich and Norwich who are ‘big’ lower league teams would, it can be argued, be better off under fan ownership. The obvious weakness with this is that unless ALL clubs do it people like Vince will win leagues whilst the others try to do something ethical and sustainable.

I believe ctfc could change the game by going all in for fan ownership. We’re a small club in a fashionable and wealthy town and could lead the way in this. With community involvement the club could generate all sorts of income, real and in kind, by getting the town to literally and metaphorically BUY IN. The limits of democratic control have to be at the manager (we cannot pick team democratically, but even this would be an interesting model!)
Ebbsfleet’s past trial for fans to pick team didn’t go well. I like the idea of community ownership otherwise.

We would still need a strong and dynamic Board of Directors though to make decisions - even the Board are elected annually, like how building societies like Nationwide operate.
Cheltenhamshire10
Ben3 wrote:If I may...

Myfootballclub did this I thought.
Didn't they vote on selling a player for $250k?

If I remember didn't work out as sometimes you need to make quick decisions.
Lord Elpuz
King giraffe iii wrote:
Lord Elpuz wrote:
It’s a very good question, and one that deserves a full and proper answer. But getting a proper answer could prove very difficult. Another good question would be to ask how much of the main Company profits are being used to prop up a football club? The real truth could be “eye watering”.
King giraffe iii
Lord Elpuz wrote:
King giraffe iii wrote:
Lord Elpuz wrote:
It’s a very good question, and one that deserves a full and proper answer. But getting a proper answer could prove very difficult. Another good question would be to ask how much of the main Company profits are being used to prop up a football club? The real truth could be “eye watering”.
Indeed. Two other huge things worry me at the moment...

1. What will happen if Dale Vince gets ill or worse? Football clubs all seem to operate without real succession plans. Gretna should be a warning.

2. This new stadium thing that I'm opposed to. Who will own the new facility? At present it's owned by Forest Green Rovers, not Ecotricity. That's a significant asset!
asl
King giraffe iii wrote:What will happen if Dale Vince gets ill or worse?
Does he even *have* a helicopter...?

Maybe too soon, but I'm already going to Hell, anyway...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ecotricity will surely own the new ground as part of the Eco Park.

Which makes sense for Ecotricity from a balance sheet point of view. Rather than just reporting millions of “marketing” spend etc to account for the subsidy of the loss making football club they will be able to include the stadium as a fixed asset making the accounts look a bit healthier at least.

Real danger is if Ecotricity take all the ticket, sponsorship, merchandise and catering revenue too and give back a lump sum to the club’s transfer kitty. If the new side does start attracting thousands more fans then whose to say Ecotricity won’t just keep the lump sum payments the same and pocket the difference?
Si Robin
Haven't they scrapped the Eco-Park idea?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Si Robin wrote:Haven't they scrapped the Eco-Park idea?
The full plan on both sides of the road were scrapped after the planned but I thought the revised plans with a smaller site and stadium had been approved. I may well be wrong.
Lord Elpuz
King giraffe iii wrote: Indeed. Two other huge things worry me at the moment...

1. What will happen if Dale Vince gets ill or worse? Football clubs all seem to operate without real succession plans. Gretna should be a warning.

2. This new stadium thing that I'm opposed to. Who will own the new facility? At present it's owned by Forest Green Rovers, not Ecotricity. That's a significant asset!
You’ll always be welcome at Johnny Rocks Stadium for your football fix, if (when) DV takes FGR under, Kgiii :)
King giraffe iii
Thanks, it's appreciated.

Nothing has been approved yet with regard to the new stadium. Latest is that a decision isn't envisioned before the new year. Hopefully it's not going through.
Lord Elpuz
King giraffe iii wrote:Thanks, it's appreciated.

Nothing has been approved yet with regard to the new stadium. Latest is that a decision isn't envisioned before the new year. Hopefully it's not going through.
Maybe the time is already coming for you to move on from FGR, Kgiii?

I noticed you got ‘attacked’ by one of their Propaganda machines “Lady Magpie” on the FGR Forum, for you merely pointing out that Cheltenham had done rather better than FGR against Arsenal under 23s. “Lady Magpie” refused to accept it was the same Arsenal side that Cheltenham put to the sword, when in fact 15 of the Arsenal squad who faced Cheltenham, were in the squad to play FGR. Only 3 players who faced FGR weren’t in their squad of 18 against CTFC. Granted, the Robins played against 10 men for 83+ minutes, but it’s not unheard of that 10 can beat 11. “Lady Magpie” did you a disservice for simply pointing out a fact, and she lied in order to maintain the fake aura that is the new Forest Green Rovers. How on Earth she can call herself “Magpie”, implying the traditional black and white of FGR and then maintain her propaganda for the insipid green of Fake Green Rovers, is beyond comprehension, unless the connotation is to do with ‘thieving’ of a once proud football club?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Lord Elpuz wrote:

I noticed you got ‘attacked’ by one of their Propaganda machines “Lady Magpie” on the FGR Forum, for you merely pointing out that Cheltenham had done rather better than FGR against Arsenal under 23s. “Lady Magpie” refused to accept it was the same Arsenal side that Cheltenham put to the sword, when in fact 15 of the Arsenal squad who faced Cheltenham, were in the squad to play FGR. Only 3 players who faced FGR weren’t in their squad of 18 against CTFC. Granted, the Robins played against 10 men for 83+ minutes, but it’s not unheard of that 10 can beat 11. “Lady Magpie” did you a disservice for simply pointing out a fact, and she lied in order to maintain the fake aura that is the new Forest Green Rovers. How on Earth she can call herself “Magpie”, implying the traditional black and white of FGR and then maintain her propaganda for the insipid green of Fake Green Rovers, is beyond comprehension, unless the connotation is to do with ‘thieving’ of a once proud football club?
KGIII was also criticised for his pre-match piece for the Vital Lincoln City website. He was criticised by OTC and the nauseating sycophant (or fake propaganda bot?) NewForestRover for giving an honest opinion and not being positive enough about FGR. In fact, OTC’s attacks were so vitriolic that he, for once, felt the need to self-censor and retrospectively deleted at least half a dozen of his own posts.
Ihearye
Out of interest, do they charge a £2 handling fee on a £7 ticket ? Nice 28.6% hike
King giraffe iii
Lord Elpuz wrote:

Ha ha, for better of worse FGR is in my family DNA. My uncle used to play back in the 1970s and took me to my first game at The Lawn.

Thanks for the clarification on the Arsenal team. I wouldn't take Lady Magpie too seriously. She gets very upset if you see the world in a different way to her. I think it's what living in isolation does to the human mind after a while. I don't recall seeing her at a match in years. Proxy fan at best these days and I think that upsets her.

I'm not sure what was wrong with OTC. I could be wrong, but I think he was trying to be ironic. He didn't need to delete his posts though as I was amused by them.

Ah, New Forest Rover. Last time I wrote about her on here she apparently became very upset. I'm sure she is very nice when she's not defending racism.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
From StadiumMgr (Vince’s son?) on the Ecotricity FC Forum:

“And closing reception was in part done, so that we can better support the ticket hotline: and thus give us much more capacity to answer calls then we ever had with just one line/two people at FGR. I can appreciate the hotline isn’t brilliant yet, but we are working to improve the answer rates and also the knowledge of those who answer the phones.”

Does this mean one can buy a ticket and give a meter reading in the same call??
Ralph
Or they can refuse to sell you tickets if you are behind on electricity payments. Or ask if you want a smart meter as well as the ticket. What a screw up. RIP FGR
Ihearye
TBF I get what they say with improve the knowledge bit. You would think people just call to ask about ticket availability etc. But we know of one vvanker who shall not be named, who phones up the office to ask about relationships between PB and FGR, DV and CTFC etc etc. Now that will need a training programme in place
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:TBF I get what they say with improve the knowledge bit. You would think people just call to ask about ticket availability etc. But we know of one vvanker who shall not be named, who phones up the office to ask about relationships between PB and FGR, DV and CTFC etc etc. Now that will need a training programme in place
:lol: :lol:

No wonder people couldn’t get through on the phones before if the moron OTC was hounding with inane questions all day!
The Old TomCat
No wonder people couldn’t get through on the phones before if the moron OTC was hounding with inane questions all day!

Sour grapes RCS, just sour grapes from you.
I may well be a moron but the GOTCHA thread showed that I am twice as clever and smart as you could ever be.
I have never contacted the FGR call centre for them to confirm if Dale Vince has ever offered to invest in Cheltenham Town FC. I doubt if they would know. I had the smart savvy to contact former Cheltenham Town FC chairman for him to confirm that Mr Vince and CTFC had never entered such negotiations.

BTW I’m bemused that a FGR themed thread is in on a Cheltenham forum, and not only on a Cheltenham forum but under the CTFC Chat Only index link.
But then I read it was started by you which says it all.
You have an unhealthy obsession with FGR but fortunately I now have your measure and can correct any dastardly misinformation that you put out.

Have a good day. :lol:
Si Robin
Whilst I see no need for the thread - the description of this section of the forum states clearly:

"Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 2, ex players & Managers"

Last time I looked FGR were in League 2 so it clearly falls under that banner.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
I have never contacted the FGR call centre for them to confirm if Dale Vince has ever offered to invest in Cheltenham Town FC. I doubt if they would know.
You rotten little liar:

You have previously stated “The post on this thread Robin said that DV once tried to buy CTFC. I’ve never heard that said before and phoned the office for confirmation or not. Seems nobody at TNL knows anything of the sort.”

http://www.robinsnestforum.co.uk/viewto ... =2&t=25503" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;