The Chase

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Nesty
Question tonight

Which football club were promoted to the football league for the first time in 2017

Cheltenham Town
Gloucester City
FGR
Nesty
The contestant went for us
Paul Sinha hadn't a clue but went for FGR because "they were the better known "
Cheeky twat
Malabus
I bet the whole Alderton heard your horrific screams of despair.
Shade
Who's Paul Sinha?
Nesty
The Chaser
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
A good friend of mine in NYC won a three way share of $115,000 in the first series of the Chase USA not long after moving back to the US. A few years watching it on TV in London meant she knew what to expect much more than the Americans did which probably helped.

But back to the OP - of course FGR are more known. They make national and international news a few times a year.

Cheltenham Town were a pointless answer on Pointless a few years ago when the question was “Premier League and Football League teams beginning with C”.

The fact it was pointless and that the contestants didn’t know us shows how unknown we are.
Malabus
Well I’m just listening to a podcast about Krampus by a couple of yanks and one of them just said Balvaria is on the German/Australian border!
Sorry about going off topic but I felt the need to tell.
Nesty
the other day on Tipping Point someone was asked the name of the canal that goes from London to Birmingham ......... Suez !!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nesty wrote:the other day on Tipping Point someone was asked the name of the canal that goes from London to Birmingham ......... Suez !!
Another one who shouldn’t be allowed to vote.
Ihearye
Malabus wrote:Well I’m just listening to a podcast about Krampus by a couple of yanks and one of them just said Balvaria is on the German/Australian border!
Sorry about going off topic but I felt the need to tell.
More off topic. I was skiing in New England a couple of years back and the local bar had a quiz every night after skiing. It was 99% populated by Americans. Needless to say, any question which involved an answer outside of the USA (or indeed sometimes inside the USA), saw me pick up the prize of free pint, T shirts, key rings etc , the usual brewery hand outs. It came to the stage where they stopped taking my answers. This is not to highlight not my sublime intelligence (which is obvious, the Russell group does a good job), but the lack of, by a great deal of what would have been middle class, educated, USA
Johnsons Red Army
Americans are so wrapped up in themselves it is no surprise that they no little else except about themselves.

Source: 10 years experience living there.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Agreed. Having never lived in America I only personally know those who have lived or studied in London. Had a few very good quiz team members!
Johnsons Red Army
Johnsons Red Army wrote:Americans are so wrapped up in themselves it is no surprise that they know little else except about themselves.

Source: 10 years experience living there.
How amateur :oops: !
asl
My brother drove trucks all across North America for about a decade (based out of Edmonton, I think.) He swears the general intelligence level is lower than in North Africa (where he's also done many years of driving) - but North Africans have the excuse of relative poverty, poor education systems, etc. This from a guy who left school with a single CSE pass (in woodwork.)
Shade
It's quite plain to see on social media, the amount of retarded posts lacking any kind of common sense regarding their president. Most of them just believe whichever TV news channel they have chosen and run with whatever they say, believing it as fact, when we all know that they're propaganda machines, especially in the US.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:It's quite plain to see on social media, the amount of retarded posts lacking any kind of common sense regarding their president. Most of them just believe whichever TV news channel they have chosen and run with whatever they say, believing it as fact, when we all know that they're propaganda machines, especially in the US.
Starting to get more like that here too.
kora
I came across an American who thought Paris France, as he insisted on calling it, was named after Paris Texas. I didn't have the energy to explain it to him.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
kora wrote:I came across an American who thought Paris France, as he insisted on calling it, was named after Paris Texas. I didn't have the energy to explain it to him.
He probably thinks the earth is flat and FGR are a sustainable community football club too.