Subs

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
According to the BBC website, we have only named six subs, while Ebbsfleet have named seven. Are we short of fit, eligible players?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:According to the BBC website, we have only named six subs, while Ebbsfleet have named seven. Are we short of fit, eligible players?
Boyle ill. Dawson injured. Long injured.

Jones suspended or frozen out?

No one else fit or available. Despite the ‘bloated’ squad.
Andy
I expect the squad of 18 was named and told yesterday - releasing all others (whether eligible, frozen out, suspended, injured or whatever) to do what they want for the weekend - possibly with the squad travelling first thing this morning or last night this didn't give time to call someone in when Boyle called in ill.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Mullins off injured. Replaced by Barnett.

So switching to a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 I assume.

Could be a blessing if it yields goals.

Who else is there who could have been on the bench?
Shade
Alcock was supposed to be the other sub but has been allowed to leave the squad as his partner is in labour.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Alcock was supposed to be the other sub but has been allowed to leave the squad as his partner is in labour.
I know Corbyn’s leadership is a shambles but that’s no excuse.
horlickfanclub
Jones is suspended Regency. Keep up at the back of the class please.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:Jones is suspended Regency. Keep up at the back of the class please.
Hence me asking suspended or frozen out - I wasn’t sure if the Checkatrade counted or not. Valid question so pipe down with the comments. JP’s prematch bit on the live updates page said “Jones served the last of his three games ban” - so wasn’t clear whether a typo of ‘serves’ or saying he had previously served it, again, hence me asking the simple question.
Shade
Checkatrade doesn't count towards a ban, but players still can't play in it if they're banned from League games...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Checkatrade doesn't count towards a ban, but players still can't play in it if they're banned from League games...
Ah yes, the Storer Rule, as it were.