Another change to backroom staff

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Details here: http://bit.ly/BackroomCTFC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Si Robin
All the very best Downesy – was a steady head and a fantastic leader of the Champions.

Was a top bloke as well – my wife still hasn’t got over him delivering her flowers when my twins were born.
solihullkev
I was very sorry to read this news and agree with all Si Robin has observed. To bring those 10 other guys (plus the rest of the squad) who all made their debuts at Lincoln in August 2015 together and make such a powerful team that steamrollered the league when the odds were against us was a great achievement.

Wish Downsey nothing but the best. Don't underestimate what he did for us and without that we really could be looking up to Gloucester City now.
Robin
I hinted at this a while back and understand Downes and Milton did not necessarily see eye to eye professionally. Sad to see him leave as he was a great asset in many ways.
Shade
My mum's gonna be gutted.

I'd be amazed if he isn't on his way back to Torquay. I'm surprised it's taken this long.
Ben3
Good luck to Downsey, top bloke

I am delighted that Duff is working through the club in a methodical way. He's had a look and he is making things better. I wonder what the January window will bring?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Thanks for the good times Downesy.

Echoing the sentiments above, the Champions will never forgotten, and with Downes at the back the dream was achieved.

Shame the partnership with Pars was comically hapless in L2 and credit for being professional enough to recognise that and wanting to stay on to coach at the club.

All the best - as stated above probably at Torquay for this season’s promotion, albeit working the staff room not the dressing room.

Hopefully Duff will have more of his preferred staff in place come the start of next season’s League Two campaign.
longmover
never really understood what his role at the club was when he stopped playing? had a very 'jobs for the boys' vibe to it, Johnson making sure he had 'his people' around him when things were turning sour.

Duff has been use to the best treatment from backroom staff and although he's under no illusion that league two will be like for like he wants better, I expect more changes on the cards.