Yeovil

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Nesty
in free fall, another defeat puts them 5 points below us from a game more.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
If they don’t sack Way before it’s too late they are down. Fry doesn’t seem to care though and his support for Way (should have been sacked long ago) suggests he is happy to take the club down rather than invest in making the ground and club League standard.

Sacking Way would make reading the #ytfc Twitter posts after each of their defeats less enjoyable which is another reason why keeping him in charge is best for every other L2 supporter.
Artemis
I can see Notts getting out of the mire, and Yeovil sinking instead.
Morecambe to go with them.
Si Robin
As long as Jim Bentley's in charge, Morecambe will be safe.
Shade
I definitely think it will be 2 of the current bottom 5 that will be going. I think Yeovil and Vale at the moment. Vale can't score.
Robin
Yep I wouldn't bet on Morecambe they have the experience and with Bently there I'd say they will be safe. I'd go with Yeovil and Notts County at this point but wouldn't rule out Port Vale as a longer shot given momentum is against them.
bigdavejambo
Yeovil and Morecambe will go.
kora
Morecambe are the great survivors, but then so were Barnet. I fancy Yeovil and Port Vale or Macclesfield. 3 trips I wouldn't miss.
MittonRobin
Don't Rule us out either ! We got away with it against a very poor Yeovil side in what I agree was a massive game. However there is still a long way to go and on Saturdays Showings ( I went and watched the Game ) it does not look like we have a great deal of fight in us.
Johnsons Red Army
MittonRobin wrote:Don't Rule us out either ! We got away with it against a very poor Yeovil side in what I agree was a massive game. However there is still a long way to go and on Saturdays Showings ( I went and watched the Game ) it does not look like we have a great deal of fight in us.
https://www.oddschecker.com/football/en ... relegation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's clearly money for you to be made then, based on your assessment. 20/1. Get on!
Fuller
I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of twists and turns at the wrong end if the table before the end of the season.
I would count anyone in or out. Including us.
Robin
kora wrote:Morecambe are the great survivors, but then so were Barnet. I fancy Yeovil and Port Vale or Macclesfield. 3 trips I wouldn't miss.
Agree although Port Vale isn't too far Yeovil is a horrible away day and so is Macclesfield. The only downside to that is you'd imagine both Yeovil and Macc operate on smaller budgets than ours so it becomes harder for us to progress upwards in that case.
asl
Macc is the one place I know my Mrs won't turn down a trip to. Right on the edge of the Peak District.
Robin
MittonRobin wrote:Don't Rule us out either ! We got away with it against a very poor Yeovil side in what I agree was a massive game. However there is still a long way to go and on Saturdays Showings ( I went and watched the Game ) it does not look like we have a great deal of fight in us.
I don't think anyone is completely ruling us out but it would take a collapse in form to see us relegated.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:Macc is the one place I know my Mrs won't turn down a trip to. Right on the edge of the Peak District.
Been to the Silk museum in Macc?
Shade
The next 3 games will determine whether we'll be "in it" or not I think. Grimsby away I'm not banking on any points given their current form and having Wes Thomas and Kristian Dennis up front now, but they are Grimsby and our bitches so you never know.

Cambridge and Port Vale - we get 6 points from those two and I can't see us going down. We'd really only need another 6 points to be certain then, I think.
bigdavejambo
Yeovil next 5 games - Cambridge, Morecambe, Lincoln, Port Vale and Macc at least 10 points needed or they are gone.
Ihearye
let us be realistic here. This is a CTFC team that imho did not deserve to beat Yeovil at home and are two losses away from the bottom two! Anyone that can rule us out is mad. Don't care what the bookies say. Their book is made up on bets being placed, not on a likely result
Robin
Nobody has ruled us out, but surely you can see relegation is unlikely - rather than likely.
Ihearye
Robin wrote:Nobody has ruled us out, but surely you can see relegation is unlikely - rather than likely.
not roo sure Robin, but think you declared us safe?
Artemis
CTFC relegation - possible, but not at this point, probable. That could all change.
Robin
Ihearye wrote:
Robin wrote:Nobody has ruled us out, but surely you can see relegation is unlikely - rather than likely.
not roo sure Robin, but think you declared us safe?

I don't think so, I said it would take a collapse in overall form to go down (last week radio said our form under Duff overall is mid-table) that's different.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Here is the form table for the last 26 games.

Yeovil WAY adrift of everyone else:

http://www.ciderspace.co.uk/ASP/statist ... rmGames=26" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think Duff has been in charge for 25 games.
THECHOIRBOY
Worryingly Cambridge have an away record as bad as ours. Surprisingly Port Vale have a really good record away from home.

Tuesday definitely a big game to keep the points ticking
Robin
Three wins and a couple of draws would very likely keep us up.
Nesty
amazing that Yeovil on current form are so many points shy of the next worst team
Robin
Win Tuesday and we can go back to 17th and people talking about mid-table again.
Shade
Robin wrote:Win Tuesday and we can go back to 17th and people talking about mid-table again.
Who was talking about mid-table other than you? :P Just because we beat a couple of c!#p teams who had men sent off didn't ever make us look like a mid-table team.
Robin
It wasn't me Shade, I think I talked with optimism on finishing higher than last seasons disappointing 17th place (which is still possible in fairness). Think there were some on here talking about play offs/mid-table though.