Stalinist scenes at Forest Green

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Check out this horrific report of fan mistreatment at TNL by the authoritarian regime.

http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=103592" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pasted below in case the stasi in charge of their forum delete it:
I've been refused entry and thrown out.

By king giraffe III » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:23 pm

I've been watching FGR since 1987. Today the club has lost me forever because of an email I do not have on my phone. No steward or member of the police was prepared to accompany me to the ticket office and demonstrate proof that my ticket is an adult's. And they wonder why I raised my voice. No email, you can't come on in.

I've got a split lip despite not throwing a punch or anything at a steward. They are legally entitled to do this to me. One steward also tried to bend back my finger in an attempt to snap it. I'm supposed to have racially absused a steward which is ironic considering my St Pauli hoodie. I admit to calling him a fascist because that is the method of his actions. Apparently I'm also going to be banned, which no longer affects me, for dragging my feet when being thrown out of the ground by these orange jacketed thugs.

Forest Green Rovers is no longer the club I started watching. It's policed by thugs. That's me done on here and with FGR. I don't wish the name of FGR ill but regardless of anything else I'm done. I've no desire to return.
longmover
KG you'll be more than welcome at WR, treated like a 'proper' football fan by a 'proper' football club.
Robin
Crazy things up at the Franchise, Giraffe is a true fan too unlike Old Turn Cloak, he'll be more than welcome here next season.
Ihearye
That is really hard to believe (no I don't doubt one word of it).

Have turned up to the CF a couple of times this year, to find I had forgotten to bring my ticket. Was asked " do you know what the seat number is", which was easy as am a ST, so an affirmative answer, was met with a ' thats ok then'

Different club, different people, different attitude
Horteng
RCS you are obsessed with FGR

Give it a rest
Jerry St Clair
So, in summary:

- FGR launch e-tickets so you can get to games by scanning them at the turnstile
- Except the tickets don't show whether the ticket is an adult or concession
- A small number of FGR fans are suspected of taking advantage of this and gaining entry as concessions.
- Club gets wind and cracks down on this by demanding fans show the email receipt for the ticket which does show whether it is a concession or not.
- Fans who can't prove what type of ticket they have are treated as above.

The fault is the clubs for deploying a poor ticketing system, but their solution is to create a hostile environment for their own supporters. Surely, if nothing else, the cost of stewarding effort put into this far outweighs any loss of income from supporters getting in on cheap tickets? Just astonishing behaviour.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Horteng wrote:RCS you are obsessed with FGR

Give it a rest
F*ck off.
Hubert Parry
Horteng wrote:RCS you are obsessed with FGR

Give it a rest
You appear to be obsessed with RCS.
Ben3
I’m sorry to hear about KGiii’s experience but as for the general theme I’ll post this in other ‘shocking developments’.

‘Brexit turns out to be a bit of a mess’
‘Night follows day’
‘FGR run the club as a complete shower’

Anyone who’s ever been there could tell you what to expect I’m afraid
Shade
Ihearye wrote:That is really hard to believe (no I don't doubt one word of it).

Have turned up to the CF a couple of times this year, to find I had forgotten to bring my ticket. Was asked " do you know what the seat number is", which was easy as am a ST, so an affirmative answer, was met with a ' thats ok then'

Different club, different people, different attitude
Similar. I once forgot/lost my ticket and the steward took my name and seat number, checked and I was let in. It's not difficult to do if you're willing.
Nesty
hope FGR get promoted, then they will go in "other football" - or can we please create an FGR thread
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nesty wrote:hope FGR get promoted, then they will go in "other football" - or can we please create an FGR thread
They would go in Other Footy. And the number of threads depends on the number of incidents. Don’t view these threads as about ‘FGR’ but as threads about ‘incidents’ which happens to be occurring at FGR. We may have threads about 100 incidents a season - this season FGR have been responsible for a lot of them but next season who knows, if might be another club which creates so many forum-worthy incidents to post about and which may be on Other Footy or CTFC section depending on the club and which league they play in.
Ben3
Nesty please stick to topic or open another thread :shock:

Maybe we need these threads as sticky’s at the top:

FGR
OPEN ANOTHER THREAD
SQUAD LISTS

Anything else can go into one meaga-thread (thatbwill receive barely any traffic)
Lord Elpuz
RCS is right to raise this on our “RNF CTFC Chat” especially as it shows the difference in professionalism between the two League Clubs from Gloucestershire. I have seen, for example many occasions where friends who’ve forgotten their season ticket at Cheltenham have made a quick visit to see our excellent ticket office staff, which immediately rectifies the situation. This is about treatment of the real fans, those who turn up week in and week out, through all weathers, over many seasons, and their patronage is worth nothing at Forest Green who are clearly so desperate now for cash that they assume everyone is on some form of fiddle, with no benefit of the doubt given to their most loyal fans. Appalling. Yes, this is absolutely valid on our Forum as we can welcome with open arms people such as KGiii to Whaddon Road where they will be given a warm welcome, full respect and treated like human beings. I shall look forward to welcoming KGiii to Whaddon Road on Good Friday.
asl
Lots of discontent on that thread...
20 years and counting wrote:Dale we appreciate that you saved the club from liquidation. But the time has come to leave. I no longer want to be part of a marketing ploy. Give the club back to the community.
Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Ralph
asl wrote:Lots of discontent on that thread...
20 years and counting wrote:Dale we appreciate that you saved the club from liquidation. But the time has come to leave. I no longer want to be part of a marketing ploy. Give the club back to the community.
And when he leaves as he will, the club will fall into oblivion and die... Maybe some are finally realizing that it's just one big marketing item for Ecotricity
Nesty
Ben3 wrote:Nesty please stick to topic or open another thread :shock:

FGR
OPEN ANOTHER THREAD
SQUAD LISTS

Anything else can go into one meaga-thread (thatbwill receive barely any traffic)
I just got a tad p*d off that threads about FFG and Torquay outposted ones about our game at Lincoln.......
Horteng
Nesty wrote:

FGR
OPEN ANOTHER THREAD
SQUAD LISTS

I just got a tad p*d off that threads about FFG and Torquay outposted ones about our game at Lincoln.......
My thoughts exactly nesty.

I log onto the Chelt forum to read about Chelt not FGR every other thread.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Horteng wrote:
Nesty wrote:

FGR
OPEN ANOTHER THREAD
SQUAD LISTS

My thoughts exactly nesty.

I log onto the Chelt forum to read about Chelt not FGR every other thread.
If you ignore the threads they will make you less angry. Not hard is it.
King giraffe iii
longmover wrote:KG you'll be more than welcome at WR, treated like a 'proper' football fan by a 'proper' football club.
Thank you and others for your kind words and offers. I don't see myself watching any other club on a regular basis simply because FGR is in my blood. I had a relative who played for the club in the distant past and I lived in Forest Green for 27 years. I'm not someone who can change allegiance just like that. Besides, I may get to some away games when money allows. Thanks though! ;)
Ralph
King giraffe iii wrote:
longmover wrote:KG you'll be more than welcome at WR, treated like a 'proper' football fan by a 'proper' football club.
I don't see myself watching any other club on a regular basis simply because FGR is in my blood. I'm not someone who can change allegiance just like that.
That never stopped "NewForestRover" and "OldTurnCoat" and probably a few more :lol:
Lord Elpuz
King giraffe iii wrote:
Thank you and others for your kind words and offers. I don't see myself watching any other club on a regular basis simply because FGR is in my blood. I had a relative who played for the club in the distant past and I lived in Forest Green for 27 years. I'm not someone who can change allegiance just like that. Besides, I may get to some away games when money allows. Thanks though! ;)
You are a proper fan Kgiii, we totally get that. We are just sorry you have been treated like a criminal at your home club. But the offer remains for you to be welcomed at Cheltenham Town FC, when FGR go out of business in due course. They are destined to go the same way as Rushden & Diamonds. The fact that FGR are hounding their fans for every last penny now, shows that cash flow is a big concern to them. Those stewards were not acting on their own initiative, they were clearly under strict orders. Their wages probably depended on it.
SHANDY VOR
Have only ever met KG once, during which time he insulted me, however I have never held that against him and respected him as a true fan of his club.

I have no reason to think he is lying but if the events happened as he describes then this is an outrage.

I remember when we shared your ground their were a few who felt your stewards were heavy handed but I tended to get on well with most and used to exchange banter with Andy head steward. But you always knew there was a line - I thought they were pretty well 'trained' - and they appreciated watching a bit of entertaining football instead of the usual dross that was being served up for them.
Lord Elpuz
SHANDY VOR wrote:Have only ever met KG once, during which time he insulted me, however I have never held that against him and respected him as a true fan of his club.

I have no reason to think he is lying but if the events happened as he describes then this is an outrage.

I remember when we shared your ground their were a few who felt your stewards were heavy handed but I tended to get on well with most and used to exchange banter with Andy head steward. But you always knew there was a line - I thought they were pretty well 'trained' - and they appreciated watching a bit of entertaining football instead of the usual dross that was being served up for them.
To be fair that was probably correct at the time, but as CTFC is now heading very strongly in the right direction, one has to enquire what has gone further awry for our former rent boys?
King giraffe iii
I invite everyone to read the FGR statement about what occurred! I would be upset if it wasn't so funny. One, I apparently only had a photograph of my e-ticket. Total nonsense. The stewards were shown the original. Two, I apparently threw a punch at a steward but missed. I would love to see the CCTV footage of this. Three I apparently refused the steward's offer for them to check my ticket was valid. I was annoyed precisely because this is what they didn't offer! Why would I reject it? If it was said, who was it said to?

This statement really has amused me and frustrated me in equal measure. We are at the point now of letter writing and going further. Tells me all I need to know.
Ihearye
King giraffe iii wrote:I invite everyone to read the FGR statement about what occurred! I would be upset if it wasn't so funny. One, I apparently only had a photograph of my e-ticket. Total nonsense. The stewards were shown the original. Two, I apparently threw a punch at a steward but missed. I would love to see the CCTV footage of this. Three I apparently refused the steward's offer for them to check my ticket was valid. I was annoyed precisely because this is what they didn't offer! Why would I reject it? If it was said, who was it said to?

This statement really has amused me and frustrated me in equal measure. We are at the point now of letter writing and going further. Tells me all I need to know.
I would think even a half decent lawyer would have a field day with those published allegations. If as you say, are not true
asl
http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=103682" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wow. I agree with ihearye (shock, horror) - if the official statement is incorrect, I think you have every right to demand audience in the opportunity to view the CCTV and present your side of the story. What's the betting the CCTV mysteriously becomes unavailable before you get chance to do so...?

Lord Elpuz
King giraffe iii wrote:I invite everyone to read the FGR statement about what occurred! I would be upset if it wasn't so funny. One, I apparently only had a photograph of my e-ticket. Total nonsense. The stewards were shown the original. Two, I apparently threw a punch at a steward but missed. I would love to see the CCTV footage of this. Three I apparently refused the steward's offer for them to check my ticket was valid. I was annoyed precisely because this is what they didn't offer! Why would I reject it? If it was said, who was it said to?

I genuinely feel for you Kgiii, as you have always come on this Forum with most sensible and well-reasoned comments, never looking to cause trouble and behaved in an exemplary manner befitting a long-time fan of lower and non-league football, where we are all known for not being trouble makers. I have absolutely no reason to doubt your word, but it doesn’t matter a jot what I think ... because ... anyone who has read the comments of actual eye witnesses to the incident, verbally recorded on the FGR Forum - and if they back you in person, Kgiii, then the statement by the FGR club (or more precisely the person who filed the report) is libellous and you have grounds to take this matter to court. You need to do screenshots of the FGR Forum, because knowing that lot, they will purge it.

Yes, it tells you what you need to know, Kgiii. Sadly, it tells us Cheltenham fans everything that we already knew - that the good, honest, loyal, long-standing fans of the old FGR are no longer welcome. They’ve had their club stolen from under their noses, just like MK Dons did to Wimbledon.
Ihearye
asl wrote:http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=103682

Wow. I agree with ihearye (shock, horror) - if the official statement is incorrect, I think you have every right to demand audience in the opportunity to view the CCTV and present your side of the story. What's the betting the CCTV mysteriously becomes unavailable before you get chance to do so...?

Steady on :lol:
Sprout Picker
Ihearye wrote:

I would think even a half decent lawyer would have a field day with those published allegations. If as you say, are not true
Agree. That 'official statement' sounds spurious at best.
Lord Elpuz
What’s the difference between the FGR statement on “The Fan Incident at the Macclesfield Game”, and complaints about their awful vegan cuisine:

One of them is

“A COMPLETE LACK OF PIES”
King giraffe iii
asl wrote:http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=103682

Thanks. The really hilarious thing is that this 'punch' occurred with a police woman and a police man right behind me. Now, what would happened if I had done this? I don't think I would have been merely ejected from the ground.

I won't say any more at present as I'm taking legal advice.
Ben3
None of us were there but we all know what FGR’s policy towards football is.

Or should I say, Dale Vince’s.

He’s a bully who bullies people in a bullying manner. All ctfc fans know what that is like. We turned up for a nice day out with our friends in the south of the county and he turned it into a bullying charade.

Beef between ctfc and FGR? Give over! It’s all him manufacturing his own anger-into reality.

I’m not surprised in the slightest kgiii got this treatment.

I would love someone to tell me how tall DV is? I’m going less that 5’4
Lord Elpuz
Some interesting additions from FGR supporters on the FGR Club statement on the matter have just come in, which make points about the varying standard of stewarding across TNL but also one of the FGR fans debunks the Official FCR statement that “every fan in all four stands had their tickets checked” by stating the following:

Re: Fan incident at Macclesfield game - club statement
Postby andyp » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:21 pm

... For what it’s worth I wasn’t asked by a steward to show my ticket on Saturday!
Lord Elpuz
Ben3 wrote:None of us were there but we all know what FGR’s policy towards football is.

Or should I say, Dale Vince’s.

He’s a bully who bullies people in a bullying manner. All ctfc fans know what that is like. We turned up for a nice day out with our friends in the south of the county and he turned it into a bullying charade.

Beef between ctfc and FGR? Give over! It’s all him manufacturing his own anger-into reality.

I’m not surprised in the slightest kgiii got this treatment.

I would love someone to tell me how tall DV is? I’m going less that 5’4
And another very interesting response by a FGR fan to the Official FGR Club Statement:

Re: Fan incident at Macclesfield game - club statement
Postby Eco-Exile » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:19 pm

I must say the Cheltenham fans were particularly poorly treated.