Forest Green - one last thread for 2019

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ben3
They’ve had a great season, unfortunately for them Carl Winchester is a red, he hates forest green :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
asl
Such a shame... El Glosico is a go for next season, at least.
Artemis
Carl Winchester - hahahahahaha. Hahahahahahaha. And once more, hahahahahaha

Congratulations to Tranmere; excellent performance. Norwood seemed to enjoy scoring.
Ben3
:lol: :lol: I wonder what Karl storer would have to say about this ;) ;)

Oh well, let’s see if Vince will bother another year in league two

FFG
Ralph
Tranmere were clearly the better side tonight
darreno
Why all the agg, he was a big reason why we stayed up in 2017 :shock:
ctfc-fan
Ha ha ha, see you next season FGR!! Love it!
Ben3
darreno wrote:
Why all the agg, he was a big reason why we stayed up in 2017 :shock:
Yeah and Judas looked after Jesus money reall good up until Passover week... :roll:
Hubert Parry
Mark cooper bitter as always, referring to the way that a "little club" has been treated. He really needs to be held to account for his moronic statements.
Ihearye
asl wrote:Such a shame... El Glosico is a go for next season, at least.
Should be a ban on using that term !

Looking forward to seeing those grey stars on the kit again next year.

maybe they could sign Greta Thunberg to do their media stuff. Like, who would have a go at a teenager with aspergers
Lord Elpuz
LoL I’d forgotten the greyed our stars - then remembered seeing this on Twitter about FGR doing greyed out pictures of their current and aspirational future managers:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DjlRuQzW4AA ... name=large

and OTC can’t even come on here to defend DV, Cooper, or the hapless (hopeless) Winchester :mrgreen:
Alf
To be fair I thought the two dismissals were poor decisions. I don’t think we would have been too happy about being on the receiving end of two red cards like that. However, Tranmere were the more ‘street wise’ team in both games.
Lord Elpuz
There does seem to be a lot of debate about the sendings off, even on the FGR Forum with some of the FGR fans saying Winchester impeded a Tranmere player that would have been through on goal, so he more than ‘took one for the team’. I didn’t see either game but tracked the narrative updates on BBC Sport & the correspondent had earlier warned that Winchester was on a knife edge and needed to be careful. He probably fell victim to the streetwise tactics of Tranmere. Cooper now wants to bring in 4 or 5 new players, it will be interesting to see whether he’s backed by the Chairman, but also who gets released. I don’t think Doidge will go for the money he was priced at when he went to Bolton.
horlickfanclub
I hope Tranmere go up. It saves a few miles for the team and travellers.
Ben3
Yes FGR will certainly win the league next year, they’ll buy four or five good players and the likes of us won’t be able to compete.

I just hope they waste their money on another of our also-rans like they did Winnie last year. Bingham is a great player I’ve heard, mr Vince...
paperboy
horlickfanclub wrote:I hope Tranmere go up. It saves a few miles for the team and travellers.
..I agree-my thoughts exactly.
King giraffe iii
Ben3 wrote:Yes FGR will certainly win the league next year, they’ll buy four or five good players and the likes of us won’t be able to compete.

I just hope they waste their money on another of our also-rans like they did Winnie last year. Bingham is a great player I’ve heard, mr Vince...
Tranmere deserved winners. Watching on TV it seemed that the red card was harsh.
ctfc-fan
Ben3 wrote:Yes FGR will certainly win the league next year, they’ll buy four or five good players and the likes of us won’t be able to compete.

Apart from Salford will also be splashing the cash.
drgm
King giraffe iii wrote:

Tranmere deserved winners. Watching on TV it seemed that the red card was harsh.
Did you get any resolution to your ticketing fiasco in the end? If you didn't you know you are more than welcome
at the Jonny Rocks
Lord Elpuz
FGR have released the following players:

Scott Laird
Lee Collins
Jordan Simpson
Tahvon Campbell
Gavin Gunning
Isaac Pearce
Haydn Hollis
Fabien Robert

‘Surprisingly’ they’ve retained Cooper’s son!

Rueben Reid transfer listed. Reece Brown offered new contract but expected to move on to higher things.
asl
Lord Elpuz wrote:Reece Brown offered new contract but expected to move on to higher things.
Us?
Lord Elpuz
asl wrote:
Lord Elpuz wrote:Reece Brown offered new contract but expected to move on to higher things.
Us?
No, not quite that high - we are recruiting better quality.
Ralph
I wouldn't take any of their players.
Lord Elpuz
I’m interested to see just how much more money their Chairman is prepared or able to pump in to keep that shop afloat. Letting that lot go means they will need replacements and if they are able to mount a successful assault on League 2 next season it means their wage bill will be even higher. Note too that the Doidge money was not forthcoming so there is already a big hole in their finances.
King giraffe iii
drgm wrote:
King giraffe iii wrote:

Did you get any resolution to your ticketing fiasco in the end? If you didn't you know you are more than welcome
at the Jonny Rocks
Sorry, only just seen this. I've been advised not to comment further in public on the issue until things are resolved one way or the other. Thanks though!
leohoenig
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D8FCL9_WkAI ... ame=medium" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The brew (it is genuine) has been commissioned by our friends at the Tranmere Rovers Trust with the money raised going into a fund to buy season tickets for disadvantaged kids
theidlerich
Brilliant - we should stocks crates of it in the bars on the first home game....
Shade
:lol:
Shade
https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/s ... ew-2942178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

5000 seats and, by the looks of the image, no room to expand...so much for Vince getting them to the Championship and picking up thousands of new fans from Bristol, Wales and the Midlands...

Fancy going to the trouble of building a brand new stadium, only for the capacity to be less than Whaddon Road.
Chris FGR
Shade wrote:https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/s ... ew-2942178

5000 seats and, by the looks of the image, no room to expand...so much for Vince getting them to the Championship and picking up thousands of new fans from Bristol, Wales and the Midlands...

Fancy going to the trouble of building a brand new stadium, only for the capacity to be less than Whaddon Road.
The bowl itself will be built to accommodate 10k (all seater) apparently with no structural changes. But to start with only 5k seats will be installed. Sensible imo as I can't see us selling out 5k every week anytime soon.

https://www.punchline-gloucester.com/ar ... r-approval" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ralph
RIP FGR or what is left of the rotting carcase of it anyway. Once they move, the name will change. I put a few quid on Ecotricity FC
Ben3
New name for them? Surely GreenDale

(Isn’t that where postman pat lived?)
Ihearye
1,700 parking spaces ?
a) who do they think are coming?
b) How green!
horlickfanclub
Who cares?
Si Robin
Planning permission for the new ground has been refused this evening by Stroud District Council - Vince has said he doesn’t know if he’ll appeal as he’s not sure he wants to waste a year doing it - could this be the beginning of the end?