We may have some signing news soon ?

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

everyman
Chairman & Manager back home,players contracts ended i wouldn`t be surprised to hear some news very soon.
Robin
Would be nice to get 2-3 permanent signings done this month but cannot imagine the chairman/manager being on holiday as a reason why we cannot announce signings as I thought Mickey Moore does most of this stuff.

I don't know how true it is but Stephen Dawson from Bury has been mentioned as a possible target for us.
Shade
Saw the manager in town a couple of hours ago. Looks fresh as a daisy...
asl
Shade wrote:Saw the manager in town a couple of hours ago. Looks fresh as a daisy...
...heading into Starbucks, was he...?
Nesty
Robin wrote:Would be nice to get 2-3 permanent signings done this month but cannot imagine the chairman/manager being on holiday as a reason why we cannot announce signings as I thought Mickey Moore does most of this stuff.

I don't know how true it is but Stephen Dawson from Bury has been mentioned as a possible target for us.
Get him signed on and his brother too
paperboy
Dawson senior clearly likes us ,but it would seem that his best days are behind him.

In the 2009–10 season, Manager Knill expected Dawson to emulate and improve on his second season at Bury.[46] However, in a 1–0 loss against Cheltenham Town on 12 September 2009, Dawson was at fault when he gave away the ball, leading opposition player Barry Hayles, who scored the winning and only goal for the side.

At the start of the 2017–18 season, Dawson was given the captaincy [161] and led the team in the opening game of the season, a 1–0 win over Walsall.[162] In a 1–0 loss against Sunderland in the first round of the League Cup, he tore a knee cartilage[163] and was afterwards declared unfit to play for five months.[164] Dawson has continued to suffer with injury problems and has played in only seven of Bury's 43 matches to date in 2018–19.[165]
Shade
asl wrote:
Shade wrote:Saw the manager in town a couple of hours ago. Looks fresh as a daisy...
...heading into Starbucks, was he...?
No, actually he was carrying a bunch of flowers whilst in deep discussion on his phone waiting for the lights to change by the Quadrangle! So, from that I can only deduce that he's got a player that wants to join but his Mrs isn't keen on coming to Gloucestershire, so MD was confirming to the player, on the phone, that the flowers he had bought her, in order to try and charm her, would go down well. :P
Ben3
Is Craig David coming back?

Oh, signing...