Forest Green - one last thread for 2019

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Mr Wendal
Si Robin wrote:Planning permission for the new ground has been refused this evening by Stroud District Council - Vince has said he doesn’t know if he’ll appeal as he’s not sure he wants to waste a year doing it - could this be the beginning of the end?
Hopefully
Ralph
Mr Wendal wrote:
Si Robin wrote:Planning permission for the new ground has been refused this evening by Stroud District Council - Vince has said he doesn’t know if he’ll appeal as he’s not sure he wants to waste a year doing it - could this be the beginning of the end?
Hopefully
Seconded
Ben3
It certainly sounds like if he doesn’t get his way he’ll walk away

I’d hate to be FGR ‘fan’. Well done baker and co for sustainable development
paperboy
..imagine this would have been a head in hands moment for Dale last night.

Cllr Lydon asks if wooden design of the stadium is safe or a fire risk. Development manager John Longmuir says it's technically viable to meet fire regulations

"Technically viable"-----oh that's all right then.
Si Robin
Not a single mention of it on the FGR website or Twitter feed.
paperboy
Bob Hunt wasn't impressed-

Well, that’s a positive decision ! Be careful what you wish for Eastington.
Ridiculous!
Ben3
I just can’t get my head around dale Vince , head of an eco company, campaigning relentlessly to build on Green belt and encourage people who support their team to travel by car. It is the most bizarre anti-PR stunt ever
Si Robin
paperboy wrote:Bob Hunt wasn't impressed-

Well, that’s a positive decision ! Be careful what you wish for Eastington.
Ridiculous!
My understanding that Eastington's wishes were for it to be left alone. Bob Hunt comes across like some sort of mafioso there.
horlickfanclub
Plant it up with hemp or grass for biomass for sustainable developement.
everyman
Ben3 wrote:I just can’t get my head around dale Vince , head of an eco company, campaigning relentlessly to build on Green belt and encourage people who support their team to travel by car. It is the most bizarre anti-PR stunt ever
But he will be appealing,well at least to his sycophantic followers` Hunt`s et al.?
King giraffe iii
I'm content the decision has gone the way it has. The new ground isn't needed and Forest Green Rovers belong in Nailsworth, not Eastington.
Chris FGR
King giraffe iii wrote:I'm content the decision has gone the way it has. The new ground isn't needed and Forest Green Rovers belong in Nailsworth, not Eastington.
I agree. Keep Forest Green in Forest Green. We are what we are, a small town club and if that isn't good enough for Vince or Ecotricity's grand ambitions then he can buy another club. We are supposed to be a community club primarily for the people of Nailsworth, not an advertising vehicle for a corporate entity to push it's product and ethos from next to a motorway to a national and international audience ffs.

Notice Vince seems to be blocking fans who don't want this move on twitter. Why are fans with genuine concerns about this always ignored?
Ben3
There is an interesting philosophical question about the after life - if a new heaven and a new earth are created, and I have a new body - what does that benefit me now? It’ll be a new person in a new environment, so little old Ben3 won’t be the beneficiary. I could live a good life to support a new version of myself living in paradise, but as it won’t be ME, whats the point?

Applicable to football clubs. If ecotricity fc win the champions league, what benefit to FGR supporters? It’s a different club in a different place with a different kit and different players.

As I said, I’d hate to be a FGR ‘fan’ now
Si Robin
Chris FGR wrote:
King giraffe iii wrote:I'm content the decision has gone the way it has. The new ground isn't needed and Forest Green Rovers belong in Nailsworth, not Eastington.
I agree. Keep Forest Green in Forest Green. We are what we are, a small town club and if that isn't good enough for Vince or Ecotricity's grand ambitions then he can buy another club. We are supposed to be a community club primarily for the people of Nailsworth, not an advertising vehicle for a corporate entity to push it's product and ethos from next to a motorway to a national and international audience ffs.

Notice Vince seems to be blocking fans who don't want this move on twitter. Why are fans with genuine concerns about this always ignored?
But Dale said you're all devastated by this news - it's not like him to tell a fib...
Nesty
Nice to see FGR fans not mincing their words
Shade
Ben3 wrote:There is an interesting philosophical question about the after life - if a new heaven and a new earth are created, and I have a new body - what does that benefit me now? It’ll be a new person in a new environment, so little old Ben3 won’t be the beneficiary. I could live a good life to support a new version of myself living in paradise, but as it won’t be ME, whats the point?
Triggers broom.
asl
Ben3 wrote:if a new heaven and a new earth are created, and I have a new body - what does that benefit me now? It’ll be a new person in a new environment, so little old Ben3 won’t be the beneficiary.
At least your new Nest handle won't take much thinking about.
Andy
Shade wrote:
Triggers broom.
Lovely jubbly. :) :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
paperboy
...Dale is going to give the council a chance to come to their senses.:-)

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/n ... st-2979546" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ben3
How odd. I thought the rules in the uk in 2019 meant that once a vote had been passed it could never ever ever be revisited :lol:

I think the problem he’s got is that people simply don’t want it. He’s making out it’s removed councillors versus the people, but in reality it’s the people, represented by local democracy, versus him.
Ralph
paperboy wrote:...Dale is going to give the council a chance to come to their senses.:-)

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/n ... st-2979546" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He's going to give them a second chance to not be ridiculous lol

Maybe someone needs to suggest he be a bit humble or they'll laugh him out again
Artemis
The decision can be appealed, or the design changed and resubmitted. The planning authority are at liberty to refuse a resubmission if the changes are deemed to be not material.
For what it's worth, I do ply fail to see how a 5000 seater stadium caters for Vince's stated ambition of championship football, nor how it is anymore environmentally friendly then the current stadium if the primary method of access is a car.
Finally, if I were on the planning authority I'd be digging deep into the "technical viability" of the safety of a wooden stadium.
everyman
Chris FGR wrote:

I for one look forward to once again watching the" Real Forest Green "should Ego-tricity decide to find another publicity vehicle.
How about that name for the revived club "REAL FOREST GREEN".
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Cooper already feeling the pressure after a slanging match with fans during a PSF. Following up bottling promotion with a poor summer losing his best players must be getting to him:

https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/ ... -s-bag-39/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
paperboy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Cooper already feeling the pressure after a slanging match with fans during a PSF. Following up bottling promotion with a poor summer losing his best players must be getting to him:

https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/ ... -s-bag-39/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cant deny that he and Vince are made for each other,but I cant criticize him too much on this occasion.
Shade
And blaming the pitch for not winning at Bath. In a PSF :lol:
Robin
It will be interesting to see how Vince reacts this season having made the play offs last year and likely this year to be nowhere near, will Cooper survive?
paperboy
Robin wrote:It will be interesting to see how Vince reacts this season having made the play offs last year and likely this year to be nowhere near, will Cooper survive?
I really hope so,it's so entertaining listening to him talk drivel-and under achieving.
Robin
From the outside it appears they've had major cost cutting this season, selling almost all their better players and recruiting uninspiringly.
Shade
Apparently the lad they've signed from Peterborough has an exceptional goalscoring record. In non-league.
Ben3
Bored with Salford now.

Please please PLEASE go on the FGR forum. It’s completely hilarious, if it isn’t Ricky gervais setting them up then I don’t know what is going on.

The level of entitlement from these guys is wonderfully funny! Just go have a look and enjoy

(Dawson now an unused sub which means he can get on the booze with Winnie on a Thursday night!)

I’ve got a new prediction league - how many weeks before OTC returns to his first love and starts ‘supporting’ us again :lol: :lol:
drgm
Cringeworthy. Reminds me of the Rushden forum a few years back
paperboy
drgm wrote:Cringeworthy. Reminds me of the Rushden forum a few years back
..they really think the world revolves around them don't they.

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/s ... 249667.amp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So four other FGR directors were all wearing ties, he was offered a tie and a seat in the directors box anyway, but no he stood with real fans in the way section just so he could have his little tantrum.

What a jerk!
Must be a standard question on their job application forms- are you a clown ?- yes I am- well you're on the short list already then.
Oh and by the way if you come to The New Lawn you don't need to wear a tie but you'll only eat what we tell you you can eat.

We're FGR and what we say goes.
If you dare to disagree you are narrow minded and out of touch.
andgarod
so what is the dress code at nailsworth
straw in the greasy hair , a pair of ripped jeans and a pair of sandals
ties prohibited
ctfc-fan
If visiting directors have to adhere to FGR’s dress code then they should adhere to that of other clubs. It’s all a publicity stunt again....