Striker leaves

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
http://bit.ly/ForwardLeavesCTFC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
shevates
Thank fork for that
Si Robin
Best of luck to him - just never seemed up to the job. A very strange signing.
Fuller
Strange one this.
He was highly rated as a lad at Wolves, played a fair amount at Exeter, but looked well off the pace in his few games with us.
I thought he nearly signed for Chesterfield last summer after being on trial with us, but GJ then went back and signed him ?
Anyway wish him all the best, tough life for some footballers at times.
Last edited by Fuller on 20 Jun 2019, 12:20, edited 1 time in total.
Nesty
That leaves 2 payers with question marks by their names - Debayo and Tom Smith
Shade
Fuller wrote:Strange one this.
He was highly rated as a lad at Wolves, played a far amount at Exeter, but looked well off the pace in his few games with us.
I thought he nearly signed for Chesterfield last summer after being on trial with us, but GJ then went back and signed him ?
I think we wanted him, then he heard Chesterfield (or Colchester?) were interested so went there and they decided they didn't want him, so he ended up back here.
Shade
Nesty wrote:That leaves 2 payers with question marks by their names - Debayo and Tom Smith
I assume Debayo is staying (I don't think he's on the transfer list?) as back up to Hussey?
Smith is on the list and I assume his agreement will also be terminated by mutual consent if we don't get anyone come in for him soon. Then he'll be off to Bath or Torquay...
Fuller
Sure it was Chesterfield, I'm sure Martin Allen mentioned his name just before he eventually signed for us.

Debayo wasn't on the transfer list so he might get a chance ?

Also will not be surprised to see a few trialists at training next week ? A few ex-Burnley lads maybe ?
Si Robin
Debayo welcomed Tav last week with this tweet:

https://twitter.com/JDebayo96/status/11 ... 0574263297

So I don't think he's off anywhere soon.

McAlinden was definitely at Chesterfield last summer and all set to sign for them.
kiaora84
McAlindon trained with us, was told he wouldn’t be offered anything. Went to Chesterfield, was all set to sign until GJ did a u-turn and offered him a 2 year deal..

.the ultimate definition of a ‘panic signing’
Robin
Such a terrible signing and I said at the time it had me really concerned. The length of the deal was bizarre considering he was never going to be first choice anyway, as others state is was a panic signing.
Robin
Fuller wrote:Sure it was Chesterfield, I'm sure Martin Allen mentioned his name just before he eventually signed for us.

Also will not be surprised to see a few trialists at training next week ? A few ex-Burnley lads maybe ?
I would like to think no to trialists as we probably only need 2-3 players once Reid signs. Those will surely be an experienced central midifeld enforcer and a centre half as cover.
Robin
Fuller wrote:Sure it was Chesterfield, I'm sure Martin Allen mentioned his name just before he eventually signed for us.

I would like to think no to trialists as we probably only need 2-3 players once Reid signs. Those will surely be an experienced central midifeld enforcer and a centre half as cover.
Shade
There will always be a few trialists because you might be able to pick up a rough gem for a pittance, or a Luke Summerfield at the last minute.