Thoughts on the new away kit?

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
http://bit.ly/CTFCAwayKit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pie
Personally I really like it.
A nice swerve away from the Yellow,and I wasn't a huge fan of the purple kit.
Loved the blue/white we had for West Ham, and the light blue we had as a third kit the one season.

I like the fact its also a bit different with the Errea logo down the shoulders, another throwback to one of our previous kits.

The only thing I don't get is why we will be wearing it at home against Leicester - a team who also play in Blue.
WhaddSquadd
The new away kit is fine, better than previous offerings.

Still hate the stupid robin badge though, what was wrong with the town crest?
Si Robin
Pie wrote: The only thing I don't get is why we will be wearing it at home against Leicester - a team who also play in Blue.
That would be the best time to promote it I imagine.
WhaddSquadd wrote:The new away kit is fine, better than previous offerings.

Still hate the stupid robin badge though, what was wrong with the town crest?
Whilst I'm not a lover of the badge, the town crest could not be copyrighted meaning anyone who wanted to knock up scarves and t-shirts if we had a big cup draw could do so without fear of being sued for it.
Malabus
Love it, the club emblem is clear to see, very nice.
WhaddSquadd
[/quote]Whilst I'm not a lover of the badge, the town crest could not be copyrighted meaning anyone who wanted to knock up scarves and t-shirts if we had a big cup draw could do so without fear of being sued for it.[/quote]

Ah that makes sense, shame really as the robin badge is c!#p.
Malabus
I like the club emblem, loved it when I first saw it.
Hubert Parry
Looks like I'm in the minority. I think it looks tacky!
Shade
I'm not au fait with copyright laws, but could the town crest have been incorporated into another emblem and then copyrighted? For crappy example, put it within a football and have Cheltenham Town FC around in circularly?
Pie
Clubs seem to be changing their badges every couple of years now, so give it another 5 and it'll be changed again.
Si Robin
Bring back the bouncing ball that the Trust now use - that's what I say.

Regarding the kit itself, I love it apart from the Errea badges down the sleeves - they look a bit 90s Kappa to me.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
As football shirts (tacky and shiny by nature) go I really like it. I love the colour. Blue is my favourite colour to wear and red my worst.

I especially like the town motto featuring.

I have not bought a shirt since the first Ruby season. I am going to buy one of these Azures!
Last edited by RegencyCheltenhamSpa on 12 Jul 2019, 13:12, edited 2 times in total.
horlickfanclub
It is a good colour but white/pale grey would go better with the badge. Perhaps we should use 50% bamboo for a less tack finish.
Shade
Robin
I really like the new kit, one of the better ones in recent years.
Dave Beesley
Si Robin wrote:Bring back the bouncing ball that the Trust now use - that's what I say.
We haven't used that for a few years Si :D
Pie
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I have not bought a shirt since the first Ruby season.
Best home shirt we have had in a long time.
Was disappointed we didn't stick with the Ruby, although the Ruby and White striped shirt wasn't great.
Si Robin
Dave Beesley wrote:
Si Robin wrote:Bring back the bouncing ball that the Trust now use - that's what I say.
We haven't used that for a few years Si :D
All the more reason for the club to bring it back then, with the little fat robin in the ball.

It truly was a thing of beauty.
kora
I hope it grows on me as at the moment I'd rate it close to the worst ever. The purple and Inter Milan kits were my favourites.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:I really like the new kit, one of the better ones in recent years.
My thoughts too. Second best behind the Inter Milan in my view. Might even beat that for me when I see it in person.
goalpost
The most important question is of course. Will it be available to buy before Christmas. N
CTFC Official
goalpost wrote:The most important question is of course. Will it be available to buy before Christmas. N
Hi goalpost,

Indeed it is available to buy before Christmas on our new online shop which was also launched yesterday: https://shop.ctfc.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
goalpost
CTFC Official wrote:
goalpost wrote:The most important question is of course. Will it be available to buy before Christmas. N
Hi goalpost,

Indeed it is available to buy before Christmas on our new online shop which was also launched yesterday: https://shop.ctfc.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brilliant, great quick response from the club thank you. I’ll get one on 24th August