Lack of media activity

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

kora
Are all the media people having a day off. The press conferences obviously happened as there are clips to view but not the whole chats. Also our esteemed media man still hasn't told us there is a new loanee at the club 4 hours after he signed. It's the start of the season, don't they know we want to know what is going on.
kiaora84
kora wrote:Are all the media people having a day off. The press conferences obviously happened as there are clips to view but not the whole chats. Also our esteemed media man still hasn't told us there is a new loanee at the club 4 hours after he signed. It's the start of the season, don't they know we want to know what is going on.
He hasn’t officially signed yet
Si Robin
mikep101
Is the Premiership midfielder signing on loan?
Horteng
kora wrote:Are all the media people having a day off. The press conferences obviously happened as there are clips to view but not the whole chats. Also our esteemed media man still hasn't told us there is a new loanee at the club 4 hours after he signed. It's the start of the season, don't they know we want to know what is going on.

Your going to have an invite for a coffee from Joycey if you don't watch it. That's what I had when I questioned the lack of communication from the club and no fun interview etc like weve had in the past

He clearly doesn't like being questioned. I for one am very concerened that our media guy is an avid FGR fan. A true conflict of interest if you ask me
Robin
I don't see how being a fan of FGR is a conflict of interest? Just poor taste in my view.
RichJoyce
Horteng wrote:

Your going to have an invite for a coffee from Joycey if you don't watch it. That's what I had when I questioned the lack of communication from the club and no fun interview etc like weve had in the past

He clearly doesn't like being questioned. I for one am very concerened that our media guy is an avid FGR fan. A true conflict of interest if you ask me
Hi Horteng,

Thank you for your comments.

It's been a couple of weeks since I invited you to come in and see me regarding the possibility of hearing from you about some of the ideas you have around the club's coverage.

I haven't heard from you in that time and I don't believe you've come into the office to see me. Like I said then I think it's better to talk face-to-face instead of hiding behind a username or a keyboard so I'm still looking forward to meeting yourself.

I don't know if you lack courage or have been too busy to arrange coming in yet, but the offer and invitation is there still as I know we'd like to hear from you to discuss how we can help improve your Cheltenham Town experience.

My email address is richard.joyce@ctfc.com if you want to send me an email to arrange coming in. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Joycie
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
RichJoyce wrote:
Horteng wrote:

Hi Horteng,

It's been a couple of weeks since I invited you to come in and see me regarding the possibility of hearing from you about some of the ideas you have around the club's coverage.

I haven't heard from you in that time and I don't believe you've come into the office to see me. Like I said then I think it's better to talk face-to-face instead of hiding behind a username or a keyboard so I'm still looking forward to meeting yourself.

I don't know if you lack courage or have been too busy to arrange coming in yet, but the offer and invitation is there still as I know we'd like to hear from you to discuss how we can help improve your Cheltenham Town experience.

My email address is richard.joyce@ctfc.com if you want to send me an email to arrange coming in. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Joycie
Burn.
Horteng
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
RichJoyce wrote:
Horteng wrote:

Hi Horteng,

Thanks

Joycie
Burn.
Lol
I-Love-CTFC
If Joycie spent as much time responding to Horteng on here as he did on CTFC media activity then something more constructive might be done.
Horteng
I-Love-CTFC wrote:If Joycie spent as much time responding to Horteng on here as he did on CTFC media activity then something more constructive might be done.
Agreed :roll:
Reginald
As part of their pre-season reviews of clubs in the West, I thought Sean Long's ride in the BBC Points West taxi was very entertaining.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I-Love-CTFC wrote:If Joycie spent as much time responding to Horteng on here as he did on CTFC media activity then something more constructive might be done.
Burn.
everyman
Robin wrote:I don't see how being a fan of FGR is a conflict of interest? Just poor taste in my view.
Poor taste ! well he`s a bit like decaffeinated coffee ?
I-Love-CTFC
No highlights posted on the CTFC Official YouTube page. Pretty sure last season they would have already been posted.
asl
No, but there has been a report (and pic) on Kevin Dawson's debut for FGR.
paperboy
I feel there is a hissy fit on the horizon
everyman
paperboy wrote:I feel there is a hissy fit on the horizon
Bigger room needed for the coffee morning,perhaps Vince could send some cannabis cake and a humble-pie ?
Horteng
No highlights on the CTFC youtube page.... Swear they used to be on there then following day after a match
longmover
Why don't CTFC just source all media to a 3rd party, its quite obvious there is zero appetite for the club to take it seriously in house, in this day and age of social media there is absolutely no excuse for a lackluster approach.
paperboy
It may well be a voluntary position anyway so cost will be an issue.
longmover
There's a sizable university in Cheltenham