A trip down memory lane

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

GL Rob
We've taken a look at Cheltenham's Carabao Cup history ahead of tonight's tie: http://bit.ly/CTFCCarabaoCupHistory" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Which games stick out in your memory?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I remember really enjoying and being excited for Ashton Gate away, even though we lost.

Norwich away the stand out for me.

On the topic of Norwich: really poor and basic error from the Echo....

“Whilst Cheltenham hold Norwich City fondly in connection to their League Cup history, their first encounter with the Canaries came in 1999 where a home win for the Suffolk club was enough to proceed to round two.”

Norwich is in Norfolk...
longmover
That game at Carrow road was immense, around 70 - 80 Town fans (if I recall) sat on wooden benches
asl
Vicarage Road, 0-0 and Chris Banks was immense, head and shoulders the MotM. Thoroughly enjoyable with a nice bunch of home fans who were happy to give the credit that was due. Shame about the return leg... Tommy Mooney hat-trick, wasn't it?

Wasn't the QPR game a couple of years later the one with the famous 'Queen's Park Prangers' typo on the programme...?
Hubert Parry
No. I don't think he scored at all. I certainly recall Helguson scoring.
Si Robin
Tommy Smith, Darren Ward and Heidar Helguson:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/911801.stm
Alf
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I remember really enjoying and being excited for Ashton Gate away, even though we lost.

Norwich away the stand out for me.

On the topic of Norwich: really poor and basic error from the Echo....

“Whilst Cheltenham hold Norwich City fondly in connection to their League Cup history, their first encounter with the Canaries came in 1999 where a home win for the Suffolk club was enough to proceed to round two.”

Norwich is in Norfolk...
They’ve had some bad weather.
Robin
longmover wrote:That game at Carrow road was immense, around 70 - 80 Town fans (if I recall) sat on wooden benches
I went to Norwich away in our first football league season, over four hours each way for a mid-week game and I could have swore we had a lot more than 70=80 there must have been 200+ but it's a long time ago now. I didn't go in our win there though.