The next installment of...

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
s#!t in their eyes...

BBC question time (Thurs 05/09). https://youtu.be/BZq9TK1t_hc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Ihearye
If any Question Time epitomised, why voting is turning into a pointless exercise. Those 3 MP's provided great evidence and were a fine example of the Majority of MP's sitting at the moment.
They can not put together a coherent argument or support their views with any actual facts. AT's statement re she would negotiate a deal with the EU but then vote against it. Is simply breath taking. She is oblivious to how stupid she sounds. As the lady in the audience said. Our MP's have made us the laughing stock.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
It is not that stupid if you think about. I share a similar view. I will try and explain in simple terms.

My personal preference is Remain. However I am respect the result of any referendum. So, if I was in charge I would seek the best deal possible to honour the referendum. If Parliament still blocked I would hold a referendum to seek a mandate for that deal. I would rather we didn’t leave so personally would vote to Remain, however if people again vote to leave I would implement the deal I secured.
Johnsons Red Army
Yes, not sure why everyone is finding it so hard to comprehend.
Ihearye
Johnsons Red Army wrote:Yes, not sure why everyone is finding it so hard to comprehend.
Comprehend what ? That somebody will go into negotiations and get the best deal that they think is possible. Agree that deal with the EU, Bring it back to parliament, then vote against the deal that they had agreed to.
What part of that makes any sense. Surely that is just one step beyond Mrs May, who agreed a deal that she knew would not get approved. At least she voted for the deal she signed up to. However, to sign up to a deal and then campaign against it is bizarre. Why sign up to it, if you don't believe in it ?
Johnsons Red Army
I think RCS explanation was simple enough to understand, so I don't feel the need to repeat or reword it.
Ihearye
Johnsons Red Army wrote:I think RCS explanation was simple enough to understand, so I don't feel the need to repeat or reword it.
Fair enough . I don't see his posts, hence my confusion at your confusion :)
Johnsons Red Army
That also clears up my confusion, haha!

Here it is (so it makes sense):

"It is not that stupid if you think about. I share a similar view. I will try and explain in simple terms.

My personal preference is Remain. However I am respect the result of any referendum. So, if I was in charge I would seek the best deal possible to honour the referendum. If Parliament still blocked I would hold a referendum to seek a mandate for that deal. I would rather we didn’t leave so personally would vote to Remain, however if people again vote to leave I would implement the deal I secured."
Ihearye
Johnsons Red Army wrote:That also clears up my confusion, haha!

"It is not that stupid if you think about. I share a similar view. I will try and explain in simple terms.

My personal preference is Remain. However I am respect the result of any referendum. So, if I was in charge I would seek the best deal possible to honour the referendum. If Parliament still blocked I would hold a referendum to seek a mandate for that deal. I would rather we didn’t leave so personally would vote to Remain, however if people again vote to leave I would implement the deal I secured."
Still unsure as to why you would sign off on a deal you thought was not acceptable (by definition, as you would campaign against it?). She makes no connection between Parliament blocking it and her voting against it. As far as I have read. But have to admit, I now prefer a brexit free, politics free zone. This coupled with the Boots corner fiasco has made me remove myself from the electoral roll, That letter from Cheltenham council came just in time. It even made it easy for me, by explaining how I do it online.
Voting is a waste of time and has the added bonus of stopping me getting rubbish through my letterbox
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:
Johnsons Red Army wrote:That also clears up my confusion, haha!

Still unsure as to why you would sign off on a deal you thought was not acceptable (by definition, as you would campaign against it?). She makes no connection between Parliament blocking it and her voting against it. As far as I have read. But have to admit, I now prefer a brexit free, politics free zone. This coupled with the Boots corner fiasco has made me remove myself from the electoral roll, That letter from Cheltenham council came just in time. It even made it easy for me, by explaining how I do it online.
Voting is a waste of time and has the added bonus of stopping me getting rubbish through my letterbox
Society the real winner here. Thanks for TOFTT.
asl
Must admit, it does sound a little like promising your children their inheritance and setting the house on fire just as you leave...