Stevenage

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

longmover
sacked manager, ex women's England team manager Sampson in charge
Si Robin
As if they weren't dislike-able enough...
Robin
I saw enough Saturday to suggest their attritional way of playing football will get them enough points to stay up given there is only one relegation spot so slightly suprised they pulled the trigger so early.
Red Duke
Robin wrote:I saw enough Saturday to suggest their attritional way of playing football will get them enough points to stay up given there is only one relegation spot so slightly suprised they pulled the trigger so early.
Two relegation spots if Bury are successful in their appeal not to be kicked out of the league but relegated by one division.
Robin
That would be terrible if Bury were expelled then allowed back in at league two level, the should come back at Conference North level in my view.
Ihearye
Robin wrote:That would be terrible if Bury were expelled then allowed back in at league two level, the should come back at Conference North level in my view.
Totally agree. What kind of message would that send out to other poorly run clubs. Cheat as much as you want, as there is always a place for you in L2? Especially when they got out of L2 due to their 'slackness'.
longmover
If Bury are allowed back into league two then that's me done with football, what's the point?
Artemis
Ihearye wrote:
Robin wrote:That would be terrible if Bury were expelled then allowed back in at league two level, the should come back at Conference North level in my view.
Totally agree. What kind of message would that send out to other poorly run clubs. Cheat as much as you want, as there is always a place for you in L2? Especially when they got out of L2 due to their 'slackness'.
Spot on. Down the pyramid you go. All the way to the NWCL.
Red Duke
Artemis wrote:
Ihearye wrote:
Spot on. Down the pyramid you go. All the way to the NWCL.
I expect Bury to be expelled so that an example is set. It is a shame that the Football league didn't do it years ago but it all down to how "big" you are. Why weren't clubs like Leicester etc. not chucked out of the league when they went bust.

However, for the favouritism towards "big" clubs continues. It can be seen with the shenanigins that are going on in the Championship where clubs are "selling" their grounds to themselves for an over inflated value and then leasing it back. It should never be allowed but so typical for EFL to accept it.
longmover
if you can regularly attract 20k plus for home games and have 'links' to the prem you can pretty much do what you want.
Red Duke
longmover wrote:if you can regularly attract 20k plus for home games and have 'links' to the prem you can pretty much do what you want.
Exactly. One rule for the big boys and another for the rest.