Ryan Broom

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Hubert Parry
Without doubt one of the best performances from a Cheltenham player in a long, long time. Keeping him is an absolute priority.
Shade
Good job we extended his contract already. Hopefully he'll keep this form going and not have a huge dip like last season.
ctfc-fan
BBC said someone seemed to be being watched by I think Darren Ferguson as he’s been a few times now.
Robin
Yeah there was talk tonight that Darren Ferguson was watching him, not sure if it has any real legs but we would be crazy to sell for less than a decent six figure fee. They tried to take the p1ss with Eisa so don't be surprised if they offer £150,000 but knowing they want £2million for Maddison we should be holding out for a good amount especially with realistic top seven aspirations this season.
paperboy
If DF wasn't watching Broom it could only have been a Macclesfield player.

Broom has been outstanding in the attacking midfielder role, so Dawson moving on has been a blessing in disguise.
I see he's only made 4 appearances for FGR so far; Nigel Atangana has made an inauspicious start to his Exeter career, helping them ship 7 goals in his 2 appearances thus far.
Si Robin
Broomy was absolutely immense in that second period last night (I didn't see the first half). The boy is a bit special and I thought it was great of Duff to acknowledge that he had his head turned last season but has learnt from that.

As paperboy says, Kevin Dawson going was a blessing - he must be loving it at FGR as well having not made an appearance since 7th September.
Ihearye
Yes, it is smugly pleasing how it has all panned out. Especially Mr Dawson, who was never a 30 game dependable. Would take any of the young lads we have on loan, over either of them any day. Broom this season makes Dawson look non league
drgm
Was worth the admission price all by himself last night. As Hubert said -the best performance from a player
in many many years.
He wont be here long so enjoy it while it lasts. Hopefully we'll keep him until the end of the season
He must be one of the best players in League 2
Robin
If we do sell Broom would people be open to breaking our transfer record to land JDH permanently? Let's face it he won't make it at Villa but it would be a great investment for CTFC if we could get him permanently just like we did with Wilson and Grant McCann in the Ward era.
Red Duke
Robin wrote:If we do sell Broom would people be open to breaking our transfer record to land JDH permanently? Let's face it he won't make it at Villa but it would be a great investment for CTFC if we could get him permanently just like we did with Wilson and Grant McCann in the Ward era.
Why would you say that he won't make it at Villa?
Robin
The success rate of young players making it at top clubs is extremely low Duke but just watching him play you can see he's not that level (despite being good at league two). If I compare him to say Joe Morrell I don't think he's as good just as a yardstick but would certainly be an asset for us and I believe capable of making a career in league one/maybe Championship longer term.
Shade
Doyle-Hayes is 21 in December. He hasn't had his best game or two, but he's still been solid and I personally think he's not far off Morrell. I see no reason why Villa would be looking to discard him. If they get relegated I could see him doing a job in the Championship in a year or two. Who would have seriously thought Rodon would be a full Wales international and Championship regular now? There might be a chance of us keeping him if we get promoted and Villa stay up, though.
horlickfanclub
I would prefer Doyle-Hayes over Morrell. Much better tackler and keeps the ball better. More energy and stamina. That said we have him for a season and he will want to push up a level next year. Maybe with us but Villa might have plans for him.
If we do lose Ryan in January its good to know we have Ince and maybe Sheaf to step in.
everyman
Si Robin wrote:Broomy was absolutely immense in that second period last night (I didn't see the first half). The boy is a bit special and I thought it was great of Duff to acknowledge that he had his head turned last season but has learnt from that.

As paperboy says, Kevin Dawson going was a blessing - he must be loving it at FGR as well having not made an appearance since 7th September.
Were you working the car park at Parklands in the first half ?
Ben3
everyman wrote:
Si Robin wrote:Broomy was absolutely immense in that second period last night (I didn't see the first half). The boy is a bit special and I thought it was great of Duff to acknowledge that he had his head turned last season but has learnt from that.

Sometimes someone says something on this site that makes me roar

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Si Robin
everyman wrote:

No, I was looking after my four kids whilst my wife was working her second job of the day, after I'd finished a full day at work. Normally I'd forego evening games, despite having a season ticket for the last 17 years. However, I decided to treat myself and enjoy watching the Robins, albeit for 45 mins only, after she got home.
Ben3
Si Robin wrote:
everyman wrote:

No, I was looking after my four kids whilst my wife was working her second job of the day, after I'd finished a full day at work. Normally I'd forego evening games, despite having a season ticket for the last 17 years. However, I decided to treat myself and enjoy watching the Robins, albeit for 45 mins only, after she got home.
Well done si Robin but don’t be daft - that was a good joke! I’d take it if it was at my expense. We are all friends here unlike the manic forums run by the circus on the hill!!
darreno
Why is the glos echo so keen to publish (non) stories regarding interest in Ryan Broom? Surely this is just speculation on their part? Nothing in those articles refers to any clear evidence to substantiate the headlines. Most references relate to last season. Are they trying to fuel even more interest in the player to somehow instigate a bidding war maybe? Or just create instability where none is required or justified...?

Show us the evidence of said 'interest' or stop publishing nonsense.
Si Robin
I'm going to hazard a guess at trying to drive clicks. With that being said, I have no reason to doubt JP.

We mustn't forget that the Echo is not the club's mouthpiece, it's a business in its own right. The coverage provided by JP et al is fantastic but they have every right to speculate if they wish.
Robin
I would imagine if JP is running articles then a) there a number of clubs interested, and offers expected and b) he's helping to stoke a bidding war because he loves the club and is doing his job at the same time.

That said, I would hope given our promotion aspirations we are only willing to sell if the offer is too good to turn down.