FA cup draw

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ben3
I hope we draw a small non league team at home.

But failing that then FGR at home, or Sunderland or Ipswich would do me
asl
Ben3 wrote:I hope we draw a small non league team at home.

But failing that then FGR at home, or Sunderland or Ipswich would do me
I'd rather have a match we could win.

(And let's just get past Swindon first, eh...?)
kora
I fancy a trip to Chichester, never been there and we should be able to beat them.
horlickfanclub
Maldon and Tiptree at home. Fine sauce and jam producing area.
Robin
As every year I hope for a winnable game at home as there is little glory/money in the first two rounds. Failing that away at Ipswich or Bolton please.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I hope for an awful away tie. So if we lose the replay the pill is sugared. Last thing we want is a home banker draw only to be gutted in a galling replay defeat. We are favourites to lose the replay, make no bones about that.
Jon Palmer
Can follow the draw from a Cheltenham Town perspective here: http://bit.ly/FAC2RDraw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Malabus
Possible home tie versus Port Vale. Could have been worse.
Ben3
Port vale at home is winnable. Makes the Swindon game quite a big one really
Robin
Fairly decent draw that, very winnable home game should we progress. That said, I'll remind everyone that Vale managed to nick wins away at Crewe and Bradford this season so it likely wouldn't be a home banker.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Fairly decent draw that, very winnable home game should we progress. That said, I'll remind everyone that Vale managed to nick wins away at Crewe and Bradford this season so it likely wouldn't be a home banker.
We will be favourites to beat Vale. As will Swindon. Let hope we upset the odds. Be gut wrenching to see Swindle get big round 3 tie.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Finally catching up on the draw now.

No really standout TV ties.

Obviously if Salford won their replay vs Burton then the ‘Paul Scholes derby’ of Oldham vs Salford will have the Media City tw*ts at the BBC beating each other off into their quayside lattes and will be a guaranteed live BBC game. (I would almost suggest Oldham vs Salford was a fixed draw).

So hopefully Burton knock Salford out and we get some proper teams on TV instead.

Kingstonian vs Fylde

Darlington vs Oxford (if Darlo can win their replay)

Stourbridge/Eastleigh vs Crewe

If Ipswich win their replay then Coventry vs Ipswich would be the ‘big’ tie or two former winners and two of the biggest sides in the Cup at this stage.