CTFC. vs Exeter City 16th November 2019

Run by Shade

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin, Shade

theidlerich
CTFC. vs Exeter city 16th November 2019

Rather like that silly game earlier with the oval ball, outthought, outplayed and outmuscled and may I add out acted too! A strange first half, never in the game; and gave away two stoppable goals after losing the ball mid-field. The urgency came too late; Alex A may have made a difference if allowed to roam free as a C/F for 30+minutes; not to be. Thought his pace and eccentric approach may have unsettled their decent , but pedestrian back-line. That incisive pass never materialised; too slow or failed to meet the man. Too much aimless sideways and back passing; this doesn't test defensive set-ups.
I had earlier stated that the ref would make a difference; so true, so true. After ignoring a couple of neck strangleholds [that would have been a yellow earlier that morning] and several bear hugs; applauding the cry-baby actors within the FGR defence particularly he set the pattern of incompetence personified. He must be a highly valued customer of Ecotricity and a Vegan! The CF Lino; incompetent also [thought 2nd goal was well offside from my viewpoint in the CF] , but obviously eats too many pukka pies.
Disappointing for the many optimistic fans that piled in. Exeter should win comfortably if we play as we did against FGR. Loss CTFC 1 Exeter 2 with Varney for a consolation.
Why not Swindon you ask - League games only....and anyway we haven't passed the first round these days anyway. If we doi I may include the next round if I'm in a good mood.

0/0/0=0
Trust RCS made it back up North with much gnashing of teeth and awaiting OTC's comments with interest. Felt FGR will be there or thereabouts at the end; I don't think we will.

5/11/19. (plus an amended score for Shade....) Most scored a five for Varney scoring; will post the table after Exeter.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Exeter away is the next League match.

Tuesday 12th is Leasing.com Trophy.
theidlerich
....memo to self...."read the small print!'...
Thanks RCS
Johnsons Red Army
Exeter 2-0 CTFC
No Robins scorer

0/0/5=5
Red Duke
Exeter 2 CTFC 2
Draw
Varney

0/5/0=5
asl
Draw
0-0
No scorer

5/5/5=15. :)
Trust you weren't stuck the M5 either!
The Old TomCat
Exeter 0-0 Cheltenham
no scorers

5/5/5=15. :)
pas
Draw
Exeter 1 CTFC 1
Varney

5/0/0=5
Shade
Exeter 3-2 Cheltenham
Broom

0/0/0=0
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Another top of the table clash.

Away to a team above us in the table and during a patch of rotten form.

So, Home Win

Grecians 1 - 0 Robins

No scorer for Cheltenham.

0/0/5=5
joes dad
Home win
Exeter 2-1 CTFC
Reilly

0/0/0=0
The Old TomCat
theidlerich wrote: Rather like that silly game earlier with the oval ball, outthought, outplayed and outmuscled and may I add out acted too! A strange first half, never in the game; and gave away two stoppable goals after losing the ball mid-field. The urgency came too late; Alex A may have made a difference if allowed to roam free as a C/F for 30+minutes; not to be. Thought his pace and eccentric approach may have unsettled their decent , but pedestrian back-line. That incisive pass never materialised; too slow or failed to meet the man. Too much aimless sideways and back passing; this doesn't test defensive set-ups.
I had earlier stated that the ref would make a difference; so true, so true. After ignoring a couple of neck strangleholds [that would have been a yellow earlier that morning] and several bear hugs; applauding the cry-baby actors within the FGR defence particularly he set the pattern of incompetence personified. He must be a highly valued customer of Ecotricity and a Vegan! The CF Lino; incompetent also [thought 2nd goal was well offside from my viewpoint in the CF] , but obviously eats too many pukka pies.

Trust RCS made it back up North with much gnashing of teeth and awaiting OTC's comments with interest. Felt FGR will be there or thereabouts at the end; I don't think we will.
Learnt to be quiet on this site. Happy to let result do the talking. So tight up at top of table that both Gloucestershire teams could win auto promotion or even fail to reach play-offs.
I wish both clubs every success and hope we meet again next season in League 1. But of course before then CTFC have to visit TNL. :x

Ps Pleased that nobody was hurt in coach accident although I suspect a few shocked.