CTFC vs Port Vale Sat 21st Dec 2019

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

theidlerich
CTFC vs Port Vale Sat 21st Dec 2019

Well...whoever was dishing out the carol sheets certainly gave them a good shuffling; the first half was more like a Boris J interview or dialogue...rambling, incoherent and full of bluster. Perhaps the most disorganised half seen this season; Clements woeful; poor AA only served with long hoofballs; and Reid out of touch. Lucky only to concede one goal; and that one was on the cards as soon as the midfield vanished. At half time I was seriously wondering whether it mighty have been more productive to join the thousands flocking High Street and aimlessly wandering around the ghastly John Lewis store. It would have been warmer. Not the only one with those thoughts either.
The second half showed what could have been achieved earlier. Decent equaliser form Boyle; obviously our main attacking force; but all to often instead of any direct attacking play in went sideways. I and others despaired....not back to Flinders again surely..... hmmmm.
WE desperately need an attacker and a decent mid-field urgently. Thought Sheaf made a little difference; but not impressed with the others. Need to be quicker in attack; Addai played to his feet when facing the goal; and someone who can spot a pass and deliver it! Rant over.
Against Port Vale a draw 1-1 with Addai to score; although may change that later in the week.
Scores later; but we seemed to have lost 'Pie' who's pukkered off elsewhere...sad to say.
joes dad
"Boris J interview or dialogue...rambling, incoherent and full of bluster. "
You forgot the word "winner"
theidlerich
We'll see who 'wins' in a few weeks/years time.
I also forgot to add 'cowardly'!

[....I apologise for bringing Politics' into this.... however fear for UK's future!]
joes dad
No fear from me and a few others, all about opinion.

You can use all the words you like , the one that matters is Democratic.
theidlerich
No problem with Democracy; it's how it is achieved. Electoral reform needed urgently. Perhaps we should continue this on the non-footy thread.
joes dad
Don't remember people asking for electoral reform when Blair was in power!
THECHOIRBOY
theidlerich wrote:CTFC vs Port Vale Sat 21st Dec 2019

; but all to often instead of any direct attacking play in went sideways. I and others despaired....not back to Flinders again surely..... hmmmm.
I haven't been to as many games this season but have noticed this exasperation from others when i have been there. It's interesting. In previous seasons we have been very direct and people were moaning wanting extra passes, "play football" was the call from the terraces. Already, it seems some people are getting impatient with playing football and being patient and wanting us to whack it long.

I'd rather we went about it the right way and tried to get the basics right and a mentality in how we play. Don't get me wrong there's times i have wanted an earlier cross in the box but I would much rather us be trying to replicate what is now more the "norm" in the higher leagues than aimlessly bashing it forward.
Shade
theidlerich wrote:No problem with Democracy; it's how it is achieved. Electoral reform needed urgently. Perhaps we should continue this on the non-footy thread.

Electoral reform in what way? The Tories got just under 14 million votes. Labour got 10 million. They still got beat.

Anyway, enough of that nonsense. We're away this weekend, so back on the winning trail. We owe Vale one for a couple of weeks ago.
Ihearye
There was a referendum on electoral reform$ alas like most things, if you lose you fail to accept it. Get over it and yourself
Ben3
Back to the football...

Port vale were not the worst team we’ve played but o expect us to win

Anyone know when reg is back?
Artemis
joes dad wrote:No fear from me and a few others, all about opinion.

You can use all the words you like , the one that matters is Democratic.
Speaking of democratic, you'll have noticed the nationalist majorities in Scotland and Northern Ireland. So I'm not quite sure what Johnson has won.
Artemis
And now back to the football.....Tom Pope 1 - 1 CTFC is my prediction (not that I'm in the predicta league)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
joes dad wrote:Don't remember people asking for electoral reform when Blair was in power!
UKIP, Lib Dems, Green and many members of the public were campaigning for electoral reform all through the Blair years, so your memory is incorrect. During my secondary school and uni days (1996-2008) ‘we need PR’ was a constant complaint.

It was refusal of Labour to consider electoral reform which encouraged Clegg to form the coalition with Cameron who agreed to allow the referendum on electoral reform in 2011.

68% of voters opted against electoral reform (AV, rather than PR) in that referendum but those in favour have continued to campaign for it now as much as they did during the Blair government.
joes dad
Ihearye wrote:There was a referendum on electoral reform$ alas like most things, if you lose you fail to accept it. Get over it and yourself

Correct.
joes dad
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
joes dad wrote:Don't remember people asking for electoral reform when Blair was in power!
UKIP, Lib Dems, Green and many members of the public were campaigning for electoral reform all through the Blair years, so your memory is incorrect. During my secondary school and uni days (1996-2008) ‘we need PR’ was a constant complaint.

It was refusal of Labour to consider electoral reform which encouraged Clegg to form the coalition with Cameron who agreed to allow the referendum on electoral reform in 2011.

68% of voters opted against electoral reform (AV, rather than PR) in that referendum but those in favour have continued to campaign for it now as much as they did during the Blair government.
Memory still tip top thankyou, obviously meant a party with a chance of winning!