Career Ender?

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

paperboy
….I expect that MD has already logged into The Nest for advice.
kora
According to Mark Halliwell, Ben Alnwick is available as a free agent.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Duff will get quality in. I don’t think quality will be an issue. It is just money we would rather be spending elsewhere.
Ben3
Here’s a genuine question - do you think clubs have insurance to cover events like this? To cover Scott’s medical bills, and the wage of someone to cover him?
Malabus
Ben3 wrote:Here’s a genuine question - do you think clubs have insurance to cover events like this? To cover Scott’s medical bills, and the wage of someone to cover him?
All players are insured.
asl
Now confirmed: fractured tib and fib. Operation went well, expected to be released from Gloucester Royal Infirmary later today.
Shade
With Duff's connection to Burnley, I'd definitely take NI international Peacock-Farrell. But I doubt he would want to drop to League 2 given that he's played quite a number of games at Championship level. He has been out of first team action for quite a while now, though, so you never know.
Ben3
Malabus wrote:
Ben3 wrote:Here’s a genuine question - do you think clubs have insurance to cover events like this? To cover Scott’s medical bills, and the wage of someone to cover him?
All players are insured.
So does that insurance cover wages of someone to replace him? If so then it’s not a case of taking away from another position
Si Robin
I'd be surprised if it does cover that. It's not something I've come across before, and I've dealt with player injury claims from the Netherlands. My gut tells me it's the players themselves that are covered for their medical bills and potential loss of earnings.
Andy
It all comes down to the optional extras on policies but I expect that would only cover the players wage so that then frees up that cost to pay for someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk