THE FOOL ON THE HILL ?

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ben3
Chris FGR wrote:
Ben3 wrote:Unbelievable - will the last person to leave please turn the lights out

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/s ... n=sharebar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Would you like any of them?

They're all free to a good home. :lol:
I'm sure we'll pick the cream of the crop over the summer, and vince can show how big his 'wallet' is by buying our cast offs :D :lol:
Horteng
Mark Cooper has to be the worst man manager in football surely?

Telling a player he's no longer required whilst recovering from injury? Wow that's low....
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Horteng wrote:Mark Cooper has to be the worst man manager in football surely?

Telling a player he's no longer required whilst recovering from injury? Wow that's low....
It’s low and just shows up Cooper as a piece of sh!t.
longmover
i know money talks but are players going to want to play for fgr if Cooper is there? With the way he is treating players at the moment.
everyman
Horteng wrote:Mark Cooper has to be the worst man manager in football surely?

Compare that with how we deal with our staff,Jonte Smith a good example who could have been dumped.You reap what you sow ?
Shade
longmover wrote:i know money talks but are players going to want to play for fgr if Cooper is there? With the way he is treating players at the moment.
I've often wondered why anyone would want to play for Steve Evans. I'm not sure that they do but the players all need jobs.
Ihearye
Shade wrote:
longmover wrote:i know money talks but are players going to want to play for fgr if Cooper is there? With the way he is treating players at the moment.
I've often wondered why anyone would want to play for Steve Evans. I'm not sure that they do but the players all need jobs.
Point in case lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im1GzgQ_3zc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
This sort of thing happened under Gary Johnson and to a lesser extent under Steve Cottrell. It's not that uncommon but when it gets out to the press it's usually because the manager is under a lot of pressure.
Ihearye
go on have some fun https://mmu.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/fgr-supporters" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
:lol: I would love to see some of the responses that gets :lol:
Ihearye
Shade wrote::lol: I would love to see some of the responses that gets :lol:
I think your views will be equally welcome :)
Ben3
They keep losing but they'll hang on to him, sack him on the 21st march and get the 'new manager bounce' against us JUST TO SPITE US :roll:
King giraffe iii
Ben3 wrote:They keep losing but they'll hang on to him, sack him on the 21st march and get the 'new manager bounce' against us JUST TO SPITE US :roll:
I think you need to get over the idea that DV is out to get CTFC. It's not about spiting CTFC or winning matches against any club on the pitch. By and large, both are irrelevant to DV.

It is about doing things differently to other football clubs.
It is about getting publicity for himself and his business.
It is about his personal legacy.

If it involves sticking by a tired manager who is devoid of ideas then that is what he will do to be different. If it involves needlessly relocating a football club to the motorway so he can get the go ahead for his business park then that is what he will do. He has no qualms about who he upsets (it wasn't long ago he wanted to turn Stroud's subscription rooms into offices) and likes to manufacture situations for the publicity it gains him. It keeps the names Dale Vince and Ecotricity in the public mind.
Ben3
My post wasn't aimed at DV, more a generic swipe at FGR for being 'out to get us'. But whilst we're here I'd appreciate your genuine opinion KG...

The FGR message board is hilarious - put it on BBC 3 and it would win prizes for comedy. But it's telling that three months ago disquiet was with DV...now people have moved to on to saying DV is ace and aiming all their bile at cooper.

What's your opinion on that? It's moved from DV is ruining the club to 'it's all coopers fault'. What do you think?
King giraffe iii
Ben3 wrote:My post wasn't aimed at DV, more a generic swipe at FGR for being 'out to get us'. But whilst we're here I'd appreciate your genuine opinion KG...

The FGR message board is hilarious - put it on BBC 3 and it would win prizes for comedy. But it's telling that three months ago disquiet was with DV...now people have moved to on to saying DV is ace and aiming all their bile at cooper.

What's your opinion on that? It's moved from DV is ruining the club to 'it's all coopers fault'. What do you think?
No worries.

My opinion? Dissenters generally like to be kind to decision makers - regardless of previous concerns - when attempting to influence them. I think it's much more interesting that the fawns like Kentstripe and Lady Magpie have started to publicly express a belief that things aren't right. That's not easy for them to do and tells me a lot.

Who knows, your visit to Nailsworth might finally convince DV to take action at the final whistle?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
14 points ahead of these jokers now. Close the thread.
Ben3
Ive just realised that we all need to be really nice to the circus on the hill.

Next six games include these five - Swindon, Northampton, Cheltenham, Plymouth and Crewe.

Come on you clowns, you owe it to football in the county to do the right thing
Shade
Blimey, that's a long losing streak.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I can imagine the interview with Bob Hunt:

“So Mark, lost to Crewe today after five defeats in the last six. Do you think you can turn this around?”

“Look at the teams Bob, they are all in the top six, no team would get much from them, but we had more than enough chances to win the games, we should have won the games and would have if our strikers hadn’t missed chances and the goalkeeper hadn’t let the other teams shots in, so based on that I am confident I can turn it around, it is just five games against very good sides and I am the one and have what it takes”.

“And what about the run of just 2 wins in 19 games before that?”

“F*ck off Bob you fat f*ck I am not being sacked and I am going nowhere. And that goes out to the f*cking plebs in the f*cking South Stand as well. It’s the players’ fault not mine so f*cking support them you f*cks”.
King giraffe iii
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I can imagine the interview with Bob Hunt:

“So Mark, lost to Crewe today after five defeats in the last six. Do you think you can turn this around?”

“Look at the teams Bob, they are all in the top six, no team would get much from them, but we had more than enough chances to win the games, we should have won the games and would have if our strikers hadn’t missed chances and the goalkeeper hadn’t let the other teams shots in, so based on that I am confident I can turn it around, it is just five games against very good sides and I am the one and have what it takes”.

“F*ck off Bob you fat f*ck I am not being sacked and I am going nowhere. And that goes out to the f*cking plebs in the f*cking South Stand as well. It’s the players’ fault not mine so f*cking support them you f*cks”.
Very good!
Horteng
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I can imagine the interview with Bob Hunt:

LOL quite accurate that.

I don't however believe Bob interviews him anymore. Maybe that was a request from MC?
Horteng
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:14 points ahead of these jokers now. Close the thread.
Quite some turn around given that we always seemed to be 3-5 points behind them earlier in the season.
Shade
Horteng wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:14 points ahead of these jokers now. Close the thread.
Quite some turn around given that we always seemed to be 3-5 points behind them earlier in the season.
I believe it was actually up to 9 points at one stage...reminiscent of the NL title winning season where they went off like a steam train and we ended up beating them by 12 points.
Ihearye
Anybody any idea who that lady magpie is on the FGR forum. She defines. Kafaesque
CTFCfan99
Good result for them today.
ctfc-fan
Ihearye wrote:Anybody any idea who that lady magpie is on the FGR forum. She defines. Kafaesque
Heather Cook

https://365project.org/ladymagpie/profile
Ralph
stick her next to Old Turn Coat and they would look quite the pair :lol:
Ihearye
ctfc-fan wrote:
Ihearye wrote:Anybody any idea who that lady magpie is on the FGR forum. She defines. Kafaesque
Heather Cook

https://365project.org/ladymagpie/profile
I think I can call myself a Mad Pensioner, always having fun and making people laugh
https://images.app.goo.gl/UQyCmSxUuuQavrDi8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ihearye
Ralph wrote:stick her next to Old Turn Coat and they would look quite the pair :lol:
I take it all back, I for one wouldnt argue with her!!!!
Robin
Here's hoping FGR can get back to winning ways next week and do us a favour.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Here's hoping FGR can get back to winning ways next week and do us a favour.
We don’t need favours. Win our games and we are up regardless of what others do.
ctfc-fan
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Robin wrote:Here's hoping FGR can get back to winning ways next week and do us a favour.
We don’t need favours. Win our games and we are up regardless of what others do.
Not exactly. If the top three win all their games too then we’re in the play offs...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Not exactly. If the top three win all their games too then we’re in the play offs...
Exeter play Crewe on Tuesday. So impossible for them to both win - no matter what the result on Tuesday, we would overtake one of them if we win the resulting game in hand.

And one of our games is against Exeter, so we win all our games by default Exeter lose one.
The Old TomCat
Wehay, the planned new stadium at Eco Park is not being called in by the government.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... fxCQC6cVy2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good news for home and away supporters. :D
Sprout Picker
The Old TomCat wrote:Wehay, the planned new stadium at Eco Park is not being called in by the government.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... fxCQC6cVy2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good news for home and away supporters. :D
What colours are you planning on wearing there?