2018/19 accounts

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Some details here: http://bit.ly/201819Accounts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
Slightly concerning we only made a small profit given the Pell money and possibly the Eisa money would have come into the club at this time or would they be the following years accounts?
kags
Guessing we spent it all on paying off GJ, and then going with a big squad including a few loans until end of season.
Also clearing down some significant loans.
Red Duke
Paying off the loans would have the reduced the profitability, it would aslo have the benefit of reducing the tax bill.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Duff and Varney won’t be cheap. Not Reid.

Ultimately, any profit in lower league football has to be viewed as great achievement. I suspect you can count the other profitable clubs on two hands.
leohoenig
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Duff and Varney won’t be cheap. Not Reid.

Ultimately, any profit in lower league football has to be viewed as great achievement. I suspect you can count the other profitable clubs on two hands.
One Hand - Port Vale, Luton, FGR, Newport County and Yeovil - although these are 2017-18 figures.
Not many clubs released 2018-19 yet, with only one reporting a profit so far
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
leohoenig wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Duff and Varney won’t be cheap. Not Reid.

One Hand - Port Vale, Luton, FGR, Newport County and Yeovil - although these are 2017-18 figures.
Not many clubs released 2018-19 yet, with only one reporting a profit so far
FGR accounts for 18-19 are released and show a big loss. News article here: https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/ ... -accounts/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I pasted a direct link to the accounts in the Fool on The Hill thread.
Book Keeper
Red Duke wrote:Paying off the loans would have the reduced the profitability, it would aslo have the benefit of reducing the tax bill.
For any non-accountants out there (and I'm guessing that includes Mr Duke), loans are a Balance Sheet item not a Profit and Loss Account item.
Therefore, paying off loans would not reduce profit nor reduce the tax bill!
Book Keeper
For me, one of the most interesting disclosures was that £47,500 was incurred "acquiring player registrations" in the 12 months to 31/05/2019.
We paid [undisclosed] fees for Addai and Duku that year, but everyone else that came in was on a free..........
ctfc-fan
Book Keeper wrote:
Red Duke wrote:Paying off the loans would have the reduced the profitability, it would aslo have the benefit of reducing the tax bill.
For any non-accountants out there (and I'm guessing that includes Mr Duke), loans are a Balance Sheet item not a Profit and Loss Account item.
Therefore, paying off loans would not reduce profit nor reduce the tax bill!
Depends if it’s a directors loan or a loan player he means as both would have a different effect on the accounts.
paperboy
Book Keeper wrote:For me, one of the most interesting disclosures was that £47,500 was incurred "acquiring player registrations" in the 12 months to 31/05/2019.
We paid [undisclosed] fees for Addai and Duku that year, but everyone else that came in was on a free..........
Pure guess,but might it be agent fees?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
paperboy wrote:
Book Keeper wrote:For me, one of the most interesting disclosures was that £47,500 was incurred "acquiring player registrations" in the 12 months to 31/05/2019.
Pure guess,but might it be agent fees?
Almost certainly. Plus signing on fees.