Colchester United v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Robin
Will you be changing allegiances again if we are in league one next season and FGR in the bottom half of league two with 1400 home fans?
Ihearye
The Old TomCat wrote:Game off at TNL so listened to Cheltenham at Colchester.
I predicted a draw as match result onTIR’s prediction competition so dropped 10 pts but did forecast May as first scorer so gained 5 pts that ensures I stay top of table. :D
In fact it was only Red Duke who forecast an away win.

One guy got himself a name check on BBC Gloucester. He used to be a work colleague of mine and I had totally forgotten that he was a devoted Cheltenham supporter. Good friend of mine all those years ago.

Good result for Cheltenham, overtaking Plymouth and now only one point from auto promotion.
Commentator said May scored against run of play and might have even been off side. It was later confirmed as a good goal.
Commentator said Cheltenham had a stone cold penalty claim turned down which MD was not happy about.

FGR also got more than one name check throughout the programme. :D

This result has moved my thoughts that Cheltenham could well be auto promoted and if so I wish them well. :)
DILLIGAF
Ihearye
Robin wrote:Will you be changing allegiances again if we are in league one next season and FGR in the bottom half of league two with 1400 home fans?
Given that DV will be signing a massive sponsorship deal with Southern Comfort and the drop in home fans. The new stadium will be renamed as the Suffer'in Comfort Stadium
The Old TomCat
Robin wrote:Will you be changing allegiances again if we are in league one next season and FGR in the bottom half of league two with 1400 home fans?
C'mon now, I posted a supportive message.
My former favourite club [to which I retain a lot of love] did not play today.
Arsenal are in same position as FGR: 10th in Premiership.

And yes I will continue supporting FGR through thick and thin and you've done for your club.
Good away numbers at the fixture. Well done to them in this bad weather.
The Old TomCat
Ihearye wrote:
Given that DV will be signing a massive sponsorship deal with Southern Comfort and the drop in home fans. The new stadium will be renamed as the Suffer'in Comfort Stadium
Enjoy your win and don't worry about others.
Ihearye
The Old TomCat wrote:
Ihearye wrote:
Enjoy your win and don't worry about others.
worry ???? that was never an emotion as far as other teams are concerned, only focus now is Swindle