coronovirus

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ihearye
King giraffe iii wrote:
Ihearye wrote:KG and it is not my fault you can't take in facts. the prevention of 'transmission amplification events'. was always declared as being an option. The skill is deciding when it can be best used to keep the figures AUC. Maybe if you listened to what the Bozp' said, you may learn something. But I forgot they are liars and cronies
I've taken in facts, simple. It's taken this long to close schools. Too late where I work. I'm on 14 days self-isolation now as with the rest of the staff. God knows how many kids exposed and potentially having spread it to family. And what of the people they've come into contact with? But, yes, schools were 'a safe environment'. Oh well.
Safe was always spoken off in terms of those catching the virus, being in the group (pupils and staff), where it would appear as mild. Not that they were immune to catching it.
Your example is a perfect scenario, you are healthy, you get it, you self isolate and 14 days later you are back in civilisation again. A lot of people will catch it, some may be sicker than others and sadly a small % will find it fatal
King giraffe iii
Ihearye wrote:
King giraffe iii wrote:
Ihearye wrote:KG and it is not my fault you can't take in facts. the prevention of 'transmission amplification events'. was always declared as being an option. The skill is deciding when it can be best used to keep the figures AUC. Maybe if you listened to what the Bozp' said, you may learn something. But I forgot they are liars and cronies
I've taken in facts, simple. It's taken this long to close schools. Too late where I work. I'm on 14 days self-isolation now as with the rest of the staff. God knows how many kids exposed and potentially having spread it to family. And what of the people they've come into contact with? But, yes, schools were 'a safe environment'. Oh well.
Safe was always spoken off in terms of those catching the virus, being in the group (pupils and staff), where it would appear as mild. Not that they were immune to catching it.
Your example is a perfect scenario, you are healthy, you get it, you self isolate and 14 days later you are back in civilisation again. A lot of people will catch it, some may be sicker than others and sadly a small % will find it fatal
A perfect scenario? You're for real, right?

Take a look at the first model in the Washington Post article. That's the schools, that's the closest we have to general society at present.

You're assuming I'm healthy. Am I? Meanwhile, what about those people I was in contact with earlier in the week? What about those staff members not long recovered from serious illness? Those beyond retirement age? It's a myth that everyone in a school is healthy. That doesn't even mention the people those kids have been in contact with. Maybe one of them is a Patient 31.

At least Bozo is finally starting to realise that sitting on your hands isn't helping. That's progress. Maybe he'll finally get off his backside and order restaurants and pubs to close? Asking them clearly isn't very effective. Maybe he'll even start pulling cases out, tracing them back and isolating them? I hope so.
Ihearye
no point in having a sensible discussion with you. If the government had introduced internment on teh first day they would have been wrong, if they had closed down civilisation on the first day, they would have been wrong. if they had built a ICU in your back garden they would have been wrong. Like with Robin, there is no evidence to show who is doing anything right or wrong. Obviously you have access to other evidence. Bye
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Re the above spat. I believe you are both as expert in medical science and disease modelling as I am - i.e not at all. So you are both just using opinion not science.

I would personally defer to experts, whether the WHO, the chap from UCL, the Imperial Report, or this fellow who is editor of the Lancet:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... vice-wrong" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SHANDY VOR
Personally I'm not too bothered about the illness, more about the world it leaves behind. The communicative world we live in is whipping up a frenzy of fear which is dismantling the foundations of society. We will come back from the disease in the next few months, but the world shock will take years, maybe decades. That seems to be perverse.

In a few weeks when people are oversaturated they will stop listening to the media when it is probably most important to do so, and I bet you people will think f#!$ it and start going back outside and mixing. The raw ingredients for civil unrest will be there.
The Old TomCat
King giraffe iii wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:
King giraffe iii wrote:[ You ought to team up with OTC, he's getting his knickers in a twist elsewhere about us members of the supposed question the supposed fifth column who dare question the current inaction.
KG, keep my name out of your posts.
I've not posted on TRN and don't really want to.
If you have issue, please reply on correct forum.
I don't have an account on that forum, OTC. I don't intend post on any forum where it is deemed acceptable for you, OTC, to make cringeworthy racist 'jokes' about the Chinese.

By the way OTC, you've said you've not posted on here [correct, not on this particular thread] but your user profile suggests otherwise. In fact you've only got to do a search to find you've left plenty of posts here.
WTF are you picking an argument with me?
It was you who first brought up my name on TRN and I asked you not to.
The fact is your reply is a load of old cobblers and I'm not getting involved in a ding dong with you.

BTW have you resolved your dispute with FGR?
I doubt it because the truth is you DID try to land a punch on the security guy and then lied about it.
andgarod
Attention moderators Get OTC off permanently

I used to argue in his defense - free speech and all that but the last post is way out of order

Ban him
The Old TomCat
andgarod wrote:Attention moderators Get OTC off permanently

I used to argue in his defense - free speech and all that but the last post is way out of order

Ban him
ATTENTION ANDGAROD
Please reread previous posts.
I had no intention of posting on this thread but my name was brought by another who told a load of false claptrap about me.
It is him who you should be asking to get banned.
asl
Just turned on the BBC news and there's coverage of a science & medical advisors briefing. The CMO has just said: "It's easy to look back with hindsight and say 'I wish we'd done things differently'."

So that seems like an acknowledgement of that the initial UK policy was, indeed, suboptimal. Maybe everyone else was right, after all... Hey, ho.
Shade
It doesn't seem like one to me. In what context did he say it? What led him to saying it?

It's just a statement of truth. It IS easy to look back with hindsight and say that about anything. We might look back and say that. It might be Italy, France and Spain, who all have a lot more cases than us so far, that looks back and says that - they're probably saying it now. OR maybe they're just getting the f#!$ on with things the best they can and not being little bitches about it.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Interesting piece about Singapore and how they “stayed one step ahead of the virus”.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-51866102" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
Ihearye wrote:no point in having a sensible discussion with you. If the government had introduced internment on teh first day they would have been wrong, if they had closed down civilisation on the first day, they would have been wrong. if they had built a ICU in your back garden they would have been wrong. Like with Robin, there is no evidence to show who is doing anything right or wrong. Obviously you have access to other evidence. Bye
Maybe time to consider you could be wrong on this topic? Whilst I would never suggest anyone cannot have an opinion our government seemed to be going against all advice from the experts then had to back track rapidly in recent days. Pretty every person I speak with can see this was the wrong approach.
King giraffe iii
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Re the above spat. I believe you are both as expert in medical science and disease modelling as I am - i.e not at all. So you are both just using opinion not science.

I would personally defer to experts, whether the WHO, the chap from UCL, the Imperial Report, or this fellow who is editor of the Lancet:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... vice-wrong" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spot on. They're the people I prefer to listen to.
King giraffe iii
The Old TomCat wrote:
WTF are you picking an argument with me?
It was you who first brought up my name on TRN and I asked you not to.
The fact is your reply is a load of old cobblers and I'm not getting involved in a ding dong with you.

BTW have you resolved your dispute with FGR?
I doubt it because the truth is you DID try to land a punch on the security guy and then lied about it.
Cobblers? Not my fault your jokes made everyone cringe because they're unacceptable.

Keep making it up OTC. It's your usual course of action. When things are safer I'll invite you to view the full CCTV footage then you can either apologise in writing on here or I'll put some donkey ears and a saddle on you and you can take kids for a ride up and down Lower High Street. Sounds like a good offer to me, but I think you'll have sore knees. Something tells me you're not going to accept.
Ihearye
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Re the above spat. I believe you are both as expert in medical science and disease modelling as I am - i.e not at all. So you are both just using opinion not science.

Like with Robin, there is no evidence to show who is doing anything right or wrong.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:

Like with Robin, there is no evidence to show who is doing anything right or wrong.
Indeed. One scientists model is different from another. Won’t be until we come out the other side and all data from around the world is available that scientists can identify what would have been the most effective and ideal policy intervention at every stage of the pandemic from start to finish. Chances are there will be strengths and weaknesses of the approach taken by every country.
longmover
the BBC seem to think DV has a pretty strong grasp of the situation, in the world of football there is nobody else to talk to apart from that berk.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51962751" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
DV panicking about finances obviously so rather than admit the club’s problems goes on the attack blaming authorities and calling them names etc as always. And I guess he is doing this to try and pressurise the EFL into giving FGR a hefty whack from their emergency fund, and then when they don’t after taking umbrage at this latest tirade he can blame them and insult them even more. Classic DV.

Could be a silver lining if FGR is killed off in its current form by COVID-19.
The Old TomCat
King giraffe iii wrote:
Cobblers? Not my fault your jokes made everyone cringe because they're unacceptable.

Keep making it up OTC. It's your usual course of action. When things are safer I'll invite you to view the full CCTV footage then you can either apologise in writing on here or I'll put some donkey ears and a saddle on you and you can take kids for a ride up and down Lower High Street. Sounds like a good offer to me, but I think you'll have sore knees. Something tells me you're not going to accept.
Oh for heaven's sake KG give up.
You have comprehensibly lost the debate.
I have not seen the alleged video where you attempted to throw a punch at a security guy but I've spoken to more than a few FGR officials who have and they all say that you did.
And that includes our Head of Security, Smudge Smith, who is a retired policeman and the former head of security at Cheltenham. So he is well known to everybody at both CTFC & FGR as an honest man. You are not.
If everybody else was mistaken as you claim why have you not taken them to court as you threatened?
[Actually don't bother answering because it will be a load of bullshine and I don't want to exchange messages with you.]
andgarod
Take it to pm
Admin get rid off him
SHANDY VOR
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:DV panicking about finances obviously so rather than admit the club’s problems goes on the attack blaming authorities and calling them names etc as always. And I guess he is doing this to try and pressurise the EFL into giving FGR a hefty whack from their emergency fund, and then when they don’t after taking umbrage at this latest tirade he can blame them and insult them even more. Classic DV.

Could be a silver lining if FGR is killed off in its current form by COVID-19.
How distasteful of you
Ralph
andgarod wrote:Take it to pm
Admin get rid off him
Done. Too many times he's ignored messages that he would be banned if he didn't give it up.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:
andgarod wrote:Take it to pm
Admin get rid off him
Done. Too many times he's ignored messages that he would be banned if he didn't give it up.
Well done Ralph. Good decision to enforce some self isolation of the rabid tom cat!
Ralph
He's had a lot of warnings from me over the last year or more both in replies to his posts and on PM's. He did have entertainment value but the forum is a better place with him gone
Malabus
Enjoy.
https://twitter.com/cheltenham_dave/sta ... 82209?s=21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:He's had a lot of warnings from me over the last year or more both in replies to his posts and on PM's. He did have entertainment value but the forum is a better place with him gone
He looks to be taking his ban badly. Look at this delusional outburst he made on their forum. What a snivelling sad act.

“With my advanced years and bad health I suspect I might not be around when the pandemic is declared over.
But I will go to my grave in the happy knowledge that since moving to Stroud and supporting FGR they have in the past five years been in four promotion play -off places, enjoyed two trips to Wembley and never lost to Cheltenham.
In fact I have enjoyed watching all four of the FGR victories over them. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I now have the honour of being banned from their forum [again].
You can check it out for yourself but they have a moderator who even some on their forum call an idiot. Hi Ralph :D
Apparently anybody can state falsehoods against me but it seems I'm not permitted to reply to them.
One can see why they have so few regular contributors as compared to the well run FGR forum.

Resume of my ban:
KG111 was losing a ding dong against another on their forum and brought my name up to try and bolster his case.
I had not contributed to that thread nor wished to do so but nevertheless KG11 slagged me off big time.
I requested he cease whereupon he upped his offensive tirade against me.
For those who know KG111 will remember he stopped supporting FGR under a very dark cloud.
Since then he has had nothing good to say about us.
Sad for KG111 really because he supported FGR for many years when they were playing at old ground.

KG111 left TNL after throwing a punch at a security guy and has been in self denial about it since, even though the incident was captured on CCTV.
Publicly leaving FGR made him an instant hero at Cheltenham who it seems will not counter any dissent against their new favourite.
They have yet to find out that KG111 loves stirring the pot. They will.
I leave their forum with my head held high. I have been unfairly smeared but fully truthful in reply.
In fact Ralph has done me a favour; their forum is rubbish and I had stopped contributing to it as little as I possible could.”
Ihearye
as compared to the well run FGR forum.[/color

Now there is irony for you. A forum terrorised by Lady Magpie, who would give Nadine Kleinert a fright in a dark alley and makes David Koresh look like Mother Theresa
King giraffe iii
The Old TomCat wrote:
King giraffe iii wrote:

Oh for heaven's sake KG give up.
You have comprehensibly lost the debate.
I have not seen the alleged video where you attempted to throw a punch at a security guy but I've spoken to more than a few FGR officials who have and they all say that you did.
And that includes our Head of Security, Smudge Smith, who is a retired policeman and the former head of security at Cheltenham. So he is well known to everybody at both CTFC & FGR as an honest man. You are not.
If everybody else was mistaken as you claim why have you not taken them to court as you threatened?
[Actually don't bother answering because it will be a load of bullshine and I don't want to exchange messages with you.]
So you're suggesting that I am not in possession of the full CCTV, the very same footage FGR were legally obliged to supply? I'm guessing you have possession of the CCTV showing the moon landings being filmed as well? Keep making it all up, Judas. Enjoy your ban... Eeeee-awwwww. And that's all I have to say on the matter.
asl
I bet he spoke to The Girl In The Office who told him about the flying roundhouse kick followed by the right hook and left uppercut. He knows it to be true because DV told her.
Shade
The level of drivel OTC spouts is unparalleled. And the fact he doesn't even seem to realise it is astonishing. I mean, it would be a decent joke if he was doing it for comedy value. If anybody takes him or his OTT, delusional, ill-informed, mathematically-challenged, "I spoke to the girl in the office" ramblings seriously I fear for their mental health.

Resume of my ban. :lol: You couldn't make it up.
Malabus
I have met OTC and he a charming Gentleman. Dont deserve the flack.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
King giraffe iii
Malabus wrote:I have met OTC and he a charming Gentleman. Dont deserve the flack.
He is very charming in person.
Ihearye
Excellent economic support for the entire nations workforce. Well done HMG!
Everyone at CTFC is safe
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:Excellent economic support for the entire nations workforce. Well done HMG!
Everyone at CTFC is safe
Unclear whether the 80% wages is just for the bar, cafe, etc workers or all businesses?
Ihearye
All