Same old Swindle

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
“Swindon Town could be plunged into administration if a bid to sell the club to US buyers fails, chairman Lee Power told a court. Mr Power, 47, has been taken to the High Court court by international footballer Gareth Barry’s adviser, who claims to hold a 50 per cent stake in the club, and an Australian businessman who in 2018 agreed to pay £1.1m in exchange for a 15 per cent stake. They have each obtained injunctions banning the chairman from selling Swindon Town without their approval.”

Power sounds like another football spiv fraudster. Get him out of our game:

“When the sale of former midfielder Matt Ritchie to Newcastle in 2016 netted Town £1.85m, according to court papers Mr Power was said to have told Mr Standing the money needed to go on paying back a £2m loan to former Robins owner and Betfair founder Andrew Black. It later emerged that the money was not paid to Mr Black. A judge said in a judgement on Mr Power's case: “The strong suspicion is that those monies were paid to Mr Power and not the club.”

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/new ... ale-fails/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Malabus
I've lost count the number of times they entered administration. Obviously it's a popular tactic (that works) for the overated Wiltshire shower.
Robin
Unbelieveable. I'm not saying it because they are rivals (of sorts) but this seems to happen repeatedly. They need harsh punishment like a points deduction for this, if not this season then let them start on -12 points next year ensuring they are deep in the relegation scrap.

Wasn't Power linked to an attempt to buy CTFC a decade or so back?
Ihearye
Robin wrote:Unbelieveable. I'm not saying it because they are rivals (of sorts) but this seems to happen repeatedly. They need harsh punishment like a points deduction for this, if not this season then let them start on -12 points next year ensuring they are deep in the relegation scrap.

Any points deductions 9am sure there won't be), should always be done so they impact teh current season, not the following season. So as to reward them for cheating
Robin
The problem here is this has come out after the season has been effectively concluded. I agree in principle but it has a knock on effect for other clubs.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Dock them 10 points and make them play the play offs.

Barnsley are setting a precedent, saying they will start legal action if they are relegated this season but teams in breach of FFP do not get punished until next season.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/f ... fp-2858749" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheating should not be rewarded.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Unbelieveable. I'm not saying it because they are rivals (of sorts) but this seems to happen repeatedly. They need harsh punishment like a points deduction for this, if not this season then let them start on -12 points next year ensuring they are deep in the relegation scrap.

I don’t remember if Power was, but one their previous charlatan spray tans, Jed McCrory, was linked.
SHANDY VOR
charlatan spray tans

ha!
longmover
About time these spiv teams went to the wall, never before has a place deserved the team it has.