Potential Play-offs viewing

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

longmover
Before I get shot down I (presume) these games WILL be televised and covered on radio

But, is there anywhere in Cheltenham where you can get a decent view of WR (from being outside)?

Cleeve Hill??
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Interesting.

I see Northamptonshire cricket are planning on having crowds of up to 1,500 for their T20 Blast games if/when that tournament restarts in July/August. Their capacity is usually 6,500.
Robin
I can certainly see reduce capacity and social distancing as an interim measure as we start next season, I highly doubt it will happen for the play offs though.

As for watching games, I don't believe there is a live vantage point over Whaddon Road. Cleeve Hill is too far and better situated for the race course.
Ihearye
As much as I look forward to watching CTFC in any way possible. I can't understand the logic in televising any games while telling people to not mingle. Surely one aspect of televisng games, will be groups of people getting together to watch the matches? Or does everyone think all football fans will be socially responsible and only stay at home and watch them at home? May be a cynic, but don't think social responsibility comes high in the priorities of certain sections of football support
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:As much as I look forward to watching CTFC in any way possible. I can't understand the logic in televising any games while telling people to not mingle. Surely one aspect of televisng games, will be groups of people getting together to watch the matches? Or does everyone think all football fans will be socially responsible and only stay at home and watch them at home? May be a cynic, but don't think social responsibility comes high in the priorities of certain sections of football support
Those people are probably already mingling for beers, barbecues and bad music anyway. I would hope the Government doesn’t prevent the majority of fans who are sensible from watching the games on TV due to the behaviour of a minority.
Ihearye
Robin wrote:I can certainly see reduce capacity and social distancing as an interim measure as we start next season, I highly doubt it will happen for the play offs though.

As for watching games, I don't believe there is a live vantage point over Whaddon Road. Cleeve Hill is too far and better situated for the race course.
Social distancing in a football ground willbe a real ball ache, with every supporter needing 144 Sq feet of space. Would be interesting, given that how many the CF would be allowed
Horteng
Stay at home FFS
arobinsfan
Horteng wrote:Stay at home FFS
I'm well over seventy and want my freedom back. :twisted:
Ihearye
arobinsfan wrote:
This too shall pass
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
If you care about your family like a good loving person you should do whatever you want - that is the latest Government advice pushed by multiple members of the Cabinet and Attorney General today.

So some families might drive 250 miles to look at bluebells when at least one of their household is infected, some might choose to socially distance at a local football match when none of them are infected.

If you don’t agree, take it up with the Government.
theidlerich
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
If you care about your family like a good loving person you should do whatever you want - that is the latest Government advice pushed by multiple members of the Cabinet and Attorney General today.

So some families might drive 250 miles to look at bluebells when at least one of their household is infected, some might choose to socially distance at a local football match when none of them are infected.

If you don’t agree, take it up with the Government.

If only we had one that listened, is rational, is responsible,is not hypocritical, is not deceitful....[i could go on.....]!

(ps Play-offs should not go ahead -too dangerous for all concerned...happy that we would finish 4th. :)]
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Latest from Boris Johnson live on air: it is not just legal it is a responsible act of integrity to follow your instincts and you won‘t be knocked for it.

Result!

My instinct is to watch the play offs at the stadium, wash my hands before going and then just keep two metres away from everyone else.
Ihearye
The old rule of politics - it is time to go when you are the news and not just making it
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Latest from Boris Johnson live on air: it is not just legal it is a responsible act of integrity to follow your instincts and you won‘t be knocked for it.

Result!

My instinct is to watch the play offs at the stadium, wash my hands before going and then just keep two metres away from everyone else.

You seem to be forgetting that it's not up to you whether you can access the stadium.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Latest from Boris Johnson live on air: it is not just legal it is a responsible act of integrity to follow your instincts and you won‘t be knocked for it.

Result!

You seem to be forgetting that it's not up to you whether you can access the stadium.
I will just pop on one of the masks from the front page of the Daily Star and no one can stop me.
Ihearye
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Shade wrote:

Result!

I will just pop on one of the masks from the front page of the Daily Star and no one can stop me.
Of course they can't. Just like you can pop on a mask and walk into anybody's house
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Really Ihearye? I never knew. Thanks for the info.
Robin
arobinsfan wrote:
Out of curiosity - genuinely not looking for an argument - but what freedom is it you want back? The lockdown in the UK is incredibly loose and allows us freedoms many other nations do not. For example being able to go out for walks, now (quite oddly) we can travel as far as we want and visit places too.
Ihearye
Robin wrote:
arobinsfan wrote:
Out of curiosity - genuinely not looking for an argument - but what freedom is it you want back? The lockdown in the UK is incredibly loose and allows us freedoms many other nations do not. For example being able to go out for walks, now (quite oddly) we can travel as far as we want and visit places too.
Personally, wouldn't mind the 'luxury' of both parents being able to be 6' away from our offspring at the same time. But do understand the logic (since you asked)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:
arobinsfan wrote:
What a liberal utopia that sounds.

I would like to be able to see a small number if individuals again. I am not fussed about car showrooms or going to shops, I want to be be able to travel to Cheltenham and see my family.

I have it better than most; both of us still full time working from home with no travel costs, no kids to deal with, plenty of food to buy etc, a big allotment which we have been able to go to all during lockdown, multiple miles of beaches 10 mins from our house etc but none of that makes up for not being able to travel to visit friends and family.
paperboy
If these play off matches do come to fruition it has just dawned on me that rather than view on iFollow as per ordinary league matches the play -offs are shown on Sky.
So a Sky subscription or a Now TV pass seems a likely requirement as I can't see them being free -to-air.
Maybe everyone had realised that except me :-)
Malabus
How many CTFC players will refuse to play...?
Momentum has depleted, play-offs will bring nightmares.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
paperboy wrote:If these play off matches do come to fruition it has just dawned on me that rather than view on iFollow as per ordinary league matches the play -offs are shown on Sky.
So a Sky subscription or a Now TV pass seems a likely requirement as I can't see them being free -to-air.
Maybe everyone had realised that except me :-)
It didn’t escape my notice when we changed from Freeview to Youview a few weeks ago. I now have access to NowTV and will be happy to pay. It would cost money to travel and buy a ticket for both games and a NowTV pass will be cheaper I suspect so no qualms from me.