players back

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

arobinsfan
theidlerich wrote:
ctfc-fan wrote:It will probably be no fans allowed but 20,000 corporate sponsors all in for free and sat next to each other living it up on prawn sandwiches, none of whom have any interest in the actual match.
..add in The Cabinet, the rest of the Tory MP's, all those holding or involved in 'off shore tax avoidance schemes, oh.. and that well known traveller eye-sight challenged Castle fixated guy.... great idea...bring it on!
I to was interested in this debate, now i can't be bothered. I can hear all that c!#p on LBC give us a break, let's keep it about football.
CTFCfan99
Yeah let's maybe try to keep this place free from political debate...there's enough of that elsewhere online :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
arobinsfan wrote:
theidlerich wrote:
ctfc-fan wrote:It will probably be no fans allowed but 20,000 corporate sponsors all in for free and sat next to each other living it up on prawn sandwiches, none of whom have any interest in the actual match.
..add in The Cabinet, the rest of the Tory MP's, all those holding or involved in 'off shore tax avoidance schemes, oh.. and that well known traveller eye-sight challenged Castle fixated guy.... great idea...bring it on!
I to was interested in this debate, now i can't be bothered. I can hear all that c!#p on LBC give us a break, let's keep it about football.
Hard to talk about football without talking about Coronavirus or the Government decisions on Coronavirus. They haven’t actually approved the restart of football in June yet, for example.
arobinsfan
Gloucestershire Live is reporting that the R-Rate is near 1.2, level in the County if true what difference will that make to the game being played at Whaddon Road?
Artemis
Ihearye wrote:
On that topic, I read an informative ( was going to say interesting lol), article by some expert on the SAGE panel yesterday, re outdoor crowds. The general gist was that, once we are at a stage of allowing outdoor 'crowds / gatherings'. The actual size of the size of the crowd is not as significant as you would think, in relation to the spreading of the virus. Seems the risks are more or lerss the same for small crowds and large crowds. As it is the proximity and interaction that matters. That's why most infections are from family and close friends.
It depends on how much movement there is amongst the crowd. Less movement, fewer people to spread any infection to. A large crowd slowly mingling in a confined space.....bad
A large crowd but largely static.....less bad
A small crowd also largely static...little difference from the large crowd
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Artemis wrote:
Ihearye wrote:
On that topic, I read an informative ( was going to say interesting lol), article by some expert on the SAGE panel yesterday, re outdoor crowds. The general gist was that, once we are at a stage of allowing outdoor 'crowds / gatherings'. The actual size of the size of the crowd is not as significant as you would think, in relation to the spreading of the virus. Seems the risks are more or lerss the same for small crowds and large crowds. As it is the proximity and interaction that matters. That's why most infections are from family and close friends.
It depends on how much movement there is amongst the crowd. Less movement, fewer people to spread any infection to. A large crowd slowly mingling in a confined space.....bad
Transmission by touch and hand is still a major problem. If someone who is infected touches a hand rail on the stairs or the toilet door handle then everyone who touches that could be infected.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Confirmed today. All sport can commence behind closed doors from first of June.
Artemis
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Artemis wrote:
Ihearye wrote: On that topic, I read an informative ( was going to say interesting lol), article by some expert on the SAGE panel yesterday, re outdoor crowds. The general gist was that, once we are at a stage of allowing outdoor 'crowds / gatherings'. The actual size of the size of the crowd is not as significant as you would think, in relation to the spreading of the virus. Seems the risks are more or lerss the same for small crowds and large crowds. As it is the proximity and interaction that matters. That's why most infections are from family and close friends.
Transmission by touch and hand is still a major problem. If someone who is infected touches a hand rail on the stairs or the toilet door handle then everyone who touches that could be infected.
As I said, less movement of people even in a large crowd, fewer transmissions....which makes ingress and egress from the ground and the use of handrails interesting. If 1000 people all use the same way in and out, then that's a crowd of 1000 for transmission purposes.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Open the big gates in each corner of the ground. One positive outcome could be football fans start to be treated like humans and trusted to use big open gates, rather than herded like cattle into milking crates.

250 people in each of the four big gates, staggered entry times from 2pm onwards, and you hardly have any crowding at entry points. Orderly staggered exiting too at the end of the match.
asl
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Orderly staggered exiting too at the end of the match.
You have met People, haven't you...?
SHANDY VOR
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Confirmed today. All sport can commence behind closed doors from first of June.
All sports?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Confirmed today. All sport can commence behind closed doors from first of June.
All sports?
Correct:

“Domestic competitive sport behind closed doors will be allowed from Monday, the UK government says.

The 'phase three' guidance paves the way for live sport to return on 1 June for the first time since mid-March.

It is up to individual sports to assess the risk, and consult athletes, coaches and support staff.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/52862637" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SHANDY VOR
Unfortunately for my chabbies, and us proud parents, grass roots football seems a million miles away. Sport is open for a small number, under very strict conditions that 99% of sportsmen cannot meet. Not saying they should be allowed, just wanted to burst the illusion that we can all get back to competitive recreation.

Sport is for the masses, but not for quite some time yet.
SHANDY VOR
Sorry should have said sports persons!