Cheltenham Town fans have your say!

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

GamePlan
I’m a University student and currently studying the effects that Coronavirus (COVID-19) will have on football clubs. Cheltenham Town is one of these clubs however our survey results so far show that Cheltenham Town fans are unrepresented compared to other clubs. If you could fill out this survey that will help the club transition out of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, I would appreciate it massively.

https://interceptum.com/s/en/GamePlanFanSurvey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ben3
I enjoyed that, especially the question where I had to choose between 'Slightly safe'; 'Safe' and 'Fairly safe'.

Can one feel slightly safe? I've never heard the two words put together before. And is slightly safe more or less safe than 'Safe' and 'Fairly safe'?

If I was using the word hot I'd go 'hot' (being the hottest) followed by 'fairly hot' and then 'slightly hot'.

But I'm not sure you can feel 'slightly safe'. I'm not sure why, it just doesn't sit well as a phrase. I liken it to being 'Slightly dead'...but then 'fairly dead' just about works in a jokey sort of way, but 'fairly safe' definitely does work.

I wish I'd never read it to be honest. I'm having a nightmare here
GamePlan
Thank you for your feedback and thank you for completing the survey Ben3.
tunnelvision
Ben3 wrote:I enjoyed that, especially the question where I had to choose between 'Slightly safe'; 'Safe' and 'Fairly safe'.

Can one feel slightly safe? I've never heard the two words put together before. And is slightly safe more or less safe than 'Safe' and 'Fairly safe'?
I had a problem with some of the similar questions too i.e. slightly important, important, fairly important. To my mind the order should be slightly important, fairly important, important etc. However, assuming that the answers are ranked in increasing levels of 'importance', then it's straightforward, even if it seems a bit illogical to me.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
tunnelvision wrote:
Ben3 wrote:I enjoyed that, especially the question where I had to choose between 'Slightly safe'; 'Safe' and 'Fairly safe'.

I had a problem with some of the similar questions too i.e. slightly important, important, fairly important. To my mind the order should be slightly important, fairly important, important etc. However, assuming that the answers are ranked in increasing levels of 'importance', then it's straightforward, even if it seems a bit illogical to me.
I felt the same. Also, as someone who has used a lot of Likert scale questions for research, I felt the options were lopsided and unbalanced towards the positive. I feel a more robust approach would have been to use this approach in general:

Not at all important
Fairly unimportant
Neither important or unimportant
Fairly important
Very important
Ben3
That's a fairly fair effort RCS, but a little bit predictable for my liking. I'd have preferred something a bit more creative, inviting metaphor and simile.

For example: 'How safe do you feel attending home matches?'

a) as safe as houses
b) as safe as the Bank of England
c) as safe as a fish in a barrel

I like this approach as it is equally up to the responder and the interviewer to interpret the results' meaning, the language used and indeed the question itself. Or something even more interpretive:

'How safe you do feel attending home matches?'

a) 7.3
b) Very
c) Pigs in blankets