Season tickets: 2020-2021

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Leckyfan
Tickets on sale (renewals only)!

Got an email just now with link to online sales, prepopulated with relevant details (name, usual seat).

Was slightly confused that the ‘order’ was dated in March, but once I got past that all went fine.

Ticked booked and paid. Well done CTFC!
Leckyfan
...or maybe not JUST renewals? Web portal is currently offering me new season tickets (in limited areas only - the same block I just renewed in Colin Farmer stand (BLK 5), plus Singing Section (now moved to BLK 1) and Family Section (BLK C) in Autovillage Stand.)

I suspect a bug in the logic of the Glitnir web portal.
Fuller
Can two members of the same family who have sat together for years in the same seats still do that?
andgarod
I am trying to renew in block A autovillage and am only getting a choice of singing , block 5 CF or autovillage family
Like you I assume there is a bug
The ST FAQs on the club site implies family sitting together in a bubble may be possible
The problem is by 12th Sept or later the facts will have changed ( not clubs fault)

All we need are a few signings to make a match on 1st of August when the players are back
Leckyfan
Fuller wrote:Can two members of the same family who have sat together for years in the same seats still do that?
I don’t see why you shouldn’t be able to renew those same seats. There is no sign currently that seating allocation takes any account of (predicted) new requirements for social distancing, just a warning (in the FAQs, on website) that you might have to be moved from your usual seat. Bits relevant to you are:
——-
Can I sit next to my family at games?

We are currently looking into designating seating together for families who qualify as being in the same bubble.

Will I be able to sit in my usual seat?

There is a possibility because of the measures we are having to put in for social distancing that you won’t be guaranteed your usual seat. We are still waiting on further guidance but will do our best to ensure you’re seated where you normally like to sit where possible.
Andy
I have renewed our three season tickets for the same seats (next to each other). Obviously though it will depend on club rules at the time which will be following any recent guidance at that time as it’s still a few months away.

The club can’t say much (hence no printout leaflets this year re season ticket sales) as everything changes from day to day at the moment.

The singing block is moving to Block 1 of CF stand so the family area that was there is moving to the main Autovillage stand I think.

Strange though that my ST renewal gave me the choice / a link to either renew or to move seats from Block 2 due to the singing section in 1, however my two sons season tickets next to me only had a link to renew only, not a choice to move seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Robin
Fuller wrote:Can two members of the same family who have sat together for years in the same seats still do that?
My understanding is yes.
andgarod
job done
Thanks Tim
now get those players in duffo
COYR
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Andy wrote:I have renewed our three season tickets for the same seats (next to each other). Obviously though it will depend on club rules at the time which will be following any recent guidance at that time as it’s still a few months away.

The club can’t say much (hence no printout leaflets this year re season ticket sales) as everything changes from day to day at the moment.

The singing block is moving to Block 1 of CF stand so the family area that was there is moving to the main Autovillage stand I think.

Strange though that my ST renewal gave me the choice / a link to either renew or to move seats from Block 2 due to the singing section in 1, however my two sons season tickets next to me only had a link to renew only, not a choice to move seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just have the option to renew my usual seat.
Shade
I think renewing the same seats is just for when and if we can go back to normal. So many ST holders around and next to where I sit that we can't possibly all sit in the same places. Start in block 2 of the CF stand and move everyone down the necessary number of seats, starting with the back row?

There will be a nice even spread of fans around the ground, anyway, if a little sparse.
andgarod
take your cutout along and put him/her/it on the set next to you and that will put another 1000 in the seats and you will not feel so lonely, as long as the players realise that they are not seeing double :lol:
Si Robin
The singing block being moved means myself and my group will all be moving - which is a pain in the ass. I loved my season ticket seat.

I have nothing against the 1887 lot, they make a good noise, but with a couple of our group being either quite frail or very young, getting up past them really isn't an option. Looks like they're offering me block 5 only though.
Leckyfan
Si Robin wrote:The singing block being moved means myself and my group will all be moving - which is a pain in the ass. I loved my season ticket seat.

I have nothing against the 1887 lot, they make a good noise, but with a couple of our group being either quite frail or very young, getting up past them really isn't an option. Looks like they're offering me block 5 only though.
Surely block 5 (just past half-way line, into the Whaddon Road half) offers a better view of the whole pitch than block 1 (stuck in one of the corners)?

Each to his own - but fingers crossed your group might find you like your new seats better, once you get used to the different perspective.
Si Robin
I'm sure it does, but I quite liked our spot in the corner, on the edge of the row. We always had a great view when attacking the C&G.

As I said, it is what it is.
Ben3
There has been quite a significant price increase for those of us with children. Last season, through the Cheltenham youth league, we got an adult and child season ticket (with a free shirt!) for £250. This season it will cost £420, or £469. (This depends on whether my ticket, through the Chelt youth league, entitled me to a 'renewal' or not now that that they are no longer doing those tickets.)

This will mean I won't get a season ticket, and neither will my lad, and we'll probably go to about 5 games (based on cost).

I'm not feeling sorry for myself - as a person I feel well off and able to make decisions between 'luxury' items like football tickets. But, as the stadium will not be full, it does mean the club lose about £115 from me, and also from the benefit of getting that money up front (I guess my five attendances will equal about £135). Catering will also be down as my lad always buys something.

I'm glad it's not down to me but the balancing act here, purely in terms of the bottom line, must be tricky. I guess if a few people like me feel well enough off and do buy the more expensive tickets then it will equal out and possibly better the loss from me.
Shade
I was going to say, with a small capacity they're likely to sell the tickets anyway, and possibly to two adults, so more money overall.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Another reason to add to the long list of reasons for not having kids.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Renewed mine! COYR
Shade
Renewed x2. So much easier than filling out the forms.
Malabus
Shade wrote:Renewed x2. So much easier than filling out the forms.
I will do mine in the week.
Is purchasing renewals a straight-forward task when using the online ticketing service?
itsallbollox
I'm a pensioner and have had the same seat in the Colin Farmer stand since it was built, last season I didn't ask for a refund of the games we didn't see because of covid 19.
I want to renew again this season but when are we likely to see any games ??. Also being asked to pay for a full season ticket up front not knowing how many games we will miss. As a pensioner money is tight and struggling to find the full amount by this Friday, could they not do a two part season ticket so when the second part is due they would know how many we didn't see and adjust accordingly.

Waiting to be shot down in flames.
Malabus
I can’t seem to pick the ‘Speedy Skips Stand’. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202008 ... dab947.jpg[/img]
Robin
A friend had a similar issue Mal, he contacted the club and it was all sorted.
Malabus
Robin wrote:A friend had a similar issue Mal, he contacted the club and it was all sorted.
Thanks, Robin.
I will email the ticket office.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
itsallbollox wrote:I'm a pensioner and have had the same seat in the Colin Farmer stand since it was built, last season I didn't ask for a refund of the games we didn't see because of covid 19.
I want to renew again this season but when are we likely to see any games ??. Also being asked to pay for a full season ticket up front not knowing how many games we will miss. As a pensioner money is tight and struggling to find the full amount by this Friday, could they not do a two part season ticket so when the second part is due they would know how many we didn't see and adjust accordingly.

It is a balancing act. The Club need to budget and have certainty of cash flow after all. Adjusting prices or giving refunds mid-season is tough in that respect.

My previous suggestion of enabling your seat to be sold for games you can’t attend would enable you to recoup some of your outlay at least.

In the information about season tickets the wording seemed to indicate they expect fans to be able to attend from game one. Maybe the Club have been giving assurances we are not party to.
Shade
Rather than not pay up front, the club has said that refunds will be available at the end of the season for any games that fans are unable to attend because the ground is closed to fans. They need the money and the fixture list hasn't been released yet so I understand their viewpoint.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Rather than not pay up front, the club has said that refunds will be available at the end of the season for any games that fans are unable to attend because the ground is closed to fans. They need the money and the fixture list hasn't been released yet so I understand their viewpoint.
Yeah. I suspect there are some new insurance products available which clubs / EFL have taken out which means they can refund at the end of the season more easily than facing a shortfall now.
itsallbollox
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
itsallbollox wrote:I'm a pensioner and have had the same seat in the Colin Farmer stand since it was built, last season I didn't ask for a refund of the games we didn't see because of covid 19.

It is a balancing act. The Club need to budget and have certainty of cash flow after all. Adjusting prices or giving refunds mid-season is tough in that respect.

My previous suggestion of enabling your seat to be sold for games you can’t attend would enable you to recoup some of your outlay at least.

In the information about season tickets the wording seemed to indicate they expect fans to be able to attend from game one. Maybe the Club have been giving assurances we are not party to.
I could probably count on my 2 hands how many games I've missed over the last 20 years. I will go into the office on Friday to see if its possible to split the payment over a couple of weeks if not I'll have to forgo food for a couple of weeks :D
Shade
itsallbollox wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

I could probably count on my 2 hands how many games I've missed over the last 20 years. I will go into the office on Friday to see if its possible to split the payment over a couple of weeks if not I'll have to forgo food for a couple of weeks :D
Make sure you contact them to get an appointment first - I believe it is appointment only at the moment.