Fans back in stadiums

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Yes, I can imagine there are many unknowns.

Although is it not the case that we aren’t anticipating fans at football in L2 until mid-October?

I think the only thing that is known is that whatever policies or plans are made now for a month’s time will be superseded by events.
Red Duke
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
paperboy wrote:I see that Exeter have bumped up their admission prices by £2 for everyone apart from under 18s.
Season ticket holders are unaffected so clearly an incentive to get a ST.

Not sure if we have announced match day prices but with iFollow being free to ST holders that would make sense for some.
Does anyone know ifthe iFollow incentive applies to away matches.?
I am guessing that it doesn't.
No, I suspect we will have to pay £10 for away matches, which is fair enough as it is the joke team which misses out and some of the money goes to them I think.

This could help smaller teams playing teams with big fanbases. For example, if Bolton fans can’t travel we might get 5,000 Bolton fans paying to watch iFollow which we get money for I believe, so might be more lucrative than if just 1,000 of them came to a match in normal circs.
I don't think IFollow works that way. If 5000 Bolton pay to watch it, the money goes to Bolton and not to CTFC.
Shade
Red Duke wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
paperboy wrote:I see that Exeter have bumped up their admission prices by £2 for everyone apart from under 18s.
Season ticket holders are unaffected so clearly an incentive to get a ST.

Not sure if we have announced match day prices but with iFollow being free to ST holders that would make sense for some.
Does anyone know ifthe iFollow incentive applies to away matches.?
I am guessing that it doesn't.
No, I suspect we will have to pay £10 for away matches, which is fair enough as it is the joke team which misses out and some of the money goes to them I think.

This could help smaller teams playing teams with big fanbases. For example, if Bolton fans can’t travel we might get 5,000 Bolton fans paying to watch iFollow which we get money for I believe, so might be more lucrative than if just 1,000 of them came to a match in normal circs.
I don't think IFollow works that way. If 5000 Bolton pay to watch it, the money goes to Bolton and not to CTFC.
Yes - I believe the money goes to whichever clubs website you signed up to iFollow through.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Not CTFC or L2, but relevant to fans back in stadiums....tickets on sale for Whitley Bay’s first home game on 8th September. Capped at 300 for this game, as it is their first, but like all teams below the national leagues, this can be increased once the protocols and procedures are proven to work.
Shade
I saw Brighton had some fans in their ground v Chelsea yesterday!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:I saw Brighton had some fans in their ground v Chelsea yesterday!
One of the government pilots.
MSB
Cambridge will be testing fans back in their stadium this month.

1,000 allowed in for their EFL Trophy match against Fulham U21's then 2,500 allowed in for their league fixture against Carlisle.
Robin
We are looking at around 2200 capacity then it seems, probably for the opening few months but could be increased later in the season. Question is whether our first home game will be limited to only 1000 season ticket holders or not?
Malabus
MSB wrote:Cambridge will be testing fans back in their stadium this month.

1,000 allowed in for their EFL Trophy match against Fulham U21's then 2,500 allowed in for their league fixture against Carlisle.
I regard this as very good news.
Ihearye
looks like it will be only ifollow until 2021
Robin
Is that confirmed? I saw the government is going to review whether fans will be allowed back next month but if its delayed for a sustained period I can see certain clubs car crashing into financial ruin.
Ihearye
Racing has been told to cancel their crowds experiment after today. Only funerals and marriages exempt from 6
Robin
Oh dear, hopefully it's not for too long as clubs will start to hit serious financial troubles.
Malabus
This could end many clubs. Another nail in the coffin.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:Racing has been told to cancel their crowds experiment after today. Only funerals and marriages exempt from 6
And weddings, offices, schools and organised sport (playing not watching).
Nesty
I hadn't realised that the Doncaster race meet was an "experiment" - how can you experiment with peoples lives ffs. seems odd that you can allow 3,000 to attend a race meeting yet only 6 people are allowed to have a family get together.
asl
The experiment was to see how many stupid people felt it was okay to attend such a meeting.

Sent from my SM-G9860 using Tapatalk
theidlerich
asl wrote:The experiment was to see how many stupid people felt if was okay to attend such a meeting.

They will be fine - they voted Tory and believe in the words of the Fairy Queen Boris who can do no wrong!

;(

{..sorry but he [BJ] and this ghastly disease is way beyond a joke.....don't people listen or care?]
Nesty
I read somewhere that among the countries that have the best records of dealing with the pandemic are predominately ones with females in charge, whereas we have a big girls blouse. He has ballsed it up from Day 1
Robin
How many countries have fans back at least partially right now? I know France do but unsure on others. Would not be surprised if it's pushed back a month or two given rising virus numbers.
Shade
If only people used their own brains instead of relying on being told what they should and shouldn't do for once. Ie, don't get close to people if you don't know where they've been, don't stay in enclosed areas with said people, don't touch any public surfaces you don't need to and wash your hands ASAP if you do, etc.

And those bloody teenagers. They need locking up (only semi-joking - I know of one recently that has been out with their friends a lot, brought covid back in to their home and infected a parent who had it far, far worse than they had it themselves. They even went out whilst feeling ill, they confessed later).
Ihearye
theidlerich wrote:
asl wrote:The experiment was to see how many stupid people felt if was okay to attend such a meeting.

They will be fine - they voted Tory and believe in the words of the Fairy Queen Boris who can do no wrong!

;(

{..sorry but he [BJ] and this ghastly disease is way beyond a joke.....don't people listen or care?]
Stream of endless drivel. Doncaster that well known hotbed of conservatisim. Get a life
joes dad
How dare you Ihearye, we all know what a success Sir Keir Hindsight would have made.

Some people need to give their head a wobble :roll:
Si Robin
Before this thread completely derails - just want to point out that Starmer has never been up for election as a party leader, so Joe's Dad's comment makes no sense.

My own personal view is that a deaf, dumb and blind man couldn't have made as big a balls up as Boris Johnson's Government, but some people are so partisan there simply isn't any reasoning with them any more. It's just as bad on the other side as well.
joes dad
Obviously had he been in power during Covid
Ihearye
Si Robin wrote:Before this thread completely derails - just want to point out that Starmer has never been up for election as a party leader, so Joe's Dad's comment makes no sense.

My own personal view is that a deaf, dumb and blind man couldn't have made as big a balls up as Boris Johnson's Government, but some people are so partisan there simply isn't any reasoning with them any more. It's just as bad on the other side as well.
My personal opinion, is that like Shade says. When did personal responsibility vanish? What part of preventing a virus do the lower IQ set not understand?
Also, it gets very boring when people start to categorise parts of the population due to the sport they prefer to watch - hence the drivel.
The situation we find oursleve sin now is very similar to the trends throught Europe and soon to be the countries further west. I just find the endless political statements and point scoring on the back of a world wide virus / pandemic, both in poor taste and great examples of 'experts' with hindsight. I take it all those complaining have been self imposed isolating since the outbreak was first noted in China? Given their expertise in the field.
theidlerich
It is with dismay and disappointment that the infection rate of this ghastly virus is getting out of control again. This was always going to be the outcome with the premature loosening of controls and sheer b*******y incompetence of this government.
A serious lack of awareness is apparent throughout some sections of society; with the mantra; it won't apply or affect me. It does, it will and may well be terminal! I was around my market town to-day, a rare venture out; masked and gloved! Horrified at the number of people not wearing masks and oblivious of distancing and safety precautions!
My hoped for opportunity to see CTFC is fast receding, again into the distance!
asl
The company where I work has pretty much told us all that we will not be coming into the offices before March - and, even then, it won't be every day, nor for more than a few hours at a time.
Si Robin
My company is the same - we're expecting no return until January, with a part-time return after that.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I do not think the government deserve such criticism for Covid. No matter what decision any government takes there are negative impacts. The problem is there are trade-offs to be made, but we don’t have enough knowledge or evidence to know what it is we are trading off. It is not just short term decisions about saving lives or jobs - the long term impacts of lockdown on mental health, life chances of kids who, and employment could be severe over the next 20 years but we just don’t have that data to feed in to every decision. It is clear we cannot just shut everything down indefinitely and hope for a vaccine to come along at some point, but then as soon as we allow any opening up people say the government have got it wrong.

I am looking forward to getting back in the office for a couple of days a week, as are most of my colleagues. Working from home is taking its toll increasingly as each week goes by.

Yes, in other respects the PM, Cummings and most of the Cabinet are corrupt, self-serving charlatans who have as little respect for British people as they do the Conservative Party whose honourable name they are dragging through mud. The tabloid reading voters won’t do anything about it, but I am confident that the Conservative Party - which is famous for being ruthless when decided to act in the best for the Conservative Party - will oust Johnson and Cummings at some point next year when they decide enough is enough and don’t want the Party name, reputation and honour sullied any further by the corrupt pieces of sh!t who are ruining it. But on Covid, no one knows how to square the circle and no one knows what decisions could have been better or worse. It is unfair to kick the Government over it.
Malabus
asl wrote:The company where I work has pretty much told us all that we will not be coming into the offices before March - and, even then, it won't be every day, nor for more than a few hours at a time.
So are you hoping furlough will be extending beyond the end of October. Government have no choice, they will have to extend it and closely monitored for any fraudulent activity.

Sent from my F104Bv2_PRO using Tapatalk
asl
Furloughed? Me? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I work in IT. There's nothing I actually have to be face-to-face for. In fact, I prefer it that way. My car will soon have average mileage at this rate!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Oh and laughable, no pathetically hypocritical, of old people to blaming young people so vociferously.

Climate change is a much bigger threat to the survival of humanity than Covid. Young people have been calling for action, more loudly each year as they are the ones who will be most severely impact by it. But politicians do nothing and old tabloid readers say it is made up or too difficult and young people should stop worrying and stop scaremongering.

Brexit will have the most severe impact on young people, who have had their freedom to study, live and work around the EU taken away in a vote they did not take part in, and they have the longest to live with the impact on jobs etc. Yet the old Blue Passport Dunkirkers tell them to stop worrying and stop scaremongering.

Covid impacts on young people less than others and is a shorter term issue. And now they are blamed for not acting, by the same people who take no action to tackle issue which will impact the most on young people.

To summarise, on the two longer term issues which will impact on younger people the most old people tell them to stop worrying and carry on as business as usual. And on the shorter term acute issue which impacts on young people the least they are told to cancel business as usual and start worrying.

I am sorry, but if older generations had shown young people more respect and done things to help rather than hinder future generations then maybe younger people wouldn’t be so carefree and disrespectful now. You cannot on the one hand ignore and tell young people to stop moaning about issues which impact them most and on the other demand they listen and act to issues which effect you most. It is hypocritical in the extreme.

The social contract between generations died due to inaction over climate change and then the Brexit vote.

So given thanks to you old people the world may be unliveable in 40 years and the economy might be screwed I’m jolly well going out for dinner and drinks tonight with my mate visiting from London.

And I’m speaking as a 35-year old who has at least enjoyed the good times since of the last 20 years, so I dare to think how teenagers must feel as they won’t even have the benefits I had.

What goes around comes around. Beds made. Fields sowed. Etc. Etc.
Hubert Parry
Young people are also bound to have the highest rates because they are being ordered back to schools, universities and offices by the Government.

Culture and generational wars are opening up as a smokescreen for the Government to mask its own incompetence.
Red Duke
Hubert Parry wrote:Young people are also bound to have the highest rates because they are being ordered back to schools, universities and offices by the Government.

Culture and generational wars are opening up as a smokescreen for the Government to mask its own incompetence.
I agree, too easy to blame young people. They were told early on that it didn't effect them, but were never told that even though they are likely to be asymptomatic, they could pass the virus on.

I think they should be assessing what to do based on the number of hospital admissions and not on the number of cases.