Grimsby match off

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

itsallbollox
Grimsby player has covid
Ben3
Sounds a bit fishy to me
Hubert Parry
Wish the player a full recovery.

A worrying trend is beginning to emerge here.
Malabus
What a load of s#!t. Suspend the season and get my money back. I've had enough now. Orient will be off too.

Feck the lot of it.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
itsallbollox
Malabus wrote:What a load of s#!t. Suspend the season and get my money back. I've had enough now. Orient will be off too.

Feck the lot of it.

Got the same feeling ffs
Horteng
FFS. How many games will end up like this
Shade
I strongly echo the FFS.

But what can we do? Ending the season is going to do absolutely bugger all except bring even less income to clubs.
Robin
As I said on the other thread two postponements within a few days and cases rising across the country, this is going to become a more regular occurrence unless something can be done. Only way out of this is regular testing for all players and that needs funding.
tunnelvision
Doesn't bode well for the season. How long until the fixture pile-up becomes untenable, or is it now just a case of playing as many games as possible, to get some revenue, before the whole season is abandoned? If we need to rely upon the players (of all clubs) to keep socially distanced, then I think we're screwed!
Malabus
tunnelvision wrote:Doesn't bode well for the season. How long until the fixture pile-up becomes untenable, or is it now just a case of playing as many games as possible, to get some revenue, before the whole season is abandoned? If we need to rely upon the players (of all clubs) to keep socially distanced, then I think we're screwed!
Yep, screwed, I agree.

Malabus
Interesting to see if their game will be postponed.

https://twitter.com/StevenageFC/status/ ... 99042?s=19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Better that this is called off rather than Cod testing positive after the game which would have risked our players having to self isolate.

I can see some clubs - Peterborough the most likely candidate - to keep positive tests secret and play infected players in games without telling anyone.
ctfc-fan
It wouldn’t be so bad if the players didn’t hug each other all the time. Appreciate the elation of scoring but I wouldn’t walk upto one of my workmates and hug them. It’s almost like footballers are a different class to the rest of us....
theidlerich
Minimal contact amongst players essential. Testing should be routine. Problem is at Governmental level, total incompetence and ineptitude unfortunately. Their philosophy is to avoid using The Public Sector’ which would have been markedly more efficient and successful.
tunnelvision
I also don't see why the Prem & EFL have different rules. West Ham have two players and the manager testing positive yet their game goes ahead. Why?
Horteng
tunnelvision wrote:I also don't see why the Prem & EFL have different rules. West Ham have two players and the manager testing positive yet their game goes ahead. Why?
Thats a good point actually. If everyone else tested negative why not just remove said infected player and get on with it?
Nesty
Horteng wrote:
tunnelvision wrote:I also don't see why the Prem & EFL have different rules. West Ham have two players and the manager testing positive yet their game goes ahead. Why?
Thats a good point actually. If everyone else tested negative why not just remove said infected player and get on with it?
I guess to do with incubation period ? but yes lets have some consistency !
ctfc-fan
Horteng wrote:
With an incubation period around 5 days, testing doesn’t work like Kier Starmer suggests. It’s much better to isolate everyone.
Nesty
theidlerich wrote:Minimal contact amongst players essential. Testing should be routine. Problem is at Governmental level, total incompetence and ineptitude unfortunately. Their philosophy is to avoid using The Public Sector’ which would have been markedly more efficient and successful.
incompetence rules UK
SHANDY VOR
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I can see some clubs - Peterborough the most likely candidate - to keep positive tests secret and play infected players in games without telling anyone.
That's quite a bold statement, on what do you base it?

Any skullduggery like this would be more enticive if for example Cheltenham were to draw Man Utd in the third round of the Cup with TV money at stake. Teams with a Covid have to hand the tie to their opponents - no postponements, no game, no money.

When cases are high I can see it becoming a later and later call, as Covid teams hang on to to see if their opponents make the same announcement before them.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I can see some clubs - Peterborough the most likely candidate - to keep positive tests secret and play infected players in games without telling anyone.

Any skullduggery like this would be more enticive if for example Cheltenham were to draw Man Utd in the third round of the Cup with TV money at stake. Teams with a Covid have to hand the tie to their opponents - no postponements, no game, no money.

When cases are high I can see it becoming a later and later call, as Covid teams hang on to to see if their opponents make the same announcement before them.
The corporate culture at Cheltenham would not endorse that or allow it happen. Our Chairman and Board do things the right way.

The reverse is true for Peterborough, based on the vile persona projected by Darragh MadAnthony. Half his Twitter feed is pro-Trump stuff from Florida, so one doubts he has any qualms about lying and cover up for self-interest.

To compare the likes of Peterborough United to Cheltenham Town is an insult to Cheltenham Town.
horlickfanclub
Not keen on Peterborough but their money is helping us stay afloat.
Malabus
Why is Bradford v Stevenage still going ahead?

Sent from my F104Bv2_PRO using Tapatalk
asl
Maybe outside of the first team group ?
Malabus
asl wrote:Maybe outside of the first team group ?
Squad is a squad.
Squad trained together.

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Aren’t you out with your nutjob conspiracy mates in London to watch David Icke, Mal?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... ovid-rules" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Horteng
Malabus wrote:Why is Bradford v Stevenage still going ahead?

It’s a joke

Don’t think Grimsby fancied it and it’s an excuse to postpone
Alf
They’ll be doing Covid tests with VAR next.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:Why is Bradford v Stevenage still going ahead?

The Covids lost at least.
SHANDY VOR
Alf wrote:They’ll be doing Covid tests with VAR next.
:)
SHANDY VOR
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
SHANDY VOR wrote:

The corporate culture at Cheltenham would not endorse that or allow it happen. Our Chairman and Board do things the right way.

The reverse is true for Peterborough, based on the vile persona projected by Darragh MadAnthony. Half his Twitter feed is pro-Trump stuff from Florida, so one doubts he has any qualms about lying and cover up for self-interest.

To compare the likes of Peterborough United to Cheltenham Town is an insult to Cheltenham Town.
I'm not comparing the two clubs m'laddo.
longmover
peterborough are the original gutter club