Tickets

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Another_FoD_Robin
I appreciate this is a long shot and I feel cheeky asking.

Does anyone have a ticket going for any of the remaining home games before Christmas Day. I play amatuerly so don’t have a season ticket. However I have been to Whaddon Road at least once every calendar year since 2000 and I want to keep the streak going. I am not able to attend Boxing Day for the first time since 2010 too.

If anyone can spare me a ticket please message me on here or reply to this post.

I am happy to be anywhere in the ground and will pay accordingly.

Thank you.
Ihearye
Good luck with your search. Not sure how the club can adhere to track and trace etc, if they don't know who is sitting where ? Just a thought
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:Good luck with your search. Not sure how the club can adhere to track and trace etc, if they don't know who is sitting where ? Just a thought
I assume they have the NHS check-in thing for people to scan? Assuming a different code at each entrance then that will be used to track and trace. The entrances are where social distancing is hardest, so that would be the sensible way to do the initial track and trace. The club can then follow up by contacting season ticket holders in a particular area if needed - they will have a record of which tickets have been used at the game - which will confirm who actually attended.
Ihearye
If only that could be depended on. Figures seem to suggest that the app download is not reaching the levels they had hoped for. Add to that the amount of people you see going in to venues and not scanning. Either because they don't have the app or they just don't bother. Would have thought the club knowing who sat where on any given day, would be helpful to them and the kind of governance they should have to show due diligence, should anyone come asking ?
Seems folly for the club to go to the effort they have done, to know who is in what seat and for how many matches. for it then to have doubt cast upon it. In saying that, I can see how that works for seated ST. How they apply social distancing on terraces is another question. Guess there could be an argument for seating those with terrace ST. Until this is easier to cope with.
I wonder if toilet facilities will be closed, so as to avoid ...excuse me, excuse me, excuse me as you make your way along the row. no 3rd world problems here :)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:If only that could be depended on. Figures seem to suggest that the app download is not reaching the levels they had hoped for. Add to that the amount of people you see going in to venues and not scanning. Either because they don't have the app or they just don't bother. Would have thought the club knowing who sat where on any given day, would be helpful to them and the kind of governance they should have to show due diligence, should anyone come asking ?
Seems folly for the club to go to the effort they have done, to know who is in what seat and for how many matches. for it then to have doubt cast upon it. In saying that, I can see how that works for seated ST. How they apply social distancing on terraces is another question. Guess there could be an argument for seating those with terrace ST. Until this is easier to cope with.
I wonder if toilet facilities will be closed, so as to avoid ...excuse me, excuse me, excuse me as you make your way along the row. no 3rd world problems here :)
Completely. The Club have a record of every ticket used, so if they need to contact people they can. And for seats it is easy as you say. If someone handed on or sold their ticket, the club or contact tracers will find out when asking that individual. For those standing, it will just be a case of contacting everyone I guess, unless they have spray painted numbers on the floor for people to stand on.

As for enforcing social distancing, one would hope that the fact this a trial and fans won’t be allowed back for future games if fans don’t follow the rules is enough of an incentive for fans to follow the rules.
Ihearye
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Ihearye wrote:If only that could be depended on. Figures seem to suggest that the app download is not reaching the levels they had hoped for. Add to that the amount of people you see going in to venues and not scanning. Either because they don't have the app or they just don't bother. Would have thought the club knowing who sat where on any given day, would be helpful to them and the kind of governance they should have to show due diligence, should anyone come asking ?
Completely. The Club have a record of every ticket used, so if they need to contact people they can. And for seats it is easy as you say. If someone handed on or sold their ticket, the club or contact tracers will find out when asking that individual. For those standing, it will just be a case of contacting everyone I guess, unless they have spray painted numbers on the floor for people to stand on.

As for enforcing social distancing, one would hope that the fact this a trial and fans won’t be allowed back for future games if fans don’t follow the rules is enough of an incentive for fans to follow the rules.
OR spray paint them on the way in!!! :lol:
Robin
There are different codes on each season ticket which allocates an entrance and segment of terrace you have to stand/stay within. I anticipate will need to scan when entering from each designated entrance point.
Ihearye
All joking aside, with the family attempting to get together for the first time since February. I probably won't be attending the Boxing day game. My ticket is a senior one so if anyone has a correctly aged parent or similar that may wish a seat in the CF, drop me a pm. If all plans re Christmas work out, then I can pop it in the post. I should know for definite in plenty of time for Royal Mail to get in to you. No payment expected or required
Ihearye
Robin wrote:There are different codes on each season ticket which allocates an entrance and segment of terrace you have to stand/stay within. I anticipate will need to scan when entering from each designated entrance point.
Where on the ticket is that hidden Robin. Would be handy to know if I have to enter at the first entrance to the CF or walk down to parklands
Robin
It's written by pen on mine and others I know, one big capital letter.
Ihearye
Robin wrote:It's written by pen on mine and others I know, one big capital letter.
The 3 I piicked up yesterday don't have any markings on them. Parklands it is then :)
Shade
Ihearye wrote:
Robin wrote:It's written by pen on mine and others I know, one big capital letter.
The 3 I piicked up yesterday don't have any markings on them. Parklands it is then :)
Same, block 3 CF.
Si Robin
I think Robin's referring to terracing.
Ihearye
Si Robin wrote:I think Robin's referring to terracing.
definitely spray him in disinfectant on the way in!!!! :lol:
everyman
Another_FoD_Robin wrote:I appreciate this is a long shot and I feel cheeky asking.

Does anyone have a ticket going for any of the remaining home games before Christmas Day. I play amatuerly so don’t have a season ticket. However I have been to Whaddon Road at least once every calendar year since 2000 and I want to keep the streak going. I am not able to attend Boxing Day for the first time since 2010 too.

If anyone can spare me a ticket please message me on here or reply to this post.

I am happy to be anywhere in the ground and will pay accordingly.

Thank you.
Once a season fan i`m sure you will be able to buy a ticket after the trial game as the crowd will be increaed to 2,000 then.
Andy
everyman wrote: Once a season fan i`m sure you will be able to buy a ticket after the trial game as the crowd will be increaed to 2,000 then.

This wont be the case unless the tier changes to 1 - under tier 2, we can only have the lower of 2000 or 50% of our social distancing capacity apparently - our social distancing capacity is 2000, so likely only allowed 1000 under tier 2 - hopefully rising to 2000 under tier 1 if things improve.

This is taken from the CTFC website: https://www.ctfc.com/news/2020/december ... t-holders/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :
The government has stipulated that clubs in tier 2 can admit the LOWER of 2,000 supporters or 50% of socially distanced capacity. Unfortunately because the Jonny-Rocks Stadium is not a large ground, our socially distanced capacity is likely to be no more than 2,000 meaning that for the immediate future we will be able to admit around 1,000 people to matches.
Robin
How did other clubs have 2000 fans at grounds last night? Is that because they had previously ran a trial game? I'm specifically thinking of Carlisle as I know Cambridge had done a trial.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:How did other clubs have 2000 fans at grounds last night? Is that because they had previously ran a trial game? I'm specifically thinking of Carlisle as I know Cambridge had done a trial.
Carlisle had 1,000 at a trial game in September.
Andy
Robin wrote:How did other clubs have 2000 fans at grounds last night? Is that because they had previously ran a trial game? I'm specifically thinking of Carlisle as I know Cambridge had done a trial.
Socially distancing people in a stadium that holds around 18000 (Carlisle) is slightly different to socially distancing people in one that only holds just over 7000, so I expect they will have 2000.

CTFC have done a lot of work to calculate how to accommodate people at Whaddon Road - according to them this means that our social distancing capacity is about 2000. The rules for tier 2 means we can only have 50% of that figure in which means the first few games are limited to the 1000 and no extra tickets other than season ticket holder will likely go on sale until after Christmas. I'm sure they will continually review how it is going.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Andy wrote:
Socially distancing people in a stadium that holds around 18000 (Carlisle) is slightly different to socially distancing people in one that only holds just over 7000, so I expect they will have 2000.

CTFC have done a lot of work to calculate how to accommodate people at Whaddon Road - according to them this means that our social distancing capacity is about 2000. The rules for tier 2 means we can only have 50% of that figure in which means the first few games are limited to the 1000 and no extra tickets other than season ticket holder will likely go on sale until after Christmas. I'm sure they will continually review how it is going.
Tier 2 doesn’t half the the 2,000 limit.

Tier 1 can have up to 4,000 (or half of normal capacity, whichever is fewest). Tier 2 can have up to 2,000.

The 1,000 this weekend is a trial (same as Carlisle had a 1,000 trial) and if successful we can have up to 2,000 with the exact number specified by the safety advisory group. Andy Wilcox suggested 1,800 in a recent forum.

So if we pass the trial on the weekend, we should have 1,800 to 2,000 for the Bolton game.
Ihearye
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Andy wrote:

Tier 2 doesn’t half the the 2,000 limit.

Tier 1 can have up to 4,000 (or half of normal capacity, whichever is fewest). Tier 2 can have up to 2,000.

The 1,000 this weekend is a trial (same as Carlisle had a 1,000 trial) and if successful we can have up to 2,000 with the exact number specified by the safety advisory group. Andy Wilcox suggested 1,800 in a recent forum.

So if we pass the trial on the weekend, we should have 1,800 to 2,000 for the Bolton game.
I am thinking along the same lines. I am sure I read in the MEN that Cheltenham would be allowed 2000 in the ground. They published a list of all EFL clubs and their capacity allownace.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
No need to think Ihearye, it is fact: Tier 2 areas allowed up to 2,000, or half normal capacity, whichever is lower. So our max would be 2,000. The safety folk will determine the exact number.
Ihearye
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:No need to think Ihearye, it is fact: Tier 2 areas allowed up to 2,000, or half normal capacity, whichever is lower. So our max would be 2,000. The safety folk will determine the exact number.
No, I need to keep thinking :)
asl
Ihearye wrote:No, I need to keep thinking :)
...or you won't be.
Ihearye
asl wrote:
Ihearye wrote:No, I need to keep thinking :)
...or you won't be.
About the only thing they don't tax you on ......... I think :roll:
Artemis
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:No need to think Ihearye, it is fact: Tier 2 areas allowed up to 2,000, or half normal capacity, whichever is lower. So our max would be 2,000. The safety folk will determine the exact number.
Wrong. As Andy said earlier in the thread and as pointed out by the club on Tuesday (https://www.ctfc.com/news/2020/december ... t-holders/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) in tier 2, its the lower of 50% of socially distanced (not normal) capacity or 2000, which means, according to the club:

".....because the Jonny-Rocks Stadium is not a large ground, our socially distanced capacity is likely to be no more than 2,000 meaning that for the immediate future we will be able to admit around 1,000 people to matches."

Which will be why they issued tickets for the Bolton and Stevenage games at the same time as Exeter.

It's going to be odd with just a 1000 or so there. But better than nothing!
Ihearye
Artemis wrote:
Wrong. As Andy said earlier in the thread and as pointed out by the club on Tuesday (https://www.ctfc.com/news/2020/december ... t-holders/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) in tier 2, its the lower of 50% of socially distanced (not normal) capacity or 2000, which means, according to the club:

".....because the Jonny-Rocks Stadium is not a large ground, our socially distanced capacity is likely to be no more than 2,000 meaning that for the immediate future we will be able to admit around 1,000 people to matches."

Which will be why they issued tickets for the Bolton and Stevenage games at the same time as Exeter.

Interesting, this then must mean we have < 1000 ST ?
andgarod
I thought about 1200 ST sold but perhaps some people asked for refunds thus reducing the number
who knows it will be like the pre conference days again when you knew everyone
I used to take a rug along to keep the kids warm ( and myself)
I might try it again tomorrow as its going to be chilly especial if we have to sit their for an hour before KO
COYR
Si Robin
Ihearye wrote:
Artemis wrote:

Interesting, this then must mean we have < 1000 ST ?
919 was the figure I saw JP quote the other day

EDIT: JP's Tweet - https://twitter.com/JonPalmerSport/stat ... 7991558151
Shade
It'll be like a League Trophy game, where the early round attendances usually max out at about 900, I think. Only the game will be more intense, and we'll start in daylight.
Robin
We had around 1200 season tickets but looks like those who requested money back have been deducted.
Hubert Parry
I suspect the attendance will be a bit lower.

There will be season ticket holders who are based a distance away (like me) who can't pick up their season tickets this week.
Si Robin
I'm really not sure if my son will be coming either. It's all a bit too regimented for him I think. He likes to meet his mates and have a laugh with them at h/t and whatnot, obviously that won't be possible tomorrow.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Hubert Parry wrote:I suspect the attendance will be a bit lower.

There will be season ticket holders who are based a distance away (like me) who can't pick up their season tickets this week.
And my seat will be empty. A family member tried to collect on Monday when they collected theirs, but the club said they couldn’t collect as it was posted out that morning. Not arrived in the post yet.
Ihearye
andgarod wrote:I thought about 1200 ST sold but perhaps some people asked for refunds thus reducing the number
who knows it will be like the pre conference days again when you knew everyone
I used to take a rug along to keep the kids warm ( and myself)
I might try it again tomorrow as its going to be chilly especial if we have to sit their for an hour before KO
COYR
In these social distancing days, I guess changing ends at half time is out of the question ? :D