CTFC Crowdfunder

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

1887RedArmy
The FA Cup is, as we all know, a great way of the club making some extra money that isn’t budgeted for. The absence of fans inside Whaddon Road this weekend will obviously prevent the club making any money from ticket revenue.

We (The 1887 Red Army) have created a virtual match day Crowdfunder for this weekends game against Mansfield. All of the money donated will be given to Cheltenham to help with the ticket revenue deficit.

For every £1 you pledge, you will also be entered into a draw to win a signed Charlie Raglan match shirt kindly donated by Charlie and signed photos of the starting eleven from this weekends game as kindly donated by club photographer Alan Franklin.

£1 = 1 Entry
£20 = 20 Entries

The link for the Crowdfunder is below. Let’s all come together and support the club in these difficult times and hopefully raise some really good money to help out.

[url]https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/cheltenhammansfield/[url]

Thanks all!
1887 Red Army
little mo
Link not working on mine. Is this kosher,seems a bit last minute to me.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Here is a working link:

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/cheltenhammansfield" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is legit. I saw it earlier in the week so it has been going a few days. The official CTFC Twitter page has also shared the link a few days ago so it has support form the club too.
little mo
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Here is a working link:

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/cheltenhammansfield" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is legit. I saw it earlier in the week so it has been going a few days. The official CTFC Twitter page has also shared the link a few days ago so it has support form the club too.
Once again thank you. Now i have been on there i can see it is ok.
1887RedArmy
£1500 raised so far! Fantastic effort by all!

Apologies for putting this on so late before the match. We started it earlier in the week as there hasn’t been a Crowdfunder yet in these difficult times and was trying to think of ways to promote it. The club are aware of the Crowdfunder and it is legit.

Fingers crossed we can all come together and raise some really good money for the club and help towards the loss of revenue.
1887RedArmy
£2000 target reached!!

HUGE thank you to all that have donated to this point.

Onwards towards £3000?
Andy
When is the draw? Who won?
Johnsons Red Army
https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/cheltenhamvmancity" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Still a week left according to the page (and a new link too).
Andy
Link for the previous one goes to a 404 page not found for me now so assume it was over
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
There is also another new link:

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/cheltenhamtownvmancity" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
little mo
Really confused now, 2 links working,different totals,£625 on one,£2345 on the other. Can someone explain what is happening and then i will donate,thanks.
Hubert Parry
One is for the Mansfield match, the other is for the Manchester City match.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Hubert Parry wrote:One is for the Mansfield match, the other is for the Manchester City match.
The text on both has been updated to say Man City...as seen via the two links above.

The second one was only launched last night, and has gained £645 already so seems to be building traction with City fans.
Hubert Parry
A ha!

My only concern with the Manchester City one(s) is whether this also has the club's support (I assume it has). If not, then it might limit what the club is able to do along a similar theme, down the line.
Johnsons Red Army
https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/user/john ... e/projects" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Both were set up by the same user so nothing to worry about I'm sure.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
£858 for the new one. Could well catch up with the first one today at this rate.
Ihearye
A Tad confused about the gift aid declarations. Is CTFC a charity now ?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:A Tad confused about the gift aid declarations. Is CTFC a charity now ?
No. I suspect that gift aid thing is just there on all the crowdfunders and we can ignore it for this one. Unless the Trust is eligible?

Anyway, Man City fans keep piling in. £2,600+ raised now on the new crowdfunder launched last night.
Ihearye
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Ihearye wrote:A Tad confused about the gift aid declarations. Is CTFC a charity now ?
No. I suspect that gift aid thing is just there on all the crowdfunders and we can ignore it for this one. Unless the Trust is eligible?

Anyway, Man City fans keep piling in. £2,600+ raised now on the new crowdfunder launched last night.
I think it must just be a case of someone ticking the wrong box, as gift aid is not a default. Heartening to see that the majority of the donations are coming from Man City folk. Pity they can't come down for a weekend break.

Looking forward to what the club organises to see if we can contribute further to the club and help the 'staying afloat fund'as much as possible.
Jon Palmer
Brilliant response so far: http://bit.ly/ManCityCrowdfunder" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1887RedArmy
Hello all,

The Mansfield Crowdfunder is still running (we don't expect any further donations) and will announce winners by the end of the week.

The Man City Crowdfunder is absolutely flying and we are now well over £6k! Thank you to all that have donated so far! The Gift Aid box was accidentally ticked and we wont be claiming that back.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
1887RedArmy wrote:Hello all,

The Mansfield Crowdfunder is still running (we don't expect any further donations) and will announce winners by the end of the week.

The Man City Crowdfunder is absolutely flying and we are now well over £6k! Thank you to all that have donated so far! The Gift Aid box was accidentally ticked and we wont be claiming that back.
Great stuff. I think the confusion came because the Mansfield crowdfunder was changed to say Man City.

Out of interest, for the things like Virtual Hospitality is there anything fans receive as part of the reward, either now or in the future?
1887RedArmy
1887RedArmy wrote:Hello all,

Great stuff. I think the confusion came because the Mansfield crowdfunder was changed to say Man City.

Out of interest, for the things like Virtual Hospitality is there anything fans receive as part of the reward, either now or in the future?
No worries at all. We were going to keep the same Crowdfunder and carry it on but didn't want any confusion and started a new one (seems to have worked well).

There isn't currently any rewards but it is something we are looking into.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Thanks for speedy reply. Good stuff. It will be interesting to see what ideas and incentives the Club arranges as well - hopefully these complement your efforts!
Ihearye
If at all possible, given the contributions. It would be a nice gesture if we could come up with a reward that would be appropriate to one of the Man City supporters, along side any for a CTFC supporter?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:If at all possible, given the contributions. It would be a nice gesture if we could come up with a reward that would be appropriate to one of the Man City supporters, along side any for a CTFC supporter?
Yes totally. Someone pledged £500! Be nice if they got something.
Artemis
Ihearye wrote:If at all possible, given the contributions. It would be a nice gesture if we could come up with a reward that would be appropriate to one of the Man City supporters, along side any for a CTFC supporter?
I don't think we can afford the European Cup
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Artemis wrote:
I don't think we can afford the European Cup
They won’t win it until Pep is gone.
Hubert Parry
I intend to pledge but have not yet done so in case there are any rewards down the line. :P
bigdavejambo
a red face when Cheltenham dump them out of the cup!!!!
Shade
£9.5k now.

Would be nice if, when fans are allowed back and travel is allowed, a couple of thousand MCFC fans who donated could be given a cheap day out to a CTFC home game, similar to Marine offering Spurs ST holders free entry.

Let's face it, we would be able to accommodate them if they were happy to mostly stand! Assuming any would want to come, of course - it might help build bridges between the clubs.
andgarod
One of the local papers in Manchester is running this article
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... p-19608235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Perhaps JP had a hand nudging them

Well done
Artemis
Quite possibly - both publications are owned by Reach.
Shade
£3k in the last 90 minutes.
Hubert Parry
The club has just launched its own. I'm not sure that was the most sensible idea given the momentum and publicity of the existing one.