Letter from the National League North

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
To the authorities re lack of financial support for an extended period without fans.

Gloucester City one of a dozen or so clubs to sign. https://www.gloucestercityafc.com/news/ ... statement/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I must say, given Gloucester went on a big name signing spree during the summer whilst the rest of football was quite rightly watching the pennies due to there being a pandemic and no prospect of fans returning soon, I find it a bit cheeky they then sign a statement which states this:

“As clubs we have worked diligently to comply with elite sport protocols and ensure a prudent approach to financial management based upon the reassurances given in October.”

Prudent financial management would to not have been signing the likes of Dawson, Asante, etc based on 400 ST sales whilst publicly stating you need 1,000 fans to attend to break even during the middle of a pandemic!
SHANDY VOR
I could ask why your team decided to pay to bring in new players when you had a squad to cover at least one starting XI, while at the same time expressing financial concerns to the EFL.

But I didn't, because actually I don't know the full facts about your clubs finances, and it is none of my business, nor does it directly affect my team. So I chose not to s#!t stir.

You could learn a lot from me m'laddo.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:I could ask why your team decided to pay to bring in new players when you had a squad to cover at least one starting XI, while at the same time expressing financial concerns to the EFL.

But I didn't, because actually I don't know the full facts about your clubs finances, and it is none of my business, nor does it directly affect my team. So I chose not to s#!t stir.

We barely bought any players in, having sold our best player to Peterborough for a three figure fee and released our biggest earner; both to the detriment of our current season.
SHANDY VOR
Barely, but still did.

And I wonder whether the players were sold/released to balance the books, or whether there were other reasons. Stop getting all Donald Trump on me and try and occupy your evening in a more useful and less provocative way. Use the limited time you have on this planet more productively, it is running out even as you read this. Do a good deed, get those jobs done you are always putting off, tell your wife you love her.

I will be
ctfc-fan
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
SHANDY VOR wrote:I could ask why your team decided to pay to bring in new players when you had a squad to cover at least one starting XI, while at the same time expressing financial concerns to the EFL.

We barely bought any players in, having sold our best player to Peterborough for a three figure fee and released our biggest earner; both to the detriment of our current season.
Broom went for just a few hundred pounds?!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

Broom went for just a few hundred pounds?!
Oops. :lol: