Harry Trapp

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

DWx3
I'm sad to announce that the club lost a lifelong supporter this week: my uncle, Harry Trapp.

Harry was born in 1957 and grew up in Cheltenham. He went to St Benedicts school and then worked for local printing companies. He was one of the founding partners of In2Print who were the very first sponsors of the all-seater stand on the Wymans Road. Harry was regular at Cheltenham games for several decades. He was passionate about all sport and was also involved with local cricket and rugby clubs.

Harry spent the best part of the last 15 years travelling the world spending long periods in South America, India, Sri Lanka and everywhere in between! He was spurred on by the untimely death of his younger sister and realised that life is for living. 63 is a young age to go these days but he made the most of his years and made friends wherever he went.

When the pandemic hit last March, Harry was in Peru and had to be repatriated to the UK. He stayed in Hastings with his niece and then moved into his own flat waiting for it all to blow over so he could embark on his adventures again. Sadly, it wasn't to be as he was found dead in his flat on Monday.

It seems quite unlike Harry to leave this world halfway through an England test match victory and a week ahead of the biggest game in Cheltenham Town's history but I guess we don't get a say in these matters.

I'll be raising a beer to him on Saturday and if you knew him or not, please do the same.

RIP, H.
Fuller
My sincere condolences. I met Harry a few times years ago and used to see him around at local sporting events.
RIP Harry.
Another_FoD_Robin
RIP. My thoughts are with your family during this awful time.