next season - crowds/season tickets

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

bigdavejambo
i know its all a guess just now but what do people realistically think will happen with crowds been back in and season tickets next season? Will people be wary about buying season tickets? will the club risk increasing prices with all the uncertainty?
itsallbollox
bigdavejambo wrote:i know its all a guess just now but what do people realistically think will happen with crowds been back in and season tickets next season? Will people be wary about buying season tickets? will the club risk increasing prices with all the uncertainty?
Good point. Yes it's all guess work but I for one will renew my season ticket with the hope of seeing some football. As a pensioner I'm not well off by any means but football is one of my only pleasures and following CTFC since the first game I seen back in 1963, it still is as well with all the good and bad times.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I doubt anyone can say at this stage. Let’s see what the 22nd Feb announcement says re the roadmap to ending lockdown, then see what changes in the subsequent months to derail (or not) those plans.

I will buy my ST regardless. If fans are allowed then I will make half a dozen or so more games a season than if fans aren’t allowed. But I know many cannot afford it, so no one should feel pressured to buy one if things are uncertain.
CTFCfan99
No reason not to be more or less back to normal by next season. If anyone is still uncertain they have the choice to stay away, but with pretty much everyone vaccinated by then the rest of us must be allowed to crack on with things.
Malabus
Summer 2022 ... not seeing full crowds before then.
Shade
CTFCfan99 wrote:No reason not to be more or less back to normal by next season. If anyone is still uncertain they have the choice to stay away, but with pretty much everyone vaccinated by then the rest of us must be allowed to crack on with things.
This. At the very least we should be able to attend with social distancing without worrying about any more lockdowns. All we can do is hope that the vaccinations work against all the variants we know of and those to come, and we should most of us have had at least one jab by August! Just under a quarter of the population have had one in, what, a month and a half? Bearing in mind kids aren't having them (yet), I'd guess that just about a third of all people that accept them have had one. By August, all the most vulnerable should have had their second jabs and most of the rest of us should be well into second jab territory.
goalpost
I'm hoping for crowds to be allowed into grounds too. I'm moving to Morecambe in a few weeks, so a great location for all the games in the north west. Thats providing away supporters will be allowed into the games
Fuller
Could well be limits on crowd capacity at sporting events for the rest of 2021. So a season ticket probably the guarantee to get into the ground, but still with social distancing and masks. Away fans doubtful for a while too. Suppose we may know a little more on Monday.

Who would have thought this time 12 months ago all this Tom Tit would have happened a year on?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Just don’t start the season until capacity crowds are allowed again.

If this means playing October to July, or January to September then so be it. That is better that this wretched season.
Ihearye
You know I would even sit in the old main stand if it meant actually watching football. And I swore I would never go back there
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:You know I would even sit in the old main stand if it meant actually watching football. And I swore I would never go back there
Me too. Maybe I would draw the line at parts of the C&G where you can actually see any action from. Though I guess I could watch iFollow on my phone for those bits :lol:

On that note actually, it does seem this season there is more consensus on here as to which players are playing well or not. I guess as we all see the same camera angle for games we all see the same things, rather than people in the C&G or block 1 or 8 commenting on things they couldn’t actually see properly!
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Ihearye wrote:You know I would even sit in the old main stand if it meant actually watching football. And I swore I would never go back there
Me too. Maybe I would draw the line at parts of the C&G where you can actually see any action from. Though I guess I could watch iFollow on my phone for those bits :lol:

On that note actually, it does seem this season there is more consensus on here as to which players are playing well or not. I guess as we all see the same camera angle for games we all see the same things, rather than people in the C&G or block 1 or 8 commenting on things they couldn’t actually see properly!
I miss not being able to see what's going on off the ball, like who is making runs that are being ignored time and again :lol:
bigdavejambo
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Just don’t start the season until capacity crowds are allowed again.

If this means playing October to July, or January to September then so be it. That is better that this wretched season.
that may work next season as they have to work next years schedule around the winter 2022 world cup.