Player of the year and other nominations

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

andgarod
I have not seen any official ballots

but player of the year Thomas
Thrower of the year Tozer
Loanee of the year Griffiths
Manager of the year M Duff
Best bandage wearer of the year Raglan
Do we have any young players of our own LLoyd but if Freestone is younger then him

Clubman Joyce but our new kit man and towel dispenser ran him close Boyle

:D
Hubert Parry
Some difficult choices.

POTY is particularly difficult as there is a case to be made for most of the core group. Tozer, as captain, chief assistant and martial of the inexperienced would perhaps sneak it ahead of the playmaker Thomas.

YPOTY would go to Josh Griffiths. More or less ever present and must be up there on the most clean sheets for a season. Earned the club more points than he has cost us and was never fazed by the few errors he did make.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Tozer or Thomas for me. I suspect Tozer might win Supporters POTY and Thomas the Players POTY.

Goal of the season...Wright, so far.

Moment of the season...May, so far. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/55783173" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
drgm
Tozer for me.
Has been so good that he has allowed Duff to play with a back three not four. Has impacted up the other end as well.
His goal-line clearance against Man City typified the commitment of the whole team.
HamTown
drgm wrote:Tozer for me.
Has been so good that he has allowed Duff to play with a back three not four. Has impacted up the other end as well.
His goal-line clearance against Man City typified the commitment of the whole team.
Same for me but I would say that I think the back three vs four is more of a testament to the wing backs than Tozer.

But I wouldn't scratch my head if Thomas won it, hes been extremely reliable and particularly valuable during our midfield injury crisis a while back.
Nesty
good shouts all round.
Shade
I'd agree, Tozer or Thomas. Tozer for me, though, because he's captained the side to promotion and hopefully more, been part of 21 clean sheets, I think, and has the most assists, I believe. I also think he has played every minute of this brutal season??? Which is amazing when you think about how many injuries Raglan and Boyle have picked up.
Horteng
For me it would be Boyle, Tozer or Thomas but its hard to overlook Tozer given that he's played every game.

Has Connor played every game apart from his nose injury? Cant remember if he missed a game with that or not?

Boyle hasn't played every game but he's dominant in both boxes and his goals have been massive.

Really tough one this year.....

MD must get manager of the season for L2 atleast?
CTFCfan99
Manager of the season could be any of Duff, Bonner or even Adams at Morecambe, but if we win the title I'd hope that would seal it for MD.
Red Duke
Horteng wrote: Has Connor played every game apart from his nose injury? Cant remember if he missed a game with that or not?
Conor has played 35 times this season. He had a spell out for 7 games but has played the last 22.
horlickfanclub
Great to see Thomas playing so well and quieting his critics. Everyone in the squad has done a great job chipping in.The back room ,Board and everyone have been great in a difficult year without much of a break between seasons.
The supporters have been great too.
Si Robin
Boyle's my player of the year. He's been absolutely outstanding in both boxes. Tozer has been great, and I agree Thomas has been outstanding, but we look so much better with Boyle in the team.
Malabus
Charlie Raglan for me..but Thomas has been brilliant. Tough one.
RobinsTrustChair
Hi all,

Vote for the Bryan Jacob Cup for CTFC Player of the Year award now up and running: https://www.robinstrust.org/posts/bryan ... year-2021/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Edam Nevada
Pretty much every player has contributed this season, some a little more often than others, as a leader on the pitch you can't look past Tozer, he has been immense, but all the back line have been superb (Matty Blair has pushed Tozer all the way for POTY for me) I have at times thought we were a little bit light in midfield, Thomas has been superb there, there is a good footballer in there and he has flourished under Duff, Sercs has brought some class and huge experience to help the younger lads, up top Alfie just pips it for me, he has some engine, he must be a nightmare for defenders to play against, Lloydy similiary, good athlete and will only get better with more experience, Willo like Sercs brings experience to the camp, which can only be good for the younger lads, Smith has done a decent job as well, runs the lines well, good hold up play

POTY - Tozer
TPOTY - Griffiths
Best moment - Tozers header off the line v City (just shades it for me)
Goal of the season - easy one Callum Wrights
Biggest k- - -head John Yems